It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain Rips Into Occupy Wall St Protesters, Calls Them "Anti-American"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victor03

Originally posted by Maxmars
As a former board member of a Federal reserve Bank, I would expect no less from Mr. Cain.

And for those of you who may have forgotten... as apparently Mr. Cain has, this country actually did start out just like this... protests and dissent... or doesn't any one remember the revolution... and the economic inequities that gave rise to it?

"The refusal of King George III to allow the colonies to operate an honest money system, which freed the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators was probably the prime cause of the revolution." Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father.

Say, Mr Cain; do you know to whom Benjamin Franklin was referring when he said "money manipulators?" You should .... since you're one of them.

Anyone who equates the American revolution to occupy wall street is an idiot. The revolution\war for independance was not a bunch of leftists, commies, hippies, and union thugs loitering about complaining and crying about rich people in front of tv cameras. George Washington would be absolutely disgusted with that crowd! dont compare apples to beet(nik)s. Cain is spot on the money when he said they need to blame THEMSELVES and that they should be protesting NOBAMA in DC. But, but, but obama told them its the RICH people that are evil... *pssssst* guess what...obama is rich...wall street gave him their biggest campaign donation EVER....and he gave them our tax money in the bailouts.....its not that hard to figure out thr root of the cause...and it starts with "O".

You totally missed his point.

/facepalm

The revolution likely started because basically they added interest to the money supply, which to someone like you might not seem like alot, because we have been living that way and we are used to it.

If you owned every single USD in existence, you would still owe debt to the FED, because $1 does not =$1, with interest its like $1.02. So how do you pay off the interest on all the loans from the money a country prints, without the expansion of goods or services? More loans. Do you see how the system is designed to keep people in a bind?

They knew that back then, they knew that before the FED started and warned about it, now we are "the generation that woke up on the streets with nothing left" as they warned about also

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
He also said (paraphrase here) You don't have a job? You aren't rich? Blame yourself not the banks.

If Self-Reliance is American, these people obviously aren't.

Step out of your Statist bubble and you'll see that Cain has more in common with the people then you do.

God, people are so ignorant.. Blame yourself if you don't have a job or aren't rich? PLEASE tell me you are joking.

I was job-searching this summer and it took me over TWO MONTHS to finally get one, and it's minimum wage.

If you somehow think there's just jobs everywhere to go around, you need a reality check, friend.

As for the getting rich part, well.. We can't all be billionaires now, can we?
Half the businesses someone could start have already BEEN started and are so big that there's no way a small business could even BEGIN to compete with them..

You crazy.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

Totally agree especially right after Obama's speech.He is backed by wall st which makes it funny.The unions jumping in which are democratic makes it suspicious too. I'm thinking after the election the movement might die out,it served its purpose.I hope it doesnt and it finds it own legs and goes after the real culprits.The anit-american thing does that mean home grown terrorists big sis Janet Napolitano is talking about ,hope not.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

The movement is WAY too strong to just die out. The Occupy movements have been spreading literally across the planet. Everyday now a new movement is forming and these movements are becoming larger by the day and their message is becoming clearer, so no I don't believe these movements will ever die out until the demands of protestors worldwide are met

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Radical right meets radical left. Radical right thinks they are always right, so radical left must be radicly wrong.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Perhaps some of you should read about Cain and his humble beginnings. He was born in poverty, you know the condition where most of you think the child should be aborted because their quality of life is going to be horrible. His very existance is a slap in the face to the left, in that it's proof positive that a poor black man raised in the segregated south can actual turn out to be a positive contributor to society. He took advantage of the free public education, and worked to put himself through college, unlike many of the protestors who think we should pay for their college. And as for work? Who can afford to not work for weeks and goof off, unless you still live with your parents?

As he said, if they are pissed about the government And wall streets relationship, they need to protest at the Capitol and white house. Problem is these same individuals were responsible for hope and change 3 years ago, so this is unlikely.

