It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Afterlife is a Fact.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Gos save us from people who think they know "stuff" lets face it people you're all just as in the dark on this subject as anyone else, despite what you think. All you have is opinions based on either your own subjective ( hence unprovable) experiences or something you picked up from the culture that surounds you.

Isn't it best just to admit you just don't know what comes after life - any thought you may have on the subject is just that - merely a thought.

Hey thats just my opinion though

I can prove mine, so just because you can't, please refrain from subjecting your ignorance of the Truth upon everyone else!

Ribbit

edit on 8-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: Typo-toad to the rescue!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Gos save us from people who think they know "stuff" lets face it people you're all just as in the dark on this subject as anyone else, despite what you think. All you have is opinions based on either your own subjective ( hence unprovable) experiences or something you picked up from the culture that surounds you.

Isn't it best just to admit you just don't know what comes after life - any thought you may have on the subject is just that - merely a thought.

"All you have is opinions based on either your own subjective (hence unprovable) experiences or something you picked up from the culture that surrounds you." Quote from Hopeforeveryone.

...exactly, and this is just your opinion based on either your own subjective (hence unprovable) experiences you picked up from the culture that surrounds you!

Akushla

Touché!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Oh boy you guys ! you totally fell for that one didn't you.

hehehehe

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
The majority of people who are dead and resuscitated report no experiences, i have a friend who never had any 'experience' also...why is that? probably because there needs to be a very specific mixture of chemicals etc in the brain to make people hallucinate. I will say again, everything that makes a person who they are is memories/experiences that are stored in the brain, lack of oxygen when you die kills the brain and everything that makes a person who they are. Why can people never answer how they expect to go to an afterlife given this fact?
edit on 8-10-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

The majority of people who die and are rescucitated do not report anything! The reports you do get of dying and being rescucitated are a slither of a slice of a tranche of experiences reported, and as such can be labelled quite conveniently as 'anecdotal'.

...on hallucination...
how do you know that you are not hallucinating most of the time? How do you know that your fabled 'specific chemicals' are not making you hallucinate most of the time?...especially when you are posting on a forum site?
How can people who have never had the 'experience' ever have any opinion (that is so cocksure) on an afterlife/death experience which they have never experienced?

The arrogance floors me every time.

Akushla

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Ah so you agree ! Oh the paradox of it all

nice !

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

"All you have is opinions based on either your own subjective (hence unprovable) experiences or something you picked up from the culture that surrounds you." Quote from Hopeforeveryone.

...exactly, and this is just your opinion based on either your own subjective (hence unprovable) experiences you picked up from the culture that surrounds you!

Akushla

Touché!

Ribbit

Cheers brother/sister
Akushla

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

There is of course a difference between believing you've proved something and actually proving it !

Yeah im here to play devils advocate !

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

nice !

Maybe you misunderstood, or I misunderstood you...
I know there is no paradox!

Akushla

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Oh boy you guys ! you totally fell for that one didn't you.

hehehehe

With your nic, I wuz wonder'n wtf?

Glad you cleared that up!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I'm hoping people will one day realise the difference between fact and opinion - untill that day ( never to arrive) i shall have hopeforeveryone

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

There is of course a difference between believing you've proved something and actually proving it !

Yeah im here to play devils advocate !

How can anyone prove something everyone already has a set opinion of?

"You can't teach someone something they already know." - Old Toad Proverb

So no matter what proof is offered up, the chickens won't question it, to realize they've been had.

It's just part of this Construct!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

nice !

Akushla

And Eye kNow there are Infinite Paradoxes.
Thus, it can be said, Everything is a Paradox.

Ribbit

Ps: A good one is the Perfection in Imperfection Paradox, or how about the You're Always Right Paradox?

edit on 8-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Opnions can change, belief can too but its harder. So many declare special or hidden knowledge but when it comes down to it you just have to take their word for it. I used to work as an orderly in a mental hospital - a lot of the people in there were sure they knew stuff too, frankly i can't really see the difference between a what of lot you believer guys say and what i heard in the hospital.

A healthy mind knows it can be wrong and isn't above the idea of admitting it and moving on.

edit - at the end of the day believe whatever makes you happy, and ideally those around you.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I'm hoping people will one day realise the difference between fact and opinion - untill that day ( never to arrive) i shall have hopeforeveryone

Opinion, in essence, is based upon observation (take from that what you will, especially with regards the high priests of science)...
Fact, in essence, is based upon experience (most notably, personal subjective experience)...

The fact that chemicals can and do affect our brains is no indication of an experience which 'knowledgable white-coats' claim is causing hallucinations in an averred 'dead brain'!

Akushla

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Opnions can change, belief can too but its harder. So many declare special or hidden knowledge but when it comes down to it you just have to take their word for it. I used to work as an orderly in a mental hospital - a lot of the people in there were sure they knew stuff too, frankly i can't really see the difference between a what of lot you believer guys say and what i heard in the hospital.

A healthy mind knows it can be wrong and isn't above the idea of admitting it and moving on.

"The best way to never be Wrong is to never be Right." - Old Toad Proverb

What that is about is the solution to the You're Always Right Paradox, which states you MUST always assume you are wrong until you prove yourself wrong and then, and only then, dew you have a chance of being right.

As to your statement above, one should never "move on" without the correct answer, unless it is evasive, then shelf it for the time being, to hit on it repeatedly later, until you dew find the answer.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Here's the thing - i just don't know and I think, but do not know, that nobody else really "knows". If you really did know and could prove it suficiently then well done and i will be the first to become your follower. There may even be a buck or two in it for us !

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

As we live and learn we get exposed to new ideas, we change, things happen, we adapt, move on - not always with the right information but this is a game of survival so if it keeps you alive then on one level it was the correct choice.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

nice !

Akushla

And Eye kNow there are Infinite Paradoxes.
Thus, it can be said, Everything is a Paradox.

Ribbit

Ps: A good one is the Perfection in Imperfection Paradox, or how about the You're Always Right Paradox?

edit on 8-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

Eye have no barrow with right and wrong.
A paradox is an 'entity' which can exist in two states...with this, neither do Eye have a barrow...
Eye think we all knoe that what is being discussed here is subjective, as all learning processes are.
If Eye am privvy, or you are privvy to experiences which present a paradox that confuses those who are not privvy...there will be a paradox.
Eye cannot and will not prove or disprove an experience that presents a paradox brought about by non-experience in the paradoxee.

Akushla

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Here's the thing - i just don't know and I think, but do not know, that nobody else really "knows". If you really did know and could prove it suficiently then well done and i will be the first to become your follower. There may even be a buck or two in it for us !

Ha ha...here's one way...have a near-death/death EXPERIENCE!

That way...is the 'proof'! (for you).

Akushla

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Ha ha...here's one way...have a near-death/death EXPERIENCE!

That way...is the 'proof'! (for you).

Akushla

But what if in a near-death experience, you are shown something that isn't the Truth, so you will continue confuddling the masses?

I'm kNot saying yours was like that, but many have been, like that boy that died and went to heaven, met his dead grandfather, who told him things that he couldn't have known by himself. That was a setup!

This whole thing you call Life is a setup.

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join