It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: I’m Not Going to Kowtow to the Latino Vote

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Source

He also shrugged off any worries that his message might not appeal to Latino voters who are concerned about immigration reform.

“If you think I need to have a different message for Hispanics than I do for other people, I think that’s unnecessary,” said Paul. “I don’t want to punish anyone who belongs to a special group, and nobody should get special privilege either.”

I am so sick of politicians pandering to groups for votes, it is disgusting. Why should we drive such a wedge between voters, cutting them into groups, during elections? Is the goal so that certain politicians/parties always earn a bloc of votes at election time? If that is the case then it does not sound like a very good strategy towards uniting this country. When you pander to Hispanics you are ignoring Blacks, Whites, Asians, and Indians, when you pander to the rich you lose the middle and working class.

Enough pandering to people whom you chop up into groups so as to create a group vote, why not try and earn the votes of Americans as individuals for a change. When you are campaigning speak about issues facing the whole of America regardless of sex, race, religion, or income, which is how you unite. Do not break us down into convenient little groups so that you can get more votes by creating the group mentality of “I am part of a group so that means I should vote like everyone else”.

There is no such thing as group rights, group freedom, or group anything in this country; it is about individual rights and individual freedom. The government should treat people as individuals not as groups whether that is class, race, religion, etc… It is destructive and divisive.

Thankfully Ron Paul is smart enough to realize that.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
this i love and indeed why should he?

were all americans so why should he have to package and sell himself to select groups within this country and they do call that pandering.

i like some things paul says few issues with some other things but i would seriously vote for the dude
edit on 6-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
racial poker in 3....2....1

second line is a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It is an old tactic named "devide and conquer" they are very good at using it and clearly, it works hence why they use it. It is good too see someone using the type of message that RP is using, i agree with him completely.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ron Paul exemplifies true liberal thought here which recognizes the uniqueness of the individual. True power and purpose lies in the individual not with the state. His philosophy is committed to the ideal of limited government, constitutionalism, rule of law, due process, and liberty of individuals including freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and free markets. As John Lennon said: Power to the people, power to the people right on!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Having a pro-immigration stance is not "pandering" to Hispanics...it's having your own position on an issue.

Ron Paul...well...he's an idiot...which is why he is 5th in the polls.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ah the wise Mr. Paul nails it yet again. If this, along with the vast of things he is trying to do for this country, doesn't convince anyone in the slightest to look into him more than America is already in the hole.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Right, only an idiot would have predicted the economic crisis years before it occured. :shk:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Misoir

Having a pro-immigration stance is not "pandering" to Hispanics...it's having your own position on an issue.

So, idiots won't vote for him. You'll be voting for Obama, right?

Ron is spot on here, as usual. Unscrupulous candidates tailor and change their message to appeal to a certain type of person, usually race. Ron treats them all the same and equally, assuming everyone is smart enough to understand what he has to say.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ron Paul would be the only candidate to make immigration service sensible and be able to accomodate thousands of illegals to register as U.S. citizens. Otherwise there will be just mass chaos, immigrants not deported while Washington works on an "amnesty" program and meanwhile they don't pay taxes and don't get in trouble with the law. And this hurts the working families when states try to enforce their own immigration laws. Ron Paul would be the only one who would care enough to fix the immigration issue.
edit on 6-10-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Whenever there is an amnesty, millions more come. Stop all benefits and jobs and they will self deport.

I'm glad that Ron Paul won't kowtow to the latino vote. They have enough special interest groups!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Right, only an idiot would have predicted the economic crisis years before it occured.

I predicted it back in the 90's, so I must be a genius

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
He is kowtowing 100% for the liberty vote so in reality that includes all races and groups.

Also being against illegal immigration is not being against legal immigration. I am not sure why people always portray anti-illegal immigration as anti-any-immigration at all. It's strange.
edit on 7-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Divide and conquer is right but its the immigrants that are the divide and conquer tool.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This is just another example of integrity, which sets Ron Paul apart from the majority of other politicians. And the sad part is that so many people who support mainstream candidates don't even realize that they are buying into outright lies...Perry comes to mind, among others...Just about everyone who is going to run for president in 2012.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, as the saying goes. "All for one, and one for all!" This is where I can meet Ron Paul half way. He sticks to his guns. I don't think we will ever get anyone as dedicated as him on the political scene ever again. Not mainstream anyways. Star for you. Thanks for sharing this.

top topics

join