It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Marine Infantryman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Infantrymen come in all shapes, shades, weights, sizes, states of sobriety, misery, and confusion. They are sly as a fox, have the nerve of a dope addict, the sincerity of a politician, and the subtlety of Mount St. Helen. They are extremely irresistible, totally irrational, and completely indestructable. An Infantryman is a soldier all his life, even if only for a few years of that life. He is a ...magical creature. You can kick him out of your house but not out of your heart. You can take him off of your mailing list but not off of your mind.

Infantrymen are found everywhere: In love, in battle, in lust, in trouble, in debt, in bars, or behind them. No one can write so seldom yet think so much of you. No one else can get so much enjoyment out of a letter, or clean clothes, or a six pack. An Infantryman is a genius with a deck of cards, a millionaire without a cent, and brave without a grain of sense. HE IS THE PROTECTOR OF AMERICA!

When he wants something, it's usually 30 days leave, music that hurts the ears, a five dollar bill, or a woman he can count on. Girls love them, mothers tolerate them, fathers brag about them, the government pays them, the police watch out for them, and somehow they all work together. You can beat their bodies, but not their minds. You can tame their hearts, but not their souls. They like girls, chow, females, dip, women, alcohol, ladies... and did I say alcohol? And also the opposite sex. Infantrymen dislike small checks, working weekends, answering letters, waking up, maintaining a uniform, and the day before payday. You may as well give in. An Infantryman is your long distance lover. They are steely-eyed, warm-smiling, blank-minded, hyperactive, overreacting, curious, passionate, talented, spontaneous, physically fit, good for nothing bundles of worry... and they will always be there for you, regardless of how long its been since you last talked to them. Most of all a Marine Corps Infantryman will never quit and will nver give up. OORAH and SEMPER FIDELIS. (source unknown)

edit on 6-10-2011 by Gazrok because: Edited by the SPCP (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Paragraphs)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

My Dad was a Marine Corps Officer, it's nice to see some patriotism (at least for our soldiers) still around

Semper Fi

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
america can't even protect itself from some skinny little bankers.

plus it's a nice little speech, but it hardly retracts from the fact that these people murder other people for a living.

it always amazes me. if you met someone in the street who said they killed people, you'd run a million miles and call the police.

why, cause murder is wrong, and we need to protect our community.

when they've murdered someone in a special uniform and been conditioned to believe "it's ok" by the bullies at the top of the food chain, we're supposed to salute and respect?

why cause murder is right and we need to protect our community.

bull# mr han man.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Don't forget brainwashed,murders,tortures..etc every torture pic I've seen has a marines face somewhere.sometimes you can't follow a psychopaths orders just because.I also was an infantrymen in the 25id in the army and i guarantee you that if someone told me to do the kind of things i saw you people do i would refuse and happily go to the brig.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"HE IS THE PROTECTOR OF AMERICA!" If America is the banks and special interest then yes your right they are protectors of America.

The Military has some amazing brainwashing techniques.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

A good friend of mine was a Marine Infantryman, once a Marine always a Marine, Thank you sir for your service.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
While not every war is just, and not every act commited in war is noble, if not for these brave men and women, you would not have the right to say half the things spouted on this site. I hate war, but I love the men and women who gave their lives for my freedom. No....I am not going to argue which wars are just etc.....just saying. They did what they were told. Yes, there are some bad apples who do horrible things, but the majority are not. Don't think for a minute that the "enemy" they fight would hesitate to "murder" them.
edit on 10/6/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

So when we are in combat and we are being shot at, it is considered murder to defend ourselves? What would you do if you were in a situation where killing someone is the only way to survive. Those of us that have the intestinal fortitude to serve our country in the finest military force in the world (yes THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS) are not the ones who decide what wars to fight and where we have to go. Yes there have been some incidents of murder in combat environments but self defense is not murder. Neither is an offensive action on hostile forces who are intent on killing you and dragging you through the streets. If and when this country falls apart, who do you think is going to protect you from outside countries that want to attack at a vulnerable moment? I will tell you who, THE US MARINES, thats who. Let"s see you call us murderers when men with guns are on your street posing a threat to your family. And if your gonna say we will be the bad men on the streets your wrong there too. I garantee you that if the elites try to turn marines on the civilians they will have a massive mutiny on their hands. And remember Marines join to protect American citizens no matter what their opinions are so yes, we will come protect you and your families if the SHTF even if you call us murderers becuase w are Marines. Besides this was not a thread meant for people to bad mouth the military. This was to honor those who sacrifice so much for the weak and weary.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
oh mate, don't get me wrong, i respect them for what they do.

i don't blame the troops, just the freaks behind them, pushing them to kill.

you talk about this threat, and self defence...

against who???

we're on other peoples land, #ing with their families.

let em be, let em get on with their own countries and sort out ours!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
Don't forget brainwashed,murders,tortures..etc every torture pic I've seen has a marines face somewhere.sometimes you can't follow a psychopaths orders just because.I also was an infantrymen in the 25id in the army and i guarantee you that if someone told me to do the kind of things i saw you people do i would refuse and happily go to the brig.

