It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

newby who found a nice contradiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Been lurking for ages , and seen many first time posters get beaten down like a fly on a trailer wagon wall

Im from holland and a bit dislectic ( hope it dont show to much ) but by all means not stupid

anyway the reason for joining is a article about greece buying 400 abraham tanks as we speak

ill give the link but its in dutch ,, but ill try to translate
first of all its from the telegraaf , compairable with any right wing news paper , bit populistical bit easy on the mind , but never the less a credible source

link

www.telegraaf.nl...,1

the text in dutch

ATHENE - Het Griekse leger wil 400 M1A1 Abrams-tanks overnemen van de Verenigde Staten. De kosten zouden in de honderden miljoenen lopen.

Dat schrijft het Griekse vakblad Hellenic Defense & Technology, meldt RTL nieuws. De precieze kosten zijn niet bekend, maar één tank zou zo'n 3,2 miljoen kosten. De Amerikaanse regering zou binnenkort akkoord gaan met de deal.

De aankoop is opmerkelijk aangezien Griekenland op de rand van een faillisement staat en flink moet bezuinigen. De Griekse bevolking ging woensdag de straat op om te protesteren tegen de plannen van de regering.

my short version

greece to buy 400 abrahm tanks 3,2 mil. a pece

and here is the clue :: the bill is on countrys that that always controlled there debt

i know this last statement will get me beef , but maby thats just what im looking fot

PLZ share your thoughts and gp EZ on me muhhahaha

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Im sorry i cant really give an opinion on what you just said, im really tired after a horrible 8 hour shift in work, but, welcome to the site.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
As a fellow Dutchman living in Australia let me help out with this one.

ATHENS- The Greek army is set to purchase 400 M1A1 Abram Tanks from the US militairy at a cost which is set to run into a few hundreds of millions, according to the Greek Trade magazine of Hellinic Defence & Technology, as reported by the Dutch RTL News .
The exact costs are unknown, however, the known fact is that each tank has a value of 3,3 million. The US Gov't is set to approve the deal. As Greece is about to go broke and the country has to tighten its belt, it is a remarkable decision. On wednesday, Greek citizens took to the streets to protest against the plans.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssCrust

very cool , thanks for the translation

btw have you been a long time ausie or did you emigrate just lately

i know plenty of dutch think about that kinda steps , and if i could no doubt i would

only my hart belongs to canada

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssCrust

Emigrated when I was 20, lived in Aus for 40 years. Lived in NL again from 2000-2006.
Glad to live here in Brisbane. Summer 10 months a year. fresh air. Qld state slogan is: Queensland, beautiful one day, perfect the next. Just about right about that.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hello!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Gads man! No wonder you've got eye problems! Your avatar broke mine! What colors! OUCH!

I hope you enjoy your stay.

peace

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I wish the emergency fund meant for Greece was used to buy out the banks out of Greece investments. After that let Greece go bankrupt. This seems not possible anymore. Big french/belgian/german banks will fall too when Greece falls.

Monetary-wise Greece is a black hole.

PS. Also dutch

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Welcome!

top topics

join