It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major influx in Chemtrails over past few days?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Sky is mostly overcast here now. I do see what I believe is one, to the west of me, near the horizon.

I will keep watching.

Mahree

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by TechUnique

This contradicts the "experts" claims that contrails are more prevalent this time of year. They claim that contrails are less visible during the summer due to atmospheric conditions and they increase during the fall and winter. Well, call me captain obvious but chemtrails are visible year round. They are everywhere all the time no matter the weather. The season has nothing o do with it.

I'm tired of the ATS experts who contradict themselves with untruthful statements that are claimed to be fact in the name of science.

There's a huge difference in contrail prevalence based on where you live. It's somewhat similar to how the rains vary through the year, and from year to year.

In Los Angeles, where I live, there's almost zero rain in the summer. And there's almost zero contrails.

In the north, Washington State, there's rain more consistently year round, there's also more consistently contrails through the year.

The UK has even more even rainfall:

Of course those are averages. In the UK there there have been summers where it did not rain for weeks, and summers where you barely saw the sun. It varies from year to year.

But since contrail formation and persistence is related to the weather, you'd expect to see similar local variations in the amount of contrails, as you do in the amount of rain - both year to year, and between the seasons.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The study of how contrail frequency varies from place to place and season to season is called Contrail Climatology. If you are interested, there are several papers on it:

scholar.google.com...

It's a novel aspect of climatology, because it's based on a human activity - so it combines studying the climate of weather conditions, with the growth of air traffic, and the density of air routes, as well as seasonal variations in air traffic.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oceleste

You know this for a FACT...

Yes, it is a fact.

.... or this is a THEORY....

No, not a "theory".

Because you seem to speak with such authority one would infer you know what is causing them...

Yes, I do.

....with new contrail forecasting algorithms for three aircraft engine categories- non-bypass turbojet, low-bypass turbofan, and high bypass turbofan....

Read all about it.

An engine performing with a higher overall propulsion efficiency causes plume conditions which during mixing reach a higher relative humidity for the same ambient temperature, thus causing contrails also at a higher ambient temperature.

More reading

Another source....this guy: www.jerryesmith.com...

THE HIGH BYPASS TURBOFAN

The first generation of jet engines were used from the 1950s to the 1980s. The current generation began appearing in the early ‘80s and the conversion to them was completed by 1995 or earlier. The first generation jet engines had the appearance of a short cigar with the inlet nozzle and the outlet exhaust nozzles about the same size, about 3 feet in diameter. The new next generation jet looks a bit like a side-ways funnel, with the front nozzle opening about 6 times larger than the exhaust in the back, with a tapered cowling running from the large opening in front to the small one in the back. Inside that cowling, at the front, is the "High Bypass Turbofan." It is like a turbocharger add-on for a car. It pumps in extra air into the jet engine. But most of the air flows around and past the engine, between the engine and the cowling. This maintains a constant sea-level air pressure on the engine – during high thrust takeoff and in the extremely thin air at normal cruise level.

The new generation engines never "starve" for air and thus never dump half-unburned smoky fuel out the back. This increases the efficiency of the engine, produces more power and eliminates all the sooty oily black exhaust. You may remember that in the 1970s there were debates and articles about the problem of the unburned and partially burned hydrocarbons jets were spewing into the atmosphere – and in the 1980s those debates went away – because the unburned and partially burned hydrocarbons went away, thanks to the High Bypass Turbofan.

The primary outcomes of the invention of High Bypass Turbofan was to increase the efficiency of the jet engine – which it did by a huge amount – and to produce persistent contrails, now called "chemtrails." First generation jet engines were less than 20% efficient, and the High Bypass Turbofan made them more than 90% efficient! This means it took significantly less fuel to fly an airliner equipped with the High Bypass Turbofan from point A to B, thus a huge increase in profit for the airlines.

And,

By the mid-1990s all old jets had been upgraded to the new engine configuration and all new planes coming off the assembly line were equipped with the most modern versions. But this new next generation of jet engines had one curious "side effect." They produced contrails that can persist for more than 24 to 36 hours! Condensation trails from first generation jet engines generally only lasted for about 10 or 20 minutes and then they disappeared. But these new "chemtrails" persist all day long – and with 35,000 commercial flights in the US air lanes each day, these new persistent contrails produce numerous crisscrossing, tic-tac-toe patterns all over the sky. So, why do the new contrails now last all day long?

And,

"Chemtrails" is a popular misconception that actually plays into the hands of the military, as all this Chicken Little nonsense has kept the mainstream media from investigating and reporting on the real releases and the real environmental dangers. Sadly, "chemtrail" activists are doing more harm than good. Rather than agitating against "chemtrails" we should be advocating "blue skies." Unfortunately, that might ground the aircraft industry as we know it.

Had enough yet????

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't think Jerry's theory is correct. While it's true that new engines are more likely to produce contrails, the effect is fairly small. Maybe 5-10% more likely, according to Schumann and Busen.

elib.dlr.de...

He also suggests that newer contrails last longer because they are "ultra-clean", and the black condensation nuclei in sooty trails will absorb the sun, and melt the particle. This makes zero sense from a physics point of view. Consider the soot STARTS OUT at 2,000 degrees. It gets blasted out immediately into the sun. If it's being heated by the sun, then why would ice EVER form on it? Also, how is a micron sized spec of carbon supposed to melt an ice crystal from the inside at -40? It's Rense-style science.

Newer engines are a factor in the increase in the frequency contrails. But they did not change the nature of contrails.

