It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shakira Named to Presidential Education Advisory Council

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Shakira and the Obama Administration have announced that she will be a member of the President's Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for Hispanics. Read more celebrity gossip at: www.thehollywoodgossip.com...

www.thehollywoodgossip.com...

You cant make this stuff up i swear here comes Shakira and Obama use her to pander for the hispanic votes ok so mr predisent it where are the others?

There are lots of different nationalities in this country so why only the hispanics? pandering for more votes? yeah pretty much so.

the obama adminstation the whose who of celebrities not a one with any real qualifications.

have to say this is a worthless move by the current potus with one goal to get the hispanic vote because that dude has been loosing support left and right and in between.

what say you ats?

edit on 6-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Out of all the Hispanics this POTUS had to choose was her? No offense, but I HIGHLY doubt that she's qualified for the job unless I'm missing something here. Also, is she even a U.S. citizen? Really I'm not sure if she is. If so, then I apologize. I will stay by statement until somebody proves to me that she qualifies for such a high position.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Shakira needs to stick to the media industry

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Didn't he also get advice from Lady GaGa about some social issue
a month ago? Something about bullying I think? The 2012 elections
can't get here fast enough.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me!
Looks like he is getting a bit desperate.
The problem is, there will be people who think he is great for doing this.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
She's pretty hot so I'll give kudos for that, best decision that clown has made in 3 years.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jpaul

You mean like Ronald Reagan?
Or Arnold Schwarzenegger?
California is (or, at least used to be) the 6th largest economy in the world. An Austrian bodybuilder somehow managed to bankrupt it.
A public raised on screen idols, with the collective attention span of a particularly ill gnat, is unlikely to choose a leader with a proven track record when instead they can have their favourite star. For the next 15 minutes, anyway.
But who cares when those nice political parties spend millions of dollars just on the fireworks show at rallies? Pretty lights, pretty lights....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
[color=#F20022]S[color=#f4241e]H[color=#f6471a]A[color=#f86b16]K[color=#f98f12]I[color=#fbb30e]RA [color=#fdd60a]S[color=#fbb30e]H[color=#f98f12]A[color=#f86b16]K[color=#f6471a]I[color=#f4241e]RA

Her Hips Don't Lie....They Don't.

So you must trust what she says

I am OutKast Searcher...and I approve this message

Anyway...I don't see the problem...getting someone who can relate to a demographic...that is politics 101. That is what they use Palin for...to talk to all the white folks.
edit on 6-10-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Qualifications? She's perfectly qualified for what she will be doing. Campaign for Obama. Make a few commercials, pose for a few posters and maybe do a music video that gets played in the schools. Get some free publicity, sell more albums. Pure propaganda. Then she gets to go on the talk shows and say how awful the education system is to Hispanic children and how she's trying to fight that by "giving back". I used to be a fan, not anymore.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Shakira is Columbian you know....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This has to be a sick joke.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KySc5
reply to post by neo96

Out of all the Hispanics this POTUS had to choose was her? No offense, but I HIGHLY doubt that she's qualified for the job unless I'm missing something here. Also, is she even a U.S. citizen? Really I'm not sure if she is. If so, then I apologize. I will stay by statement until somebody proves to me that she qualifies for such a high position.

From wiki:

wiki - shakira

Shakira was born on February 2, 1977 in Barranquilla, Colombia. She is the only child of Nidia Ripoll and William Mebarak Chadid and is of Lebanese (Arab), Macedonian,[20][21][22] Spanish (Catalan and Castilian), and Italian descent.[2][23][24][25][26] She has eight older half-siblings from her father's previous marriage.[27] Shakira's father is originally from the United States, born in New York, at the age of 5 his family moved to Sincelejo from New York then relocated to Barranquilla.

So, although shakira can probably claim to be a U.S. citizen, it's also quite clear that like obama, she was not raised in the U.S. and you see how putting people in high office that have no U.S. roots works out.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

winner winner

chicken dinner

nice spqr

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think for all of you this has more to do with it being Obama and a (D) next to his name then it has to do with Shakira or her position.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
I think for all of you this has more to do with it being Obama and a (D) next to his name then it has to do with Shakira or her position.

Could be true in some small way.

Although it's hard for me to imagine someone with an (R) next to their name scraping the bottom of the pandering barrel to this extent.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Small? I was just checking on you're previous posts and history.. Could be more then small.

Also, i would say the end of you're statement more then proved my point.
edit on 6-10-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
While I may not necessarily support the selection he could've done much worse than Shakira. She has done a lot of philanthropic work with children and education and has even had her own non-profit organization since 1995 devoted to building schools for poor children.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
if I had to pick a latino to serve on my board, I think I'd pick Salma Hayek

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Anyway...I don't see the problem...getting someone who can relate to a demographic...that is politics 101.

Yes, but Obama's not allowed to use Politics 101. Yeah, I know every other president before him has done the same thing, but he's Obama. He is held to a much higher standard. I also approve of your message.

Originally posted by centurion1211
... like obama, she was not raised in the U.S.

You do realize that no matter how much you say that, it's still a lie, right?

And Shakira is perfectly qualified for this job. She actually founded The Barefoot Foundation that has schools in Latin America and she works on educational programs with the World Bank.:

Internationally-renowned artist Shakira and World Bank Group President Robert B. Zoellick will launch Monday a US$300 million joint initiative aimed at expanding development programs for young children in Latin America and the Caribbean.

Source< br />
She's the perfect person for the job, but you haters gotta keep on hatin'.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Selma Hayek. Serve. Board. Nooooo I am soooo not going there. Get myself banned real fast.

Bill Clinton might have, but, I won't.

I'd have to say that the recommendation of Shakira for this post probably came from Obama's "Senior Staff". I'm pretty sure that I know what "Senior Staff". What was Obama's daughter's names again?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join