It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Canadian "Taos Hum"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Interesting article by Linda Howe concerning a new "humming" noise coming from a U.S. Steel facility located on an island bordering Canada.

Audioclips of the purported humming from the Taos, New Mexico recordings of '91, New Zealand '06, and now the Canadian recordings are provided.

I've read up several times on the "Taos Hum" incident and it is truly interesting given the breadth of researchers and attempts to study this phenomena that occurred some 20 years ago.

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dtrock78

an interesting read

On the sound bits, the third recording sound nothing like the first 2, all I could hear was everyday "white noise", but the first 2 were aggravating to listen to, even just for 15 secs..I can't imagine what it would be like to hear that all night long.

Do you know if anyone has investigated the hum of the fans on top of the buildings being carried across the water? I don't know about you but if I have a fan running in my room, it has a distinctive hum that is disturbing til you get use to it. Usually take me about a week of the fan being on everynight to get use to it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The recording of the US Steel plant "hum" is pretty poor quality.

I suggest you look into the Taos Hum some more, THAT is very odd. Simply put, a small desert town started hearing a low frequency humming noise. Not all the people could hear it, but the ones that could (nicknamed the "hearers") experienced symptoms ranging from sleeplessness to paranoia.

Congress sent a team of investigators to study the phenomena in '97 after a public outcry by the town, which garnered national media attention. The results were "inconclusive", yet some of the researchers did witness the humming effect during the study, particularly at night.

The most popular theory points blame at a new (at the time) hi-tech military antennae that went up at the regional military base. It reportedly used some sonar wavelengths to communicate with submarines in the Pacific.

join