It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Nation 2 - WOW, Lowkey is back with Dead Prez and Samson! media censoring this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm not sure if everyone who dislikes Obama will like this as the rappers are pretty leftist, but a very good song I think. If you're against the current American foreign policy you may like this.

The hook is catchy, i'm sure we can all agree on that

edit on 6-10-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't like Obama's policies, but those rappers are nothing but racist pigs. I guess I'm an "Uncle Tom" in their eyes. What do they want blacks to do? Do they want us all on welfare, shooting drugs, not being responsible for our kids? They seem to have a real problem with any black man or woman who has been successful (outside of the rap world). Those guys are the worst kind of racists on the planet, equal to the Nazis and KKK in every way.

And to think, Hank Williams was yanked from MNF over an analogy. These guys will be championed by the same folks who demonized Mr. Williams.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Wow, how you came to those conclusions is beyond me. I think you missed the entire point of their message. Try again.

On another note, I think I like rap again! Yay!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I don't like Obama's policies, but those rappers are nothing but racist pigs. I guess I'm an "Uncle Tom" in their eyes. What do they want blacks to do? Do they want us all on welfare, shooting drugs, not being responsible for our kids? They seem to have a real problem with any black man or woman who has been successful (outside of the rap world). Those guys are the worst kind of racists on the planet, equal to the Nazis and KKK in every way.

And to think, Hank Williams was yanked from MNF over an analogy. These guys will be championed by the same folks who demonized Mr. Williams.

They're not racist in the least. What about this song makes you think they're racist?

How you reached that conclusion is beyond me. You sound like you have some deep rooted issues.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Some more material from the "racist pigs"

Real racist and hateful
Britain has one of the healthiest, conscious and intelligent hip hop scenes on planet Earth and you've just dismissed 2 of the best as racist because they think Obama is a sell out
I wonder if you are a CIA shill? I always shunned such notions but your post is ridiculous and the 2 ghosts who starred you are cowards
edit on 6-10-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
more racist hatred from British pig rappers

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wow this is a great thread. Thanks for the videos. I don't put so much blame on Obama, but these guys spit plenty of troof.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The whole song dosen't have a single racist reference. Did you even listen to the song?

Anyway, Lowkeys album Soundtrack to the Struggle is coming out on the 16th of October. It will be available for free on the internet which is suprising given the quality hip hop featured on the album.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

The whole song dosen't have a single racist reference. Did you even listen to the song?

Anyway, Lowkeys album Soundtrack to the Struggle is coming out on the 16th of October. It will be available for free on the internet which is suprising given the quality hip hop featured on the album.

Free? How did that decision come about, It was supposed to be sold, wasn't it?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Yes, both physical and digital copies are available for purcahse. However, digital copies of the 26 track long (including 3 skits) album will be avialable for free digital download. The decision was rather simple. Lowkey is a real guy that actually believes in what he recites. Why put a price on what is for everyone right? That is exactly why guys like him get respect in the underground.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Media isnt censoring anyting, Dead Prez has just always been underground...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
Media isnt censoring anyting, Dead Prez has just always been underground...

The video had about 200,000 views in a few days. If any other British hip hop act who wasn't already mainstream had such a hit it would be all over the radio.

Ed Sheeran is a great example, he went from obscurity, one of his videos got some decent Youtube play and he was thrust into the mainstream limelight.

Lowkeys videos constantly get about 500,000 + views on first month of release, but are given underwhelming attention. People like Ghetts and Devlin struggle to get the same and they're backed heavily by the media who play their music all the time on BBC radio and tv stations.

If Lowkey wasn't rapping about what he's rapping about the media would be all over him. It's obvious there's a huge market for his music, but he's being neglected by the media because they don't like what he says.

His album released this week with no PR or media backing(seriously, search his album on Google, no real build up or anything)...

"Soundtrack to the Struggle performed well in the download charts. The album debuted at #8 in the UK, #52 in Canada, #69 in Australia and #79 in the US.[9][10]. On iTunes the album charted in the Hip Hop Album Chart; debuting at #1 in the UK, #3 in Canada, #4 in Australia and #8 in the US. The album charted at #33 in the national UK Albums Chart (compiled by The Official Charts Company) according to the midweek chart of October 19, 2011"

We can all see what's happening here. Anyone else with such a successful album and self-created internet following in the UK would be the talk of the music industry right now. It's censorship and it's blatant. He'll get the odd token play on 1xtra to give an illusion of recognition but that's it

I bet if his songs politically matched up to the establishment they'd play him everyday

new topics

top topics

join