It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you withdraw your money from the bank?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I dont usualy keep much of my money in the banks, when i was a young child my grandfather who lived through the great depression and the bank runs pounded into my head, "Never Ever trust a bank with your money, they will take if they want it", how right is he, i am all to nervious that something like took place in the video at Bank of America not allowing account closures will take place to me. It is also interesting to notice, when i make my withdrawl, because the payroll check has to clear, the teller just seems to have to ask a hundred questions about why am i withdrawing so large an amount at one time,example from today 10-6-11, are you going shopping, are you paying bills, going on a trip, it seemed endless until i got the cash, i just said no to all questions and smiled. This made me think.

What if i were to answer honestly, calmly, and rationaly, Mr. Banker you work for an organization of thieves, highwaymen, and murderers who prey on the fortunes of the hard working men and women of this country like Vultures feeding off the peoples hard earned money through fraudulant interest on your fiat money made from absolutley nothing, and by imposing billions of dollers in fees on your honest customers while laundering hundreds of billions for drug cartells who kill our people with the poison shipped in by your equaly guilty partners in crime the US Government who also take their turn robbing us at every turn. Then when the people are weakest Mr. Banker, you kick them out of their homes, so the bank gets the money already paid mostly interest not princepal of the loan, the money still owed of which they will get some even after bankrupcy, and the home no matter the value to sell to another sucker, ooops, i mean valued customer to restart your vampiric cycle of death and destruction of the American family and way of life. Mr. Banker i will not be a party to your crimes or the crimes of your companions, and i dont believe you will give me what is rightfuly mine when i need it the absolute most, that is the reason for my large withdrawl today Mr. Banker.

Do you think i would get my money or would it become a scene, Thoughts.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Credit Union I keep my money in is in good shape. So I have a good feeling I could go over and pull all my money out if need be.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I did four years ago. I will never go back. When they try to chip us and go to strictly electronic money they will likely kill me, because I will not go for it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If you were to keep your money in a bank,small and local.
Stay away from the big banks.
But,if you can stay out of a bank and be cash only,that's great!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Interesting, I would've asked to speak to the manager.
There is absolutely no reason for the bank to ask you what you're going to do with your money.
It's none of their damn business.
The only thing here in Canada that is a concern is that you have to give the bank 24 hrs notice if you want to withdraw more than $5000

To address your question about keeping money in the bank, I would still do it here at home (Canada).
Our banking system is quite solid, otherwise I'd be worried about keeping a stash of cash anywhere and protecting it.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Konstantinos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well remember the underpaid tellers are clueless. As for keeping all your money in the banks, well even the GOV has advised keeping cash on hand in case of an emergency. Diversify if you can, but use your own inner guide as the real measure of direction right now in these uncertain times.

You did not mention what bank you use, and I assumed you are in the States right?

They had NO right to question you about how you were going to spend your money.

Take care and just pay attention to your highest intuition.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
my gym and local internet service only allow you to pay with auto-withdrawals, thanks to everyone around here being jack-asses and not paying their bills.

so nope, not unless i set up an account somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

I agree it is none of their buisness, this happens all the time to me, all the time, i do withdraw large sums of money at once, because i half to have someone turn the paycheck into fiat cash, and i want it all out at one time because they are criminals and cant be trusted. I have had one try to joke with me about saving it at home, i feel safer having it then them, which leads once again back to your comment, it is none of there dam buisness what i do with my money.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
my gym and local internet service only allow you to pay with auto-withdrawals, thanks to everyone around here being jack-asses and not paying their bills.

You can't auto-pay with a credit card?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konstantinos
Interesting, I would've asked to speak to the manager.
There is absolutely no reason for the bank to ask you what you're going to do with your money.
It's none of their damn business.
The only thing here in Canada that is a concern is that you have to give the bank 24 hrs notice if you want to withdraw more than $5000

To address your question about keeping money in the bank, I would still do it here at home (Canada).
Our banking system is quite solid, otherwise I'd be worried about keeping a stash of cash anywhere and protecting it.
24 hrs notice for $5000 is insane . Why dont they keep monet at the bank . Its really hard to get your own cash from a bank , even with notice .

