It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Escaped' Genetically Engineered Canola Growing Outside of Established Cultivation Regions Across

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

'Escaped' Genetically Engineered Canola Growing Outside of Established Cultivation Regions Across North Dakota

www.sciencedaily.com

Large, persistent populations of genetically engineered canola 1 have been found outside of cultivation in North Dakota. As genetically engineered crops become increasingly prevalent in the United States, concerns remain about potential ecological side effects.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

These "escaped" plants were found state-wide and accounted for 45% of the total roadside plants sampled.
Furthermore, populations were found to persist from year to year and reach thousands of individuals. The authors also found that the escaped plants could hybridize with each other to create novel combinations of transgenic traits.

Yeah... "it'll never happen" the mega corporations say, "it's of little impact," they say .... "go away!" they say.

Yet clearly, the corporate influence in governance has - as usual - kept them from having to spend any money on making good on their assurances that they were 'in control' of the GM crops.

I wonder now, since these crops are growing on public land.. will Monsanto sue the state... or the country, for infringing on it's "patent?"

The authors argue that their result, more than 10 years after the initial release of genetically engineered canola, "raises questions of whether adequate oversight and monitoring protocols are in place in the U.S. to track the environmental impact of biotech products."

The rest of the article is a "turn that frown upside down" effort to make it sound like this as a good thing. An opportunity to study it in the wild. Or perhaps to "feed more people." As if we were to believe the reason people are hungry in the world is because there isn't enough food.....

Most of us know the truth.... it isn't that there isn't enough food... it's that there isn't enough profit for them.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Like lead in the water line, One day we'll be so sorry we ever tried to do this.

Its frightening to consider what the pollen from these crops is doing to the local environment.

I suppose this is a lesson for us,

-GM

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
you would imagine this would happen on a regular basis.. nature is impossible to contain.
i wish people would stop and think of the long term before doing stuff like this
we seem to have no concept of the day after tomorrow
and its not even humans i worry about, we will probably be extinct before the worst effects take place and the animals will continue to suffer from our ignorance.

i dunno if people are aware of a recent thread that talked about millions of honey bees dying in their masses..this could very well be the cause.
if plants needed a natural insecticide, they would have it
we just cant cut the profit line to thin

edit on 6-10-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I dont get it how can Monsanto sue the state. It should be the otherway round.. The state should be suing monsanto for biopollution....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
Thread already exists here:. www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

no offense haha

Yes, and it's in Breaking News as well.

No offense taken.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Most of us know the truth.... it isn't that there isn't enough food... it's that there isn't enough profit for them.

This is the root cause of 99.999% of the problems on this planet (IMO)... GREED!!!!

Fukashima- Operators tried to "save" the other reactors for no other reason that profit and loss. They cared little about the lasting impact of the epic fail that occured.

Econimic collapse- Do I need to explain? Well ok then, the economic elite controlling the worlds financial strings are not concerned about the general well being of you and I. Unles it is how they can "bleed" us and seperate us from our money to line their pockets.

War on drugs- There is all kinds of Greed surrounding this one. Cartels wanting more money to control the Mexican government. Mexican and I'm sure US officials happily taking any "Unmarked" envolopes that come their way. If you catch my drift.

We as a society are chasing a monitary standard that rewards greed.

I hang my head and weep for my race sometimes.

Thanks for posting this!
Love
Red
edit on 6-10-2011 by redzareptile because: I spilled my coffee!!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I wonder now, since these crops are growing on public land.. will Monsanto sue the state... or the country, for infringing on it's "patent?"

They probably will and I hope they loose--and the whole practice of patenting gene's gets scraped. The GMO industry needs fall.

They cant call it Kentucky Fried Chicken if the meat isnt genetically a chicken...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I deleted that post, sorry. I believe the more news that is spread about this, the better! carry on my friend! lol

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Nature and Technology are one and same. We have it coming. It cannot be stopped. It happened before. It will happen many times again.

It will happen to us too.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We are so screwed!

Just want to say thank you, yet again to our government, for always having our best interest at heart.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Did Michael Crichton write a book about this?... using dinosaurs??? oh yeah.... Jurrasic Park.

... this is scarrier

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by Skyfloating because: wrong thread

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
India is filing a 'Biopiracy' lawsuit against Monsanto for trying to steal India's native eggplant. Other people should do the same because this agriculture tyranny really does need to stop.

new topics

top topics

join