It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Q&A for Willing Brits--For All Us In Countries Elsewhere....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother

So when Queen Elizabeth dies/stands down, then her first born child, in this case Prince Charles will become King. And so on.

Its not necessarily the first born - more like the first born 'son'. Just so happens in Elizabeth II case her first born was a boy.

I think this is called primogeniture - and its an old an anachronistic British thing, that may or may not be changing in order for the future children of the second in line to the throne (William) to suceed in order of their birth rather than their sex.

Makes sense to me as historically some of our best monarchs have been women. Although Im not a monarchist and have only a passing interest in this sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Alright, another question that I have thought about...the monarchy and the "knighting" process? What are the criteria for becoming a knight? Are there female knight equivalents, and finally, why are some musicians like Elton John and Paul McCartney knighted when others are not (the explanation of the process may provide the answers)?

Speak to me about the ins and outs of knighthood if you please...

<< 1   >>

join