It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Answering Questions At The Gate

page: 1
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Today you died.

You go to the gate of heaven, and you're questioned on your decisions that you made. The righteous man would have made all the right decisions, yet your 80+- years on earth are all rapped up into this interview.

When you were four years old, you snuck a cookie . . . At 13, you smoked a cigarette. . . . At 20 you drank a beer . . . At 36, you killed somebody while driving a vehicle intoxicated. Or maybe you didn't.

Now for this, you're going to hell. You were brought up from an egg and sperm, threw into a vengeful world, and taught what was right and wrong from a book your great-great-great-great-grandmother passed down from a translation of a monarch.

You meet St. Peter at the gate. He asks, "Why did you cheat on the spelling test in 2nd grade?" Then he says, "Why would you sneak that cookie your mother told you not to take?" Blah, blah blah . . . "Why do you look at internet porno?" "Why did you speed on the highway?" Blah blah blah . . .

We're all gonna face it one day. What are we gonna say?

I'm just gonna say, God made me that way. I didn't make myself.




posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'd say "who the f#ck are you?"

Don't worry - the only people judging are you and those close to you.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mathematic
 


I'll tell St. Peter that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God; and then remind him that Christ paid the price for me already.

That's when I'll look up from the gates made of pearls and gaze into the distance at all of the mansions made of gold, and then I'll ask him a question.

"Which one's mine homie?"



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp
 


We have to remind St. Peter that Christ died on the Cross? Why's he still the bouncer into the Golden Gates?



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Where did this myth of Peter guarding the gates of heaven come from?



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'd say I called on the Lord Jesus Christ, and He was there all the time, and He didn't stop me.
Blame Him.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
reply to post by mathematic
 


I'll tell St. Peter that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God; and then remind him that Christ paid the price for me already.

That's when I'll look up from the gates made of pearls and gaze into the distance at all of the mansions made of gold, and then I'll ask him a question.

"Which one's mine homie?"


Amen on that....



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Do you really think that this is what he would be worried about, or are you just helping us newbies get our 20 posts? cause if there was a Jesus, I sure hope he didn't die for this trivial bull#. Is this what humanity has been destroyed for? Is this why some other species is better than us? Of course, maybe I'm the only one left
Oh #"........no!



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well at least I'm not out of vodka yet.....



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci
 


I guess it goes back to this Matthew 16:15-19

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven.”



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the Internet porn.

Is that really comparable to killing somebody on the highway?

Do you think they will see all "sins" as the same?

I think I might see some regrettable and shameful things flash before my eyes when I die, but honestly, Internet porn is not on my list.
As an HIV-positive person, sticking to images is the lesser of two evils.
As a matter of fact, I think I should get a golden crown for that, even if it is gay porn.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman
 


A sin is a sin is a sin. They're all the same, for we are told.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
Do you really think that this is what he would be worried about, or are you just helping us newbies get our 20 posts? cause if there was a Jesus, I sure hope he didn't die for this trivial bull#. Is this what humanity has been destroyed for? Is this why some other species is better than us? Of course, maybe I'm the only one left
Oh #"........no!


You have your 20 posts son, go on and get'em!



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mathematic
 


I am a woman, not anyones son and maybe therein the problem lies.....having said that, do not want to derail anyones thought process. Not trying to "get" anyone, either, what I know and what I have to day, I will pay a very high price for....I have waited, because I wanted no one else to pay...... It's why I visit that vodka every night, shamefully.......(head bowed)



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus
 


Matthew. You cannot hide a city built on a hill. And it is there to pay for you



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mathematic
 

Yeah, but is it a sin?
It says a married man who lusts after a woman has already committed adultery in his heart.
I'm not married.
There's no Internet in the Bible, or a concept of porn.
While it describes certain gay acts in certain contexts, the concept of homosexuality didn't officially exist until the term was coined in the late 19th century.
I'm cool, and people say being "celibate" in that way is superior to endangering anybody else.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50
 


I think your vodka consumption has surpassed mine, since I'm not sure what you mean. I don't want to upset or degrade you, I'm much more interested in your thoughts. Please inform me. I apologize for calling you "son".



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by mathematic
 

Yeah, but is it a sin?
It says a married man who lusts after a woman has already committed adultery in his heart.
I'm not married.
There's no Internet in the Bible, or a concept of porn.
While it describes certain gay acts in certain contexts, the concept of homosexuality didn't officially exist until the term was coined in the late 19th century.
I'm cool, and people say being "celibate" in that way is superior to endangering anybody else.



I don't know where you're going. If you're gay, you're gay. If you lust women, you lust women. You can't tell me programmed yourself man, set yourself free.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mathematic
 

Cheers to that!
I think I misunderstood the "sin is a sin" post.
I think there must be some differentiation, with different classes in heaven or hell.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by mathematic
 

Cheers to that!
I think I misunderstood the "sin is a sin" post.
I think there must be some differentiation, with different classes in heaven or hell.



Actually, I'm trying to break down the absurdity of the concept. I cannot fathom that the minute existence we portray on earth will condemn us to an eternal life of anything. We're brought to this earth with traits we did not create. We are thrown into an existence, we didn't create, nor learn to live with without societal implications of religious dogma.

I cannot see it. If I stand at the gates one day with these questions in my face, I'll throw my hands up. The only truth I learned on this earth is that I cannot trust man. Man gave me the word. Man portrayed me. A JUST God would NOT believe his WORD would be passed through man. God know ALL. God knows man is fallible. God CANNOT trust man to pass his word. Your Bible is man's translation. Free Yourself.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join