It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£75bn 'Cash' Injection For UK Economy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Flood the streets with paper! That will help.

The Bank of England has voted to extend its programme of quantitative easing (QE), signalling a real fear that the UK is on the brink of a new recession. There had been growing support within the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) for a new round of asset purchases to boost money supply. The nine-man panel decided to extend the QE scheme beyond the current £200bn by another £75bn over the next four months, saying: "Tensions in the world economy threaten the UK recovery."

Hyperinflation here we come...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is another article on hyperinflation written in 2009.
Now it's apt -
TIME TO GET OUT THE WHEELBARROWS? ANOTHER LOOK AT THE WEIMAR HYPERINFLATION

The Caps are not my idea....
I just love that image of a wheelbarrow filled with money equating in value to a loaf of bread.
Those crazy Germans, eh?
edit on 6-10-2011 by Aestheteka because: explanation

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You know I follow the markets and the economy all the time, I am still trying to understand what in the heck the governments of the world think they are doing wasting people's wealth keeping the banksters afloat.

You know eventually its going to come back to bite all these wealth robbers right in their arses.

Is like the markets gamblers has found a way to produce wealth out of thin air and they are having a blast with it, while the nations populations has been buried in debt the gamblers are profiting.

This bailouts are not working the stimulus are not working, you see that every time money is short the market infusions get bigger and bigger.

The madness needs to stop and only the people that has been robbed for generations of their wealth are the only ones to fix the problem.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

No No No, you have got it all wrong, Cameron say's all we need in the world is strong leadership. Come on seriously, Cammers knows best, just listen to him more often and believe, then all will be fine.

Then again, no i think you are probably correct.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What I have yet to find out is that if this is an extension of the previous scheme and the previous scheme only used £150bn of the £200bn available and as this is an extension of the £200bn then in my mind they actually have £125bn to play with, but I don't seem to find a way to confirm this.

Can't say I like this idea as it hasn't seem to work or be in any way helpful so far and can not see this bout of monopoly money being helpful either.
edit on 6/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

If you have been following what is happening in the US you know that these call "infusions, bailouts and stimulus" are only filling out the pockets of the banksters and markets profiteers it has done a darn thing to help whit the nations economies.

The governments are stealing from the people and the nations and they are doing it with no regards to the impact that will have in future generations.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

I like the way Cameron said that we can solve the crisis if people pay off their credit cards....
What sort of credit card would you need to borrow and spend 275 billion quid over a couple of months?

America has the right idea. It's got all of its sheeple peacefully protesting in Wall Street (Blame the bankers!) instead of in Washington. You'd think the Americans would work out it's their government screwing up and screwing them over but I suppose after a decade of X Factor they're ready to believe anything.

History repeats itself and this is no longer a contained recession but a global meltdown. Hyperinflation, mass unemployment... I've said it many times but there can only be one logical outcome to all of this. In some way, the world's governments have got to restructure their countries, cities and types of employment and production. It would require a HUGE depopulation and scorched Earth event (think Dresden bombing in WW2). I'm pretty certain that war has already been arranged by the major players as it benefits all of them. It's just a matter of when.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Who gets the money..? Will they be posting some cash to me.....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Dear most Americans think that is Ok for banksters to own your soul and the government to let them do it because that is Democracy and Capitalism at work

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I wish we could seize the assets of those that are responsible for this mess.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Oh, dear,
you will be pinned with more debt for generations to come.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I like the way Cameron said that we can solve the crisis if people pay off their credit cards..

did he really say that! Does he really think that my credit card is to blame for the world economic crisis....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The governments are stealing from the people and the nations and they are doing it with no regards to the impact that will have in future generations.

Yup, but the politicians don't care about future generations they only care about upcoming elections and as they can buy votes with the stimulus, bailouts, work programs, etc nothing will change.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

You know I am just a regular citizen, tax payer and hard worker, but darn I am fed up with the stupidity that is running and ruining this nation, from political whores to the pimps that buy them off with their interest money.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I don't know if you followed the Danish election but the Danes should be the pin-up for how democracy should work. They started their campaigning 3 1/2 weeks before the elction, had an 87% turn out and in total it cost a few thousand pounds (3 trillion dollars at currrent exchange rate). Obama, Nobel Peace Laureate with thousands of deaths under his belt, bless his soul, has only had a couple of years in office and has already started campaigning for the next election. Years, and billions of dollars wasted, later, and the sheeple will have a new spokesman representing corporate dictatorship. Hooray for democracy!
But at least they get to choose whther the POTUS will wear a red or blue tie, and that's what counts, isn't it? Or an elephant and a donkey. Both stalwart icons of the music hall variety.
At least in Britain they know who really runs the country and it's just polite acceptance that a few old Etonians get to call each other Right Honourable Gentlemen while the real power remains in the hands of one family. Which, oddly enough, America does to (ever wondered why your property deed says 'tenant' on it?)
However, I am of the belief that having a monarchy is much better than the farce of having a faux democracy. The theory being that occasionally a good king is born and that not all are mad. I've thought about this a lot and I will stay with the Royalists when civil war breaks out.
God save the Queen, her heirs and successors! Now, where's my German dictionary?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Thanks, for that post I just have to laugh at the end, it was actually funny.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This was released to the press as a quote -

However there was embarrassment over the change to the text after a draft section on credit cards was given to newspapers and TV last night. The draft of the big speech stated: "The only way out of a debt crisis is to deal with your debts. That means households - all of us - paying off the credit card and store card bills. It means banks getting their books in order."

but it was changed before the speech because it would crash the entire economy if people did what he suggested. Read about the fiasco here -

David Cameron u-turn on credit cards plea

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well things are certainly ramping up with the fear mongering to support the *cough* need for this injection.

Britain could be in the grip of the "most serious financial crisis ever", the governor of the Bank of England has exclusively told Sky News.

Sir Mervyn King said the global and UK economies had been turned on their heads in the past three months alone and said: "The world has changed."

His warning comes after the bank's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) voted to extend its programme of quantitative easing (QE) to boost economic growth.

The move has prompted fresh fears that the UK is on the brink of another recession.
news.sky.com...

Edit: crappy typing skills..
edit on 6/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Who gets the money..? Will they be posting some cash to me.....

Here is the best goddamn idea I have heard for getting the economy back on track..

Let's assume this is a new "cash" injection of £75 billion...For every person in the uk (something like 60 million including children, immigrants etc) that would be £1250 per person.

Now, that would be like a rocket up the arse of the economy, get people spending and the rest falls into place...

Or is it me being too simplistic? (I realise that it would cause inflation, but it's high anyway, so bugger it)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

That was one of the ideas I was talking through with my better half.. she was the one the pointed out that the figure is higher as they had not spent all the £200bn last time..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join