And who was in those famous pictures from Abu Graib? ding ding ding it was the Army. So there ya go ignorance is denied. The reason that you would rather go to the brig than to do your job is probably the same reason that you joined the Army and not the Marines. Not everyone can do what we do. It takes a special breed of MAN to be a Marine. And to call us psychopaths. I have never met a finer group of men than the Marines i served with. Why did you join in the first place if you would rather go to the brig than fight? please don't tell me they got you with the money for college thing?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Trust me, for the most part I feel the same. Just think if we took all the resources (both money and people) that have been put into these wars and used them to fix our homeland. we could all be so much better off. But when we are over in these places that the ruthless elite leaders send us to, we have to do what we can to survive, and that is not murder. Of course most of us don;t want to go fight these wars but most of us come from struggling families and see the military as a way out. I hope that change comes sonn so that the military can once again be a fighting force for the people and not the government.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

DUH!!Tha'ts because you were brainwashed.You really need to get some help if you are proud of what you did.The marines will take anybody who is dumb enough to be brainwashed like YOU.I hope when you meet you maker he is forgiving of animals like you.Ounce a brainwashed marine always a brainwashed marine.I've know several over my years and they are definitely not the sharpest knives in the drawer,that's for sure.They all have the same testosterone induced delusions of grandeur that you seem to have.When i got out of the army.(THANK GOD)I told no one i was in because i was ashamed of the reality of the military of the false patriotism that most of the dummies in our country have of the military and what really goes on there.That's why they get you when you're 18 uneducated and easily susceptible to the brainwashing.I guess if you like being the pit bulls for corporations that put you there and doing their dirty work good for you.Have fun protecting the opium fields you risk you're life for.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35

DUH!!Tha'ts because you were brainwashed.You really need to get some help if you are proud of what you did.The marines will take anybody who is dumb enough to be brainwashed like YOU.I hope you meet you maker he is forgiving of animals like you.Ounce a brainwashed marine always a brainwashed marine.I've know several over my years and they are definitely not the sharpest knives in the drawer,that's for sure.They all have the same testosterone induced delusions of grandeur that you seem to have.When i got out of the army.(THANK GOD)I told no one i was in because i was ashamed of the reality of the military of the false patriotism that most of the dummies in our country have of the military and what really goes on there.That's why they get you when you're 18 uneducated and easily susceptible to the brainwashing.I guess if you like being the pit bulls for corporations that put you there and doing their dirty work good for you.Have fun protecting the opium fields you risk you're life for.

So you are hoping I die? Well that's just not nice. I may not agree with you but i still wish you no harm. Its not my fault that the army instilled no pride in you. As far as us being a bunch of uneducated dumb young kids susecptable to brainwashing your just plain flat out wrong. I didn't join when i was eighteen or just out of high school, and I'm certainly not So when the STHF, who do you think will protect you when you run and hide? The Marines will just as we have since november 10th 1775 As for the marine you say you've known, they must not have been the sharpest knives in the drawer if they were hanging out with you. Marines do not have testosterone induced delusions of grandure, we have over 236 years of pride and honor behind us. Simple as that, so if you want to keep bad mouthing us this is not the thread for that this is to show the ATSers that are veterans that we still and always will be proud of being Marine Corps Infantryman. If you so wish to display your disgust for Marines then I encourage you to start a thread of your own to do just that. Thank You.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You are hilarious.Who exactly are the enemies we are fighting?I don't want you to die my friend.I just want you to wake up and realize you and every other service member,me being one of them was used like a rubber and made to believe we did the right thing.I am proud of you for serving but i want you to know WHO you're serving.I want you to get mad and do something about what is happening in our great country.I apologize for razzing ya.I'm sure you're a great guy.I don't want to argue with you.I really didn't mean the harsh things i was saying i am just pissed off that people continue to buy into the false patriotism and allow 18-24 year old to die for nothing but greed and power..have a good night devil dog

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

I know, I guess i should tell you that I am no longer in as well. I'm actually out with some health problems. I do agree with you that we are being led by fools and these wars should not be continuing. I have never supported the wars. I just don't like people bashing marines thats all. I am very proud of my service but that does not mean I'm proud to fight a war. I'm just glad I made it home alive.'m hoping for a revolution in our own country because i know alot of active duty personell who will quickley side with people like us over the the A-holes in power.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thank you for your service USMC! Very sorry that you are receiving such negative feedback from your post. You have my appreciation and respect!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I hear what you're say-in brother and i agree 100% with what your last post said.We need a reset button in this country very badly but i don't think peaceful protests will accomplish this.If the senators and congressman sent 1 person from their immediate family to do their evil deeds their wouldn't be anymore wars.We can be proud for serving,something most sheeple would never do but i think it gives us a real perspective on the way things really are.If a revolution happens god willing i will fight right beside you till the end.peace

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

THAT is why I respect soldiers, police, and firefighters......as you said, when everyone is running from something terrifying, you guys run TO it. That takes exceptional courage and valor. These guys risk their lives every day.....and many suffer mentally from the trauma of their jobs, only to come home and not be able to get help.That's bad enough, but then they have to deal with coming home to hostile people who don't think the war is legit, and take it out on them personally.Like someone said, blame the government, not the soldier. They just did their job as they were ordered to. Also, many joined the military to get a college education which they would never have gotten otherwise, never expecting to go to war (pre 911)

top topics

join