It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Aurora epic contrail - Anyone give me some evidence and information please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I caught half a program last night on British TV station 'More 4', the documentary was called "UFO: Secret Evidence", the angle/slant of the documentary was something a bit different, rather than dismiss aliens and say "hey, it's swamp gas", the documentary maker was arguing that the UFO's are military and government experiments, something I've always thought to be true myself.

Moving on, in the documentary the host touched on a secret project called 'Project Aurora', I'd never heard of it myself and Wikipedia says it's viewed as a myth. What interested me was a claim the host made about some satellite/weather imagery he had, which appeared to show, or so he claimed, a contrail from Nevada to the Eurasian border, from memory. He claimed that the imagery was important evidence as it reportedly meant, for some reason, that the aircraft leaving said contrail was travelling at upwards of 8,000 mph

It was late, i'd sunk a few beers and my memory is sketchy. But his 'evidence' and claims regarding these superfast secret crafts jumped out at me.

I wonder if anybody could help trace said image and verify that a)it was a contrail and b)said vehicle was travelling at such speeds

I have tracked down the video so you can help my easier

The image in question is at 7:50. He speaks about Auroras existence as a project in a rather matter of fact way, so I'd be interested if anyone can "drop knowledge" so to speak

For all I know he could just be making up his contrail claim, anyone have any ideas?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The guy in question is a legit researcher. The contrail image is from a weather satellite and not a HOAX, at least not that I know of.

EDIT - The guy in question is Nick Cook.
edit on 6-10-2011 by BIGPoJo because: added his name

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Here is an earlier thread on the subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The problem I've always had with these contrail 'beads' is that I can do math -- and DO do math.

Try this.

Take the supposed pulse frequency of this engine, and the cruising speed, and then calculate the distance the 'puffs' should be apart.

Then look at the photographs, from space or from the ground, and estimate the distance between those puffs.

No matter how I work the problem, I find a discrepancy of about two orders of magnitude or more.

Can anybody help me resolve this?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Project Aurora would not leave a "puff" trail anyway. It supposedly has some other form of propulsion.

The "puff" trails would be from "Pulse Jet" engines. They are in testing phases, and an Intercontinental Super-Sonic flight is supposed to be materializing soon. There is also the ScramJet but it would only pulse as it runs out of fuel, and should cut off at that point.

Aurora should leave no trail whatsoever, unless it comes as a contrail from a wing surface, but surely they have stealth technology to combat that.

Here is a video on Scram Jet testing, I can't watch it from here, I hope it is a good one.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Here is an earlier thread on the subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you, the thread seems almost a replica of mine! although the thread doesn't seem to verify the claims, atleast not to a standard that i'd like

i know such claims will always be a bit fringe but i'd love more in depth information on the weather image in question. Does AusWeatherman still post here? Unfortunately I know people can twist things and misrepresent what's there to paint a picture they want portrayed, i think what I'd like to know given the picture is legit is a) is it really a contrail and b) if it is, how have we reached the conclusion it's travelling at x speed

I know they might be stupid questions but i'm pretty ignorant on satellite imagery and science in general I guess

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The contrail in question has nothing to do with Aurora or pulse jets. Sometimes called donuts-on-a-rope, they are caused by interactions of contrails with wingtip vortices.

In one well-known example of this fact, the Crow Instability causes the vortices to develop symmetric sinusoidal oscillations and eventually to merge and form vortex rings behind the jet. This instability can be triggered by turbulence in the surrounding air or by local variation in air temperature or density, which may itself be the result of the stratification of the atmosphere. When the contrails are visible and strong, it is possible to see the white streaks become wavy and then leave rings floating high in the sky, like smoke rings from a giant cigar.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The contrail in question has nothing to do with Aurora or pulse jets. Sometimes called donuts-on-a-rope, they are caused by interactions of contrails with wingtip vortices.

In one well-known example of this fact, the Crow Instability causes the vortices to develop symmetric sinusoidal oscillations and eventually to merge and form vortex rings behind the jet. This instability can be triggered by turbulence in the surrounding air or by local variation in air temperature or density, which may itself be the result of the stratification of the atmosphere. When the contrails are visible and strong, it is possible to see the white streaks become wavy and then leave rings floating high in the sky, like smoke rings from a giant cigar.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Where did the documentary get his claim for 8,000 MPH from then. He just completely made it up? I was hoping not but from what you're saying it sounds like it

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Where did the documentary get his claim for 8,000 MPH from then.

I have no idea.
I don't know how speed can be calculated from a single image. I would like to see a clear version of the satellite image though.

edit on 10/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oddly enough, today I saw the longest and largest contrail I've ever seen. I'm not sure on the distance, but it had to be 30+ miles away, and I'm not sure on the altitude. But it had to be from something big. It is usually difficult to gage how fast planes are moving because of the distance/altitude (for me anyways) but I could see it forming in real-time...I was watching the trail move past the power lines in the front of me. I thought it was pretty cool. Not sure if it was a big airbus or something.

top topics

join