I tries to get like 25,000 in cash out with notice and they refused and accused me of money laundering all because I wanted cash , not digits on a screen .

They made excuses like I maybe robbed . Only if they have a thug waiting for me outside will I be robbed .

And their refusal to hand over my money is robbery . I got a bank check and they lost my business forever

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Next time just tell them that you need it for pocket-cash, they can't argue with you.

BTW, love your Socratic signature!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Wow, they refused to give you your own money??? That's crazy!

Never heard of such a case here, and I know people who withdrew enough cash to fill a couple of briefcases.
BTW you could have a legal case if your bank is accusing you of a crime.
Tell them to call the cops if they think you're money-laundering (if you're not that is LOL)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
My wife and I had some real trouble with Chase earlier this year. We closed our accounts with Chase. Certainly one of the most evil of the big banks. Due to some bills we need to keep an account so we went to a smaller bank and had her check direct deposited in the new account. I take my paycheck to the bank of issue and cash it. We keep a minimum in the bank and use cash for nearly every thing we buy or have to pay for.

Banks are evil plain and simple. The whole Federal Reserve system is a huge criminal enterprise determined to spread the wealth of the masses around the world and making a very small percentage very very wealthy in the process. Demand of your elected officials to call for an audit of the Federal Reserve! Stop them from draining our countries wealth!

link   
About a year and a half ago we dropped Bank of America. Even then it was quite a task. Tons of questions. We actually moved to another state and BOA isn't available here (about 4 hours away). We were NOT allowed to close the account over the phone. We had to make a trip into the other state to go close it.

Now, we bank with a tiny local bank. They ask all the same questions. I've simply grown accustomed to just telling them I've got bills to pay. That part is true :-) I just take the cash and make money orders as I don't trust the banks enough to leave more than $100 in my account at any given time. I've made arrangements with those that I pay bills to.

And I've mentioned my feelings to the tellers, cause, well, I'm pretty friendly and like to chat. When they ask why I just 'cash' my checks instead of depositing I simply tell them I don't trust the bank as far as I could throw it. And considering the size....

If I were you, I'd just drop it all together. I was keeping it for online purchases, but now you can buy a prepaid card to use for such things. :-)

Hide it under your bed in a shoebox. It may not make interest, but it won't disappear (unless you tell where it's at
)

Oh! And I bet the tellers are now TOLD to ask all of those questions. I know it's happening in other businesses.

Namaste ya'all!

link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim

Time for a different gym and "borrowed internet". I joined the city rec department's gym. $90 for a year. Cash was fine to them.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm all for keeping your money at home. Personally I don't keep much in my credit union just a few dollars to keep the Netflix going...anecdotally a friend of mine that kept all her cash at home decided that she wanted to purchase a small condo. When it came time, she presented the seller's agent with thirteen thousand dollars in cash for the down payment. Well, the bank issuing the loan demanded to know where she got that money. It seems there is a little thing called the Patriot Act. Guess what? She couldn't qualify for the loan because 13,000 in cold hard cash was an unacceptable form of payment. She was told to deposit that money into the bank then she could qualify for the loan. Well as it turns out she wasn't able to withdraw one cent of that money for three months. She couldn't access her own money that she had saved for years. Needless to say after ninety days she took out every last cent of that 13.000 dollars and it is once again hidden away. She decided to rent.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
took all my money out (well pittance really in the scheme of things) keep a float in the bank still , but now have big safe that cant be run off with lol. Kind of think things are going to progress with the banks over the coming weeks/months, this is why i removed from there before everyone starts doing the same, i am thinking of using a good credit union instead, but dunno how much better the yare, i have too look into them also.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I dumped my account and moved to a small local bank. It turned out this small local bank was owned by the bank I left. They are all in a sort of monopoly together, all of them.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
That's why the best bank is no bank at all imo.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

I always thought you could just get your cash from the bank with notice . And I made it easier by asking for it in parts . Yeah you are right I should have asked the young guy again . :" Are you accusing me off money laundering ?" made him repeat it and then sued the bank .
They lived of my money for long enough , they were not happy when I wanted it back .

I think it would be a wise thing to have recording devices on phones when dealing with agencies , banks etc .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join