It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is dark matter/energy evidence of other universes??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
not sure if this is the right forum.......but just a highly amateur simplistic question for space spooks out there....

As I understand it, the universe is expanding faster and faster. This is put down to dark matter/energy, which is just a name "we" give to whatever is causing this effect - we don't know what it is, and have never actually seen or measured any dark matter or energy. All we know is that the gravity of the universe should be slowing down the expansion, and it ain't happening.

OK - so how about this - if the universe is a bubble, and there are other "bubble universes" outside our one, then might the effect be caused by gravitation from matter in those other bubble universes?

At an extreme, if there were an infinite number of bubble universes there would be an infinite amount of gravity pulling from outside our own universe.

Since there is clearly not an infinite amount of such extra-universe gravity/dark matter/energy, might the force levels involved that we ascribe to dark mattter/energy be something we can use to measure how much matter such bubble universes might contain??
edit on 6-10-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Dark matter is nonsense. It is magic fairy dust, numbers that must be arbitrarily added to the observations to make the "theories" fit the observations. Clear sign of a WRONG theory, when you have to make stuff up to make the numbers add up.

"According to the theories that were stuffed into my head, all these galaxies we are looking at don't have enough mass to hold together according to the gravity THEORY. So, either the theory is wrong, or, I KNOW, ninety nine percent of the entire universe is magically INVISIBLE. Yeah, I like the second one better. Let's go with it."

Nor is the universe expanding. This is due to the "redshift equals distance" nonsense which has also been proven WRONG many times. This renders the Big Bang also nonsense.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I look forward to you rewriting this wiki page on the expanding universe, and receiving a well deserved Nobel Prize for showing the universe is not expanding at all.

I probably won't understand your papers - but thanks for the summary above!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
No prob. I could explain it, but it would probably just confuse you.

Here is just more evidence of how meaningless and retarded the Nobel prize is as well.

The trio studied what are called Type 1a supernovae, determining that more distant objects seem to move faster. Their observations suggest that not only is the Universe expanding, its expansion is relentlessly speeding up.

So, some things SEEM to move faster, and observations SUGGEST blah blah blah. Utter drivel. Means actually NOTHING. This gets the Nobel prize? Meh.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Surely this dark matter term is somehoew racist?
Why not bright matter?
Why a black hole...and not a white hole?
Everything is relative so why ....black and white absolutes?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
first off there is a white hole......White hole

secondly... As for the other universes...Multiverse

So really there are different kinds of multiple universe theories out there.

I just posted some simple infor for you, but there is someone called Phage here, and he can explain to you very neatly the link between dark matter and such. (also look up threads on your suject)

Really it comes down to your understanding of M theory as a whole.

Also to consider is Loop Quantum theory,
I am not saying that one is right over the other, but most deniers of M theory are more fond of this theory
edit on 8-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: Misspelled Phage haha

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Thanks for that and add the brown dwarfs and red dwarfs, and we have a model PC universe and no not the microsoft kind...but no not the apple kind either.
But still strange how we assign terms to things since time began?

new topics

top topics

join