By the way, anyone who doesn't like Herman Cain is just a racist. this is going to be fun

No one is taking anything away from his accomplishments, I admire what he's done although I differ with him ideologically. But his policies and actions would differ very little from Obama's, he would probably put his foot on the gas pedal a little harder. Cain aligns himself with the wrong side here when it concerns the American public.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

He also said (paraphrase here) You don't have a job? You aren't rich? Blame yourself not the banks.

Step out of your Statist bubble and you'll see that Cain has more in common with the people then you do.
I agree with his statement regarding personal accountability,but I still think he's a shill planted to further split up the vote in the next election.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
reply to post by Zippidee

Totally agree especially right after Obama's speech.He is backed by wall st which makes it funny.The unions jumping in which are democratic makes it suspicious too. I'm thinking after the election the movement might die out,it served its purpose.I hope it doesnt and it finds it own legs and goes after the real culprits.The anit-american thing does that mean home grown terrorists big sis Janet Napolitano is talking about ,hope not.

The workers can stay, but the union leaders and the money that comes with them need to stay out of this movement. They are just as corrupt as the government.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Yeah I saw that interview where billionaire cain told everyone its not the banks faults, its not the riches fault, its OUR fault that we don't have any jobs.

And this guy is running for president? Anyone that votes for him should be taken out and Tared & feathered or something else but I can't put the something else on here or the Mods will get po'ed.

its just seems odd that a guy running for president would say stuff like that when he should be sucking up to the people to get every last vote just like all the other folks running for the office of president. You PROMISE the people the world with change etc, etc , etc so you get folks to vote for you. You don't tell folks THERE the cause of all the worlds problems.

Mr Cain just put his own foot in his own a$$, why vote for a guy which makes you feel lousy.

Hes an ameture.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I figure Cain is as crooked a capitalist as they come.

I base that opinion on the fact that I ate at a Godfather's pizza once in Florida, and it TOTALLY SUCKED. Everything about it sucked.

Another time I ate at one on a work trip - and guess what? It sucked too.

It's really hard to mess up pizza. Pizza is cheap and easy to make.
I make my own at home.

Why would I pay him to make sucky pizza and why would I elect him to say more sucky things?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Not everbody lives in the same world ... just like politicians. They all live too far away from reality to be able to understand reality. It´s not only in the US, it´s everywhere, here in Europe as well !

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I'm just currious how anyone can honestly make the statement "You don't have a job? You aren't rich? Blame yourself", and say it with a straight face...

Id like to know what country this person is living in. My wife has been seeking a job in her field for over a year now. She has extremely extensive experience, and had atleast 100 interviews. You want to know the real reason she hasn't gained employment? Its not because she's unqualified...

Its because in her field they've extensively cleaned house for the long term employees so they can hire young blood in at cheaper pay! They would rather train someone with no experience, then pay for someone that knows the field.

This isn't just happening to her, its happening all across the country! If I hadn't had a substantial enough income, it would have been our home taken as well.

Id like to see this person come here to nevada where we have the highest unemployment and highest forclosure rates and tell theses poor people that lost their homes a have gone years now without jobs that its their fault because they're all lazy!

You make me sick...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Ah yes, Cain. What a fine Israeli citizen he is.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Keep in mind that a leaderless protest is easily hijacked. Already the Union organizations who along with the Banks have benefited the most from the bailouts are marching with those ticked off and pretending to have nothing to do with the bailouts.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well, he's right of course, just check my avatar.

*satire*

Sad, but I put this up yesterday knowing someone would come forward and make this claim....only took 1 day.

edit on 7-10-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What typical Republican talk. Make the rich richer and the poor poorer. People like him are the reason AmeriKa is in the state is.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

God, people are so ignorant.. Blame yourself if you don't have a job or aren't rich? PLEASE tell me you are joking.

