It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lexus SC 400 aficionados (or, "Choose your favorite Car")

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I loved my Lexus.

Yes, it had a few issues....the headlight lenses, and the crazing (there are TV "admercials" (pat. pend.) that sell "miracle" cures for this...not only for Lexus, but for all vehicles with similar headlight crazing issues.

My SC400 was a joy, for the time I had it. (1996 - 2009) Although, in no particular order....the Nakamichi sound system gave out, I think it was the Main Amp....might have begun in the aft deck speakers. Though, when it comes to the SC400. might have been a common year issue with other "luxury" Lexus offerings, that model year....did I mention, it was a '1992' version? Many who may have owned the Sedan from that era have experienced similar failures?

Had to replace the Power Steering pump....was worst thing (other than the preceding minor annoyances). Well, sound system going out was last worst, but sold "As Is", so LOL....their problem.

Still....can't get over the lines, and look of that car. I keep a look-out for any that are on sale, just in case.

Maybe this thread can "MORPH" into a bigger thread about "luxury" cars? And, which have been 'good' to you, and which haven't?]
edit on Thu 6 October 2011 by ProudBird because: Changed "Nakamishi" to "Nakamichi".....spelling error.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Love lexus.

I have 2 400's and an Sc300 (with a nice big turbo on her) all with over 250,000 on them. Just drove the 300 down here to florida.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Ubhstry because: Florida

edit on 6-10-2011 by Ubhstry because: Florida

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I have nothing against Lexus vehicles. But I do have a problem with a good chunk of those who drive them in the city I live in.

Had one try to cut me off today on the way to the OWS protest. Not the first time this has happened. The bimbo was on the cell phone as well.

Here we are doing 70 and she keeps lunging at me expecting me to hit my breaks. Not happening lady.

I'm sure she could have afforded the lawsuit had a actual accident occured.

I hope the rest of her week is crappy.
edit on 6-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
2010 Challenger SRT8

450 Horsepower of maximum performance.

Awwww yeeaahh.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

The sc300/400 are nice cars but a definitely a watered version of their Japanese counterpart the Toyota Soarer. The Soarer came with the 1jz turbo engine. But this is coming from a Honda guy and closet Nissan fan.
I would like to have a VIP style LS400 though.
edit on 6-10-2011 by middleclasssoldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by middleclasssoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hey guys, I'm an Aussie so Soarers are more common here and they are often
rebadged as Lexus sc400. I own a V8 1997 Soarer GT limited which is the 3rd and final production series.
Soarer's are slightly more optioned than the sc400's, the japs wanted to keep the best for themselves.

edit on 7-10-2011 by weirdguy because: I can't spell for sheit

new topics

top topics

join