It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Sea Scroll Prophecies - The start of the last war is outlined.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I was recently intrigued by something I read in a new book I got from Amazon. I would love to hear commentary on this from others. How does this fit in with Revelation in your opinion? Has anyone else studied these texts?

The following is a 2000 year old prophecy of the starting point for the end time war in the last days. This is interesting as it does not come from the Bible, but from the Dead Sea Scrolls. I recently received a copy of the complete DDS texts and noticed this in the document. If you get a chance, read this excerpt that relates to what is outlined below. The Character and fate of Humankind - Note to the Instructor

For the purposes of identification, Edom, Moab, the sons of Ammon and the Amalekites are Present day Aarabs, Palestinians, Jordanians and Assyrians. I originally found this in my dead sea scrolls book and then traced it down on the internet here. LINK There are many references to the "Sons of Light" in various texts from the DSS who free the world from darkness. There is one in particular that describes two spirits at work in the world. One is the Holy Spirit and the other is the Spirit of Darkness (Linked above). One is required against the other for there to be free will according to various parts of one text I read. The text of the sectarian covenant states that two individuals will arise in Israel. One will instruct and the other will defend Israel in war. The following document is for the instructor. Essentially, the documents mentioned are a preparation guide for the end days when three aspects of society are engaged in perversity. From my perspective, the hint to this being our day is that the balance of free will is said to tip toward the perverse.

The key idea to this appears in this quote form Sectarian Charter. "In His mysterious insight and glorious wisdom, God has countenanced an era in which perversity triumphs, but at the time appointed for visitation, He shall destroy such forever. Then shall truth come forth in victory upon the earth."

In another section, it mentions that the two spirits of darkness and light are evenly matched by influence. Free will is then set in place so man has a choice. It states that there is a time near the end when the dark spirit is given more power and then destroyed utterly. The quote above alludes to the same idea.

The three aspects of this perverse time are mentioned in "The Damascus Document". They are in order as follows: Fornication, abuse of wealth and defilement of the sanctuary (both the body of man and the refuge of faith). It says, "Who escapes from one will be caught in the next..." Belial, mentioned below, is essentially crown prince of hell and the entities mentioned as gods (little g) who will be destroyed.

Does anyone know who Kittim is? As far as I can see, they are Europeans.

Here is prophetic instructions to the war leader and the instructor.

(1) For the In[structor, the Rule of] the War. The first attack of the Sons of Light shall be undertaken against the forces of the Sons of Darkness, the army of Belial: the troops of Edom, Moab, the sons of Ammon, the [Amalekites],
(2) Philistia, and the troops of the Kittim of Asshur. Supporting them are those who have violated the covenant. The sons of Levi, the sons of Judah, and the sons of Benjamin, those exiled to the wilderness, shall fight against them
(3) with [...] against all their troops, when the exiles of the Sons of Light return from the Wilderness of the Peoples to camp in the Wilderness of Jerusalem. Then after the battle they shall go up from that place
(4) a[nd tile king of; the Kittim [shall enter] into Egypt. In his time he shall go forth with great wrath to do battle against the kings of the north, and in his anger he shall set out to destroy and eliminate the strength of
(5) I[srael. Then the]re shall be a time of salvation for the People of God, and a time of dominion for all the men of His forces, and eternal annihilation for all the forces of Belial. There shall be g[reat] panic [among]
(6) the sons of Japheth, Assyria shall fall with no one to come to his aid, and the supremacy of the Kittim shall cease that wickedness be overcome without a remnant. There shall be no survivors of
(7) [all the Sons of] Darkness.
(8) Then [the Sons of Rig]hteousness shall shine to all ends of the world continuing to shine forth until end of the appointed seasons of darkness. Then at the time appointed by God, His great excellence shall shine for all the times of
(9) e[ternity;] for peace and blessing, glory and joy, and long life for all Sons of Light. On the day when the Kittim fall there shall be a battle and horrible carnage before the God of
(10) Israel, for it is a day appointed by Him from ancient times as a battle of annihilation for the Sons of Darkness. On that day the congregation of the gods and the congregation of men shall engage one another, resulting in great carnage.
(11) The Sons of Light and the forces of Darkness shall fight together to show the strength of God with the roar of a great multitude and the shout of gods and men; a day of disaster. It is a time
(12) of distress fo[r al]l the people who are redeemed by God. In all their afflictions none exists that is like it, hastening to its completion as an eternal redemption. On the day of their battle against the Kittim,
(13) they shall g[o forth for] carnage in battle. In three lots the Sons of Light shall stand firm so as to strike a blow at wickedness, and in three the army of Belial shall strengthen themselves so as to force the retreat of the forces
(14) [of Light. And when the] banners of the infantry cause their hearts to melt, then the strength of God will strengthen the he[arts of the Sons of Light.] In the seventh lot : the great hand of God shall overcome
(15) [Belial and al]l the angels of his dominion, and all the men of [his forces shall be destroyed forever].
The annihilation of the Sons of Darkness and service to God during the war years.
(16) [,...] the holy ones shall shine forth in support of [...] the truth for the annihilation of the Sons of Darkness. Then [...]
(17) [...] a great [r]oar [...] they took hold of the implement[s of war.]