We are not joking. If not you, who exactly should we blame then for your failure to succeed financially in America? Is it my fault? Is it Obama's fault? Is it Cain's fault? Is it your mommy or daddy's fault? At what point do we decide to take responsibility for our own lives and stop blaming everyone and everything else for our circumstances? If you don't like your situation... change it.

I was job-searching this summer and it took me over TWO MONTHS to finally get one, and it's minimum wage.

So you have a job? Why are you complaining then? Even if it's minimum wage it's a start... Do you know how many wealthy individuals got their start just like that?

If you somehow think there's just jobs everywhere to go around, you need a reality check, friend.
indeed.com - I see over 164,000 jobs in New York City alone, much less the surrounding area or anywhere else in the country. Maybe not enough for every unemployed person out there, but surely enough for the people who stop complaining long enough to get off their butt and aggressively go after one.

Half the businesses someone could start have already BEEN started and are so big that there's no way a small business could even BEGIN to compete with them..
Tell that to the founder of facebook. If you're not born into wealth I think you actually have to try first before you have a chance at getting it. When's the last time you've actually done that? What's really funny about your comment is you don't need to be a billionaire to be happy and secure. You could make $50 or $100k a year and be rich for all intensive purposes. Have a small business, be your own boss, set your own hours, take advantage of lots of tax write offs and enjoy what you do... I see small businesses succeed all the time, though never by someone with a pessimistic attitude like you seem to have. I wonder if there's any connection... nah probly not. We should probly all just get as negative as we can and sit around and complain to anyone who'll listen, waiting and hoping for things to get better in our lives.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by infrared

We are not joking. If not you, who exactly should we blame then for your failure to succeed financially in America? Is it my fault? Is it Obama's fault? Is it Cain's fault? Is it your mommy or daddy's fault? At what point do we decide to take responsibility for our own lives and stop blaming everyone and everything else for our circumstances? If you don't like your situation... change it.

So you have a job? Why are you complaining then? Even if it's minimum wage it's a start... Do you know how many wealthy individuals got their start just like that?

indeed.com - I see over 164,000 jobs in New York City alone, much less the surrounding area or anywhere else in the country. Maybe not enough for every unemployed person out there, but surely enough for the people who stop complaining long enough to get off their butt and aggressively go after one.

Tell that to the founder of facebook. If you're not born into wealth I think you actually have to try first before you have a chance at getting it. When's the last time you've actually done that? What's really funny about your comment is you don't need to be a billionaire to be happy and secure. You could make $50 or $100k a year and be rich for all intensive purposes. Have a small business, be your own boss, set your own hours, take advantage of lots of tax write offs and enjoy what you do... I see small businesses succeed all the time, though never by someone with a pessimistic attitude like you seem to have. I wonder if there's any connection... nah probly not. We should probly all just get as negative as we can and sit around and complain to anyone who'll listen, waiting and hoping for things to get better in our lives.

It cannot be the fault of the unemployed worker, or the person who isnt born rich.
There are clearly two sets of rules.

Did you know that Herman Cain can LEGALLY use insider information to trade stocks?
yep.
So can congressmen, senators, governors... there is NO LAW that stops insider trading if you hold such a position.

Now how the hell is it my fault that I cannot legally use insider information to get filthy rich?
some people just do NOT pay attention.

When there are two sets of rules, the fault of losing doesnt lie with the people who are playing by the rules.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Gosh you guys, I just read an amazingly well researched topic on another forum

you been had

Apparently the "Company that owns Zuccotti "Protester" Park Just got 168 Million Loan Guarantee from Obama." on Sept 23rd 2011.
energy.gov...

I don't know if I am allowed to post the link to the other forum, this is just the tip of the dishonesty Iceberg, along with the busing of kids from college that have no idea why they are there and paid protestors.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Thank You. Could not have said it better. Everytime I hear him speak I feel like thats the man I will be voting for next year. 9/9/9 tax plan, everyone pays.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join