I was recently intrigued by something I read in a new book I got from Amazon. I would love to hear commentary on this from others. How does this fit
in with Revelation in your opinion? Has anyone else studied these texts?
The following is a 2000 year old prophecy of the starting point for the end time war in the last days. This is interesting as it does not come from
the Bible, but from the Dead Sea Scrolls. I recently received a copy of the complete DDS texts and noticed this in the document. If you get a
chance, read this excerpt that relates to what is outlined below.
The Character and fate of Humankind - Note to the Instructor
For the purposes of identification, Edom, Moab, the sons of Ammon and the Amalekites are Present day Aarabs, Palestinians, Jordanians and Assyrians.
I originally found this in my dead sea scrolls book and then traced it down on the internet here.
There are many references to the "Sons of Light" in
various texts from the DSS who free the world from darkness. There is one in particular that describes two spirits at work in the world. One is the
Holy Spirit and the other is the Spirit of Darkness (Linked above). One is required against the other for there to be free will according to various
parts of one text I read. The text of the sectarian covenant states that two individuals will arise in Israel. One will instruct and the other will
defend Israel in war. The following document is for the instructor. Essentially, the documents mentioned are a preparation guide for the end days
when three aspects of society are engaged in perversity. From my perspective, the hint to this being our day is that the balance of free will is said
to tip toward the perverse.
The key idea to this appears in this quote form Sectarian Charter. "In His mysterious insight and glorious wisdom, God has countenanced an era in
which perversity triumphs, but at the time appointed for visitation, He shall destroy such forever. Then shall truth come forth in victory upon the
In another section, it mentions that the two spirits of darkness and light are evenly matched by influence. Free will is then set in place so man has
a choice. It states that there is a time near the end when the dark spirit is given more power and then destroyed utterly. The quote above alludes
to the same idea.
The three aspects of this perverse time are mentioned in "The Damascus Document". They are in order as follows: Fornication, abuse of wealth and
defilement of the sanctuary (both the body of man and the refuge of faith). It says, "Who escapes from one will be caught in the next..." Belial,
mentioned below, is essentially crown prince of hell and the entities mentioned as gods (little g) who will be destroyed.
Does anyone know who Kittim is? As far as I can see, they are Europeans.
Here is prophetic instructions to the war leader and the instructor.
(1) For the In[structor, the Rule of] the War. The first attack of the Sons of Light shall be undertaken against the forces of the Sons of Darkness,
the army of Belial: the troops of Edom, Moab, the sons of Ammon, the [Amalekites],
(2) Philistia, and the troops of the Kittim of Asshur. Supporting them are those who have violated the covenant. The sons of Levi, the sons of Judah,
and the sons of Benjamin, those exiled to the wilderness, shall fight against them
(3) with [...] against all their troops, when the exiles of the Sons of Light return from the Wilderness of the Peoples to camp in the Wilderness of
Jerusalem. Then after the battle they shall go up from that place
(4) a[nd tile king of; the Kittim [shall enter] into Egypt. In his time he shall go forth with great wrath to do battle against the kings of the
north, and in his anger he shall set out to destroy and eliminate the strength of
(5) I[srael. Then the]re shall be a time of salvation for the People of God, and a time of dominion for all the men of His forces, and eternal
annihilation for all the forces of Belial. There shall be g[reat] panic [among]
(6) the sons of Japheth, Assyria shall fall with no one to come to his aid, and the supremacy of the Kittim shall cease that wickedness be overcome
without a remnant. There shall be no survivors of
(7) [all the Sons of] Darkness.
(8) Then [the Sons of Rig]hteousness shall shine to all ends of the world continuing to shine forth until end of the appointed seasons of darkness.
Then at the time appointed by God, His great excellence shall shine for all the times of
(9) e[ternity;] for peace and blessing, glory and joy, and long life for all Sons of Light. On the day when the Kittim fall there shall be a battle
and horrible carnage before the God of
(10) Israel, for it is a day appointed by Him from ancient times as a battle of annihilation for the Sons of Darkness. On that day the congregation of
the gods and the congregation of men shall engage one another, resulting in great carnage.
(11) The Sons of Light and the forces of Darkness shall fight together to show the strength of God with the roar of a great multitude and the shout of
gods and men; a day of disaster. It is a time
(12) of distress fo[r al]l the people who are redeemed by God. In all their afflictions none exists that is like it, hastening to its completion as an
eternal redemption. On the day of their battle against the Kittim,
(13) they shall g[o forth for] carnage in battle. In three lots the Sons of Light shall stand firm so as to strike a blow at wickedness, and in three
the army of Belial shall strengthen themselves so as to force the retreat of the forces
(14) [of Light. And when the] banners of the infantry cause their hearts to melt, then the strength of God will strengthen the he[arts of the Sons of
Light.] In the seventh lot : the great hand of God shall overcome
(15) [Belial and al]l the angels of his dominion, and all the men of [his forces shall be destroyed forever].
The annihilation of the Sons of Darkness and service to God during the war years.
(16) [,...] the holy ones shall shine forth in support of [...] the truth for the annihilation of the Sons of Darkness. Then [...]
(17) [...] a great [r]oar [...] they took hold of the implement[s of war.]
edit on 6-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)