Some discussion here:
metabunk.org...
edit on 7-10-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ah.. another complete blanketing of a community, where oddly, absolutely nothing is found in soil, groundwater or air samples. I don't think people fully appreciate the sheer amount of testing that goes on by environmental remediation companies, the results of which are then obtained from more than one and separate sampling agencies.

No one has even been able to answer this. Why don't they find anything?

Answer: Because nothing is being sprayed.

Also it's odd no one can take a several hour film of the planes that would have to be flying back and forth dozens of times to lay these "chemtrails." What a puzzling bit of non-evidence.
edit on 7-10-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I hate the Chemtrail threads

Why?

I hate the fact that people are ready to flame threads such as these because they would hate the fact that their Government would even think about poisoning them.

In my opinion I think the OP pictures show clouds, but I have noticed that after a period of three weeks, the trails have ramped up over my City.

I appreciate that here in the U.K the temperature has dropped significantly, but the trails have remained steady since this drop.

Therefore, using the reasons many de-bunkers use, surely there should be more than usual?

Let's get real, it's happening.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Probably because no evidence exists to support the multitude of theories.

Who needs to get real again?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Things seem to be following a well established pattern.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yep. For the first time last week I saw what looked to me to be chemtrails in the sky over Vancouver, Washington. There was no airshow in the area and I took these photos from my iPhone as I was leaving work. I was looking eastward but these covered the entire sky. It was erie.

edit on 7-10-2011 by tsmitty51 because: Forgot to say what direction I was looking and how much of the sky was covered

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

That's not why I hate it. I hate it because even though many of us admit to the Geo-engineering, and Atmospheric testing, and cloud seeding, and such, the other side refuses to give up on the notion of the long white stripes as anything more than contrails.

100% of the time, without exception, the long white lines, along known jetways are just contrails.

Whatever chem-anything there is, it is invisible, mostly at lower altitude, and not apparent to anyone on the ground.

That is why I hate it. The illogical clinging of the uninformed to the notion that passenger jets are the culprit.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I understand that most of the time contrails are contrails, and its that simple. However, in this case, I'm a private pilot and I know the primary jetways over Portland/Vancouver and there are only a couple regular routes. These parallel lines covered the ENTIRE sky. I've lived in the area 7 years and have never seen anything like what I've shown in the photos.Not saying there is anything evil going on, just saying that this was not normal.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tsmitty51

Contrails drift with the wind. This results in parallel contrails.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good video and interesting. However, I did notice that the contrails in the video widen out as the wind blows them over time. The ones I saw were ALL fairly skinny sized at the same point in time i.e. one was not wider than the other in a sequence. There were approximately 20-25 of these laid across the sky in about 10 degreee increments from the eastern horizon to the western horizion. I'm certainly open to hearing a solid theory on how that effect can occur in the normal course of airline travel (over Portland). Portland, OR isn't exactly a giant metropolis where jets pack the skys from east to west. The prevalent landing and takeoff patterns (runways) at PDX are in the opposite direction.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsmitty51
Good video and interesting. However, I did notice that the contrails in the video widen out as the wind blows them over time. The ones I saw were ALL fairly skinny sized at the same point in time i.e. one was not wider than the other in a sequence. There were approximately 20-25 of these laid across the sky in about 10 degreee increments from the eastern horizon to the western horizion. I'm certainly open to hearing a solid theory on how that effect can occur in the normal course of airline travel (over Portland). Portland, OR isn't exactly a giant metropolis where jets pack the skys from east to west. The prevalent landing and takeoff patterns (runways) at PDX are in the opposite direction.

The degree that contrails widen depends on the wind shear.

Persistent contrail are made up of ice crystals which gradually sink through the air, with large crystals falling quicker, so a contrail would naturally only spread vertically. Upper air often moves faster than lower air (wind shear), so as the contrail spreads vertically, it usually gets spread even more horizontally by the wind.

Contrails come from flyover traffic, not local traffic, so the PDX pattern is irrelevant. Most of the commercial traffic you would see making contrails would be going to/from Seattle and Vancouver (Canada). You'd get quite a lot of that though, several planes an hour.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tsmitty51

Planes in approach and departure patterns are too low to produce contrails. What you are seeing are planes on longer routes, at high altitudes. To and from SEA for example. There are a lot of north-south flights over Portland.
flightaware.com...

Contrails don't always expand at the same rate as the ones in the video.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
attention we are at chem trails idiot level 5 all hands to battle stations - all clouds do all day is dream about murder.
edit on 7-10-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

There were approximately 20-25 of these laid across the sky in about 10 degreee increments from the eastern horizon to the western horizion. I'm certainly open to hearing a solid theory on how that effect can occur in the normal course of airline travel (over Portland). Portland, OR isn't exactly a giant metropolis where jets pack the skys from east to west. The prevalent landing and takeoff patterns (runways) at PDX are in the opposite direction.

But look at your photo:

Yep. For the first time last week I saw what looked to me to be chemtrails in the sky over Vancouver, Washington. There was no airshow in the area and I took these photos from my iPhone as I was leaving work. I was looking eastward but these covered the entire sky. It was erie.

If you are looking east in that photo, then the trails are running north-south, which is the usual direction for flyover traffic in your area (Portland, OR).

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Looks to me like there were 5 airliners flying high in the sky.

Maybe 3 heading north and two heading south. Or maybe vice versa.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The chicago north western suburbs have been inundated with constant trails during this period of extremely warm weather for october. The forecasts have been telling us that it will be cloudless, and they have been until the aircraft start flying across the sky and specifically in front of the sun early morning/late afternoon. I work outside and keep both eyes open on the sky.

R5

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join