It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure (Its not up to the U.S. Government)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The fewer in "the know" the better. Controlling the flow of information would be paramount. These people working on classified projects have a lot to lose. They can lose pensions, retirements,etc. I'm sure someone who publicly leaked classified information would probably never work in the "industry" ever again.

On top of all of that, you'd also be fined, and put in a Federal Prison for a while. Ever see a secrecy agreement? It spells out the consequences pretty well, and yeah, it's certainly enough to make you treat it very seriously. In addition, the psyche evaluation helps to weed out those who may be talkers. Typically, those with family (i.e. more to lose) are preferred over single folks, for these kinds of jobs. (unless an entry level position, and even then, if you want to move up, better have a family). Having a family also grounds you more to an area (less chance of you picking up and moving, etc.).

Violating a secrecy agreement is nothing to treat lightly. Of course, most of them have expiration dates also, so that's where you sometimes get some old guys coming out, or coming out on their deathbeds, when they have little else to fear.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by SplitInfinity

"...The problem with this is that this project is on so many levels and requires a massive workforce of engineers and scientist and physicists...as well as a plethora of people just for transportation and construction...."

Thus, compartmentalization. Private defense contractors have tuned this to a science. It seems very rare that an engineer or scientist actually has knowledge of what the final project is or looks like. You work on this piece, and this piece only. You never see where that part goes or how it fits in the entire picutre. I've read that projects change code names as they progress through certain phases. Again, more compartmentalization. Like at Detachment 3, workers are transported in by bus with no windows, or planes with windows blacked out. You are discouraged from discussing anything with those around you that isn't directly related to what you're working on.

Before a security clearence is awarded, workers are carefully screened. I'm sure interviewers have this down to a science. There is a story about an Area 51 worker interviewed by the CIA. The CIA asked, "Would you like to work at a remote site at a secured location?" The employee answered, "I'll have to ask my wife." The worker never heard from the CIA ever again.

There is a lot of stories coming out by Area51 alumni about the levels of compartmentalization during U2 and SR71 projects. Its pretty interesting and gives insight into how secrets are kept.

The CIA is not the OVERLORD AGENCY when it comes to anything that is E.T. although it plays it's part.

The FBI is STILL PISSED OFF....and this feud started a few days after the Roswell incident between FBI Director...J. Edgar Hoover and USAF General Curtis LeMay....of....BOMB THEM BACK TO THE STONE AGE....fame and the father of SAC.

Compartments....inside of locked drawers....built behind closet walls....2 miles underground. YES....they do a very good job....but the penalties for someone to talk shop....well....it's actually OK if it serves a purpose....if not......you will quickly find yourself the victim of an accident....drowning always seems a good choice. You know....person who spends alot of time in the desert...takes their vaction by a lake or ocean...doesn't spend alot of time in the water....then the next thing you know....Dr. SOANDSO is found drowned.

Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

"The CIA is not the OVERLORD AGENCY when it comes to anything that is E.T. although it plays it's part."

I think we're all well-versed that the CIA is not the worse "big bad wolf" that is out there

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

"The CIA is not the OVERLORD AGENCY when it comes to anything that is E.T. although it plays it's part."

I think we're all well-versed that the CIA is not the worse "big bad wolf" that is out there

Please....I know that this is hard to understand....and it might even make me seem emotional...God Forbid! LOL!....But try not to label these people as BAD....or WORSE. They are just people trying to do something that is off the chart difficult.

If you want to be pissed at someone....be pissed off at every President that made the promise of exposing something that he knew going in....WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. Split Infinity...ps...Bill Clinton was the BIGGEST BSer as far as this. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join