edit on 6-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. This very intriguing to me, as I have been studying for a long time, and I too know that there is a great war coming between the forces of good and evil. From my understanding, Kittim is dirived from chittim, and is Cyprus, but also known as the Romans. If it is indeed the Roman empire, then that would certainly coincide with the most of the other prophecy that the Antichrist would come out of the Revived Roman Empire but I wouldn't exactly lump all Europeans into this group, however because there are some theories that Britain is Ephraim, and the United states is Manasseh.
I did however, find this:Kittim
Like this word?
Bible Dictionary

Kittim definition

(Gen. 10:4). (See CHITTIM.)

Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary
Cite This Source

Encyclopedia Britannica
Encyclopedia
Kittim
principal Phoenician city in Cyprus, situated on the southeast coast near modern Larnaca. The earliest remains at Citium are those of an Aegean colony of the Mycenaean Age (c. 1400-1100 BC). The biblical name Kittim, representing Citium, was also used for Cyprus as a whole. A Phoenician dedication to the god "Baal of Lebanon," found at Citium, suggests that the city may have belonged to Tyre; and an official monument of the Assyrian king Sargon II indicates that Citium was the administrative centre of Cyprus during the Assyrian protectorate (709-c. 668 BC). During the Greek revolts of 499, 386 and following years, and 353 BC, Citium led the side loyal to Persia. It remained an important city even after Alexander the Great conquered Persia. Citium suffered repeatedly from earthquakes, however, and in medieval times its harbour became silted and the population moved to Larnaca

I would also like to direct you to the Key of David, which is a great program, and has a lot of great videos and literature that helps to explain biblical prophecy.
www.thetrumpet.com...
edit on 6-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Fascinating read. S&F for you.

Is the battle described supposed to be the Battle of Armageddon or the War of Gog and Magog?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I have also reads this book (it's from 2005 and there are more recent translations online now).

It seems like a repetition and expansion of the text from Ezekiel pertaining to the Gog-Magog war.

I see from the link that it is from the War scroll. This scroll is online now at dss.collections.imj.org.il..., just for those who need to know.
edit on 6/10/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Fascinating read. S&F for you.

Is the battle described supposed to be the Battle of Armageddon or the War of Gog and Magog?

I assume from the description and the introduction to the chapter in my DSS book that this is the start of the wars that lead to the final battle when the kings of the world come together. The documents in the DDS mostly come from the Jewish remnant that refused the Hellenization of the religious orders in Jerusalem by the Romans. They separated themselves and made up the Jewish Sectarian Association.

The book I have is THIS one.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey Guys, it's the War scroll and I think it corresponds to the battle of Armageddon. I did a research paper on this in graduate school, I have posted it on my website in 5 parts, the part concerning the battle is here.
edit on 10/6/2011 by Bigwhammy because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Hey Guys, it's the War scroll and I think it corresponds to the battle of Armageddon. I did a research paper on this in graduate school, I have posted it on my website in 5 parts, the part concerning the battle is here.
edit on 10/6/2011 by Bigwhammy because: typo

That is an awesome read brother. Can you please link the other 4 parts? I'd really like to read the entire thing.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Really good read! Please post the other four parts!

S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thanks! If you want to read all the parts go to my site and look at the top bar and you will see a tab "eschatology" just pull down and click and I put a page of links to my eschatology writings.
Here is a direct link.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think this is what "Kittim" might be referring to:

"The Kittim (a.k.a. The Chittim) are mentioned among the sons of Javan, son of Japeth, son of Noah (Genesis 10:4). Balaam mentions their ships (Numbers 24:24) and Jeremiah mentions their praiseworthy religious fidelity, despite their gods not being divine (Jeremiah 2:10).

The name Kittim is a plural form of , Kittiy, although this singular doesn't occur in Scriptures. The alternative plural form , Kittiyyiym, occurs in Isaiah 23:12 and Jeremiah 2:10. Both Jones' Dictionary of Old Testament Proper Names and BDB Theological Dictionary note that the gentilicium Kittim applies to the people of Cyprus most specifically, but often generally refers to the coast-lands and islands of the Mediterranean Sea. The name of the Kittim's ancestor, Javan, is the Biblical name for Greece."

Found it here: www.abarim-publications.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I used to live in dhekelia (cyprus) the very area of cyprus the kittim are said to have come from, the club the cessac is now on the silted cove that was their port.
A large british military base is there now, it is 11miles east of larnaca.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Interesting

new topics

top topics

join