It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can deny ignorance, but I prefer to deny stupid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So I've been lurking on this site for a few years now and finally had to sign up to reply to a post, while i was at it, might as well introduce myself. I'm just a young man from St. Louis who doesn't choose to deny ignorance, I prefer to deny stupid. I can't tell you how many threads here that I'd just had to facepalm or close the page because of the stupidity, and its not even the majority of ATS users. Ok I have a feeling i was about to go off on a tangent there. I'll save that for when I make my post count. ATS hits a lot on the head, but more than just ignorance is going on here.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am new as well. Thank you this is very helpful! So far I like what I see here.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyStupid

welcome to ats

please read this tread if you want to see the opposite of stupid
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

I'm sorry i don't take solicitation

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ok I have a feeling i was about to go off on a tangent there. I'll save that for....

The Rant Forum is a beautiful thing.

Oh, and also: Hey Stoopid, Welcome.to ATS.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyStupid
reply to post by UniverSoul

I'm sorry i don't take solicitation

then dont use banks

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

haha I should have spelled it like that

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Isnt it stupid to think that stupiditly is the same as ignorance?

Im not smart enough to know the difference, but thats why i like this site, it fills in the gaps msm and general public seems to carefully avoid

EDIT: oh and welcome to the board!
edit on 6-10-2011 by Biigs because: forgot welcome!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm a former lurker/new member as well, and had to join because I couldn't take yelling at my monitor any longer. My psyche needed to be able to respond to some of this doom & gloom horse# that's being spewed all over.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

No they are two different things. However I would prefer to be around an ignorant person who just doesn't know, than someone who is stupid and believes in ________(fill in the blank, this isn't the thread for it so I won't do it here)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Hit the nail on the head there Anil

I wonder who will actually get that

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ah deny stupid indeed

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No they are two different things. However I would prefer to be around an ignorant person who just doesn't know, than someone who is stupid and believes in ________(fill in the blank, this isn't the thread for it so I won't do it here)

Welcome to ATS

Many claim to have the "truth" on both sides.. as well as many who actually know the truth deny it...because it serves their own agendas to do so.

People who join sites like this just to call out people for being stupid...hopefully have THEIR facts and data , as well as the integrity to prove themselves "not stupid".

I will look forward to your contributions in showing us who the real "stupid" ones are.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
for me, stupid means being ignorant while not caring about it.

Ignorant itself means simply not knowing.

my 2 english pennys

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I left a lot of my views off this thread because its not the place but I guess I can let two slide.

1. Reptiles. A thread with a video that shows Jimmy Johnson's eyes change for a second is not definitive proof. Also the person that made said thread and his biggest supporter both claimed Jimmy Johnson is a lesser known sports commentator. He's won an NCAA title and back to back Superbowl's. Also there are like ten threads with the same video. I could be wrong but I think they were all moved to hoax.

2 Government Shills. Very often have I seen when someone is about to lose an argument in a thread they resort to calling the other person a government agent or something along those lines. If there is one thing I learned from these threads it's that just about everyone on ats works for the government, according to the rest of ats.

I actually really like ats, I come here multiple times a day to read new threads, read reply's to threads I liked, but over the past two years I've been coming here things have gone so downhill with ridiculous bs threads that make the masses ask how high they need to jump. It's time to really step up and challenge these people, and its also time to stop thinking that every little thing that happens is a conspiracy or has some government corruption in it. A leaf can not fall on the ground without people at ats claiming the powers that be were behind it, while behind closed doors so no one would find out about it.

Ok while I'm ranting I have to add one more

3. Sheeple. This one bugs me the most I have to say. By using the word sheeple, you sound like a bigger tool than the people you are calling tools by calling them sheeple.

Anyway I'll have more when my post count is high enough and can go into more detail.
edit on 6-10-2011 by DenyStupid because: words were coming fast and I accidentally put a minor curse word in, edited it out

edit 2: Gabby I would also like to say I don't have the truth, that is why I came here, but there are too many non truths(I won't say lies because the people that post the stuff probably truly believe them) lately
edit on 6-10-2011 by DenyStupid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

hey what's up I am new too, well been visiting for the past year so nice to meet you too.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying what your issues were, and I'm sure you're not the only one who has them..

As for your quest of finding truth.. I hope you achieve it, as well as all of us who are searching for it.

Once again look forward to the contributions you will be making.. in that quest for truth, as well as opinions you may have based on the information you you feel is correct.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well next time you deny stupidity, could you be nice enough to use proper grammar and puncuation to make it a little easier on the eyes to read?? Thanks!

We have too many 5th graders on here already.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Welcome!

new topics

top topics

join