It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD On Wall Street Bragging "My Little Nightstick's Going To Get A Workout Tonight" (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The male officer on Wall Street in full uniform says to the female officer "My little nightstick's going to get a workout tonight", the female officer responds "I haven't used mine yet" and the male officer responds "I have....... many times". He then proceeds to pull out his metal retractable baton and slam it into the street simulating beating someone.

This is pre-meditated assault is it not?

I fear we are reaching the tipping point, I live in New York and I am very worried that we will soon have many riots and then be reduced to martial law.
edit on 10/6/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: shortened title

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Already posted, Dude... Posted a few times.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

or hes a veteran who has used it many of time on unruly people resisting arrest. in none of the videos ive seen from wall street there hasnt been one case of police brutality

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

You care to provide any links?

I live in NYC and i wasn't aware of this until i read todays newspaper (New York Daily News)

www.nydailynews.com...

ATS search didn't turn up any results either.
edit on 10/6/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by evs490

or hes a veteran who has used it many of time on unruly people resisting arrest. in none of the videos ive seen from wall street there hasnt been one case of police brutality

So how does he know for a fact that he's going to have to beat anyone that night? There isn't even any crowds there yet.

A police officer can go through a whole shift without arresting anyone, how does he KNOW that he's going to beat someone unless he is planning on it.

"The first person to make me mad is getting it" seems more like his mentality.

That is considered first degree assault with a weapon and that is a FELONY.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Now that i listen more carefully he says "My little night stick is going to get a workout tonight HOPEFULLY"

So not only does he anticipate problems but he is actually hoping they occur! If that is not offensive to you what is

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

Next time include a link, or your words are just criticism and it makes it seem like you have no interest in helping the situation to improve.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

i did not hear hopefully the first time around. after watching it again he does say "hopefully"there needs to e done about this officer who has clearly become too power hungry.

had he not said hopefully i would have defended it by saying that they were clearly anticipating some crowds judging by the barricades and then when large groups gather your bound to get some jackasses who need to be taught a lesson.

that not being the case this officers comments are disturbing.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

So how does he know for a fact that he's going to have to beat anyone that night? There isn't even any crowds there yet.

A police officer can go through a whole shift without arresting anyone, how does he KNOW that he's going to beat someone unless he is planning on it.

"The first person to make me mad is getting it" seems more like his mentality.

That is considered first degree assault with a weapon and that is a FELONY.

While I'm no lawyer (nor anything close) and therefore can't comment on whether or not this counts legally as pre-meditation, or a felony, it's certainly clear that what you say is true: before the protestors even show up, he has planned in advance, while being filmed on camera, to beat innocent, peaceful protestors with his baton.

It's disgusting behavior, but it isn't surprising. The police force deliberately hires thugs with a gang mentality, for just this very reason; when JPM pays over $4 MILLION dollars to the NYPD in protection money, they don't want someone concerned with concepts like right and wrong, legal or illegal, etc. They want a thug who is willing and maybe even eager to give out indiscriminate beatings, macings, and brutality of any kind.

It's very clear which side of this argument is the peaceful side and which side is the violent side. The violent side is the one with all the weapons.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Did you miss the video of the girls being pepper sprayed?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm from the UK so bear with me.

How on earth do US cops pass fitness tests? So many times I see them they're more often than not huge blubbery mountains of lard, and that goes for both women and men.

EDIT

Mind you, I suppose a bullet travels faster than a cop can run.
edit on 6/10/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

sorry to change my mind again but the hopefully at the end doesnt make it as bad. By saying "hopefully" it can implied that he isnt definitely going to use it and that there needs to be a reason for him to use it. Is it right for him to be like that probable not but im sure there is an adreneline rush in subduing an unruly person resisting arrest.

i would like to add that just because he is saying it doesnt mean this is how he truly feels, he is saying it to a female officer and he may be trying to impress her in some twisted way

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I posted that footage in another thread, but I suppose its oks to have its own thread.

Seriously though. That officer needs to be taken to task over his comments. It is obvious he is pre-meditating to assault someone. Looks rather bad for the NYPD. Mind you I really do not think they care.

And before someone says where is the link: Where I posted the Footage:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I'm from the UK so bear with me.

How on earth do US cops pass fitness tests? So many times I see them they're more often than not huge blubbery mountains of lard, and that goes for both women and men.

EDIT

Mind you, I suppose a bullet travels faster than a cop can run.
edit on 6/10/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

I guess making sure a cop is healthy qualifies as discrimination:

New York City police officers are not required to take physical fitness tests, raising concerns that many on the thin blue line aren’t in the “finest” shape to protect the public.

www.amny.com...

They claim because their are so many of them to test the logistics would be impractical.

NYPD officials would not comment, but law enforcement experts said fiscal constraints, the logistics of testing a 35,000-strong force, and discrimination concerns deter mandatory testing. Other city officials and former cops defended the status quo.

I suppose that goes for internal investigations, penalties and weeding out the corrupt ones too. It's just too impractical to have honest capable officers so NYC just lets any psychopathic slob get a badge and a gun.

As far as police agencies go NYPD are notoriously shunned and damned for their behavior and attitudes by departments all over the country. Being an NYC cop is like being a crack dealing human trafficker. All your other crack dealing human traffickers think you're a great guy and the rest of the world just wants you to go away.
edit on 6-10-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by evs490

There is no way to defend this mans actions or words. The NYPD's motto is "Courtesy, Professionalism and Respect".

This man says he hopes his nightstick gets a workout for that evening and he even demonstrates how he intends to use it. He goes on to say he has done this on several occasions.

I can almost guarantee that now that he has been outed that he will be identified and many will come forward as actual victims of his "nightstick workouts".

What if he had his gun in his hand, cocked it and then said "Hopefully my little glock is gonna get a workout tonight" all the while with an eager grin on his face.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by evs490

Can you fix your link it isnt working. Thank you.

The Police no matter which country it is in are guilty off overstepping the mark. The wider public do not believe it until it hits them straight in the face.
edit on 6-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by evs490

I believe this is what you were trying to post:

edit on 10/6/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: fixed link

edit on 10/6/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: 2nd video

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This is just disgusting. Rounding up people cornering them, then blasting them in the face with pepper spray which is painful by the way. It can cause damage to skin and eye's if not flushed out, it can cause problems for people with asthma. This cop went above the law and took into his own hands and caused bodily harm and reckless endangerment to innocent protestors. He should be brought to justice, he should be fired immediately, taken into custody and thrown in jail! That's right the laws of the land will judge you!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

But they who carried out the violence towards the protesters will not face justice. They are being paid by the Elite on wall street to do their dirty work for them.

I do have a question however, If it turns out the NYPD cannot cope with this, what will happen if the mayor of New York orders Troops on the the streets off New York, I am not saying he would but if he did. How would protestors react to this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join