It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major influx in Chemtrails over past few days?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I understand exactly what you're saying, OP.

Being as I am retired, I have all day long to watch the skies if I choose. What I have noticed is, they chemtrail out here in advance of weather fronts. I have sat on my porch and watched jets actually spray their chemtrails. Sometimes they spray them in short bursts, and they end up looking like the broken lines sprayed onto a road. Sometimes it is one long spray. I have actually seen a chemtrailing jet do its business, and another jet farther away has no contrail whatsoever.

After an intense spraying, the chemtrails blend together with the incoming clouds and it forms a milky cloud cover. I have the good fortune (or misfortune, depending on your view) of living in an area where fronts come down from the northwest and form over our area, so I get to see a great deal of chemtrailing from jets that I believe originate from AFBs in New Mexico.

Watch your weather, and notice that when weather fronts come through, the chemtrailing will ensue just in front of the low.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

it's not the cold weather they happen just as much in the hot summer days they show even more... a line starts than breaks apart into a spiderweb looking cloud particles night and day

once I saw this black shadowy line in front of the plane like it was being guided other ats members have also seen this

contents have been tested by many they contain barium and aluminum look up health effects on over exposure

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

they spray above the low cloud cover.

Sure, why would you not expect airliners at cruise altitudes to make the contrails, when the conditions up there are suitable? Low clouds, medium height clouds, no clouds.....those have nothing at all to do with contrails...nor with cirrus, which is all that a contrail really is --- a type of cirrus cloud.

"Cirrus Aviaticus", to be precise.

And, some Google Images of cirrus aviaticus.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Facepalm.

How does anybody know if they are chemtrails or contrails from the ground?
Me thinks some have their tinfoil hats on a bit too tight.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Congratulations!! Now, you see the effect....not "cause and effect"....just effect:

Watch your weather, and notice that when weather fronts come through, the chemtrailing will ensue just in front of the low.

The fact that contrails form in "front" of a weather front is what those of us who know and understand meteorology keep saying!! Think of contrails as another form of precursor to clue you in to the fact that weather changes are coming.....

Other indications are there too, even if you don't have a weather forecast handy...you can see the signs, if you know how to "read" clouds. Contrails are another hint.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by answerisquestion

... not the cold weather they happen just as much in the hot summer days ....

If you took some time to study atmosphere science, you'd then learn that above about 25,000 feet altitude the temperature is always, always below the freezing point of water. Despite what the temperature is on the surface. Even in "summer".

I mention 25,000 feet because airliners cruise above that altitude..usually above 30,000.

....once I saw this black shadowy line in front of the plane....

You're right, you said "shadowy"...because, that's what it was...a shadow. The contrail itself can cast a shadow, and this depends on the angle of the Sun compared to where you are seeing it from....and, when there is some moisture in the lower atmosphere, such as on humid days...not uncommon in the summertime......

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

... not the cold weather they happen just as much in the hot summer days ....

If you took some time to study atmosphere science, you'd then learn that above about 25,000 feet altitude the temperature is always, always below the freezing point of water. Despite what the temperature is on the surface. Even in "summer".

I mention 25,000 feet because airliners cruise above that altitude..usually above 30,000.

....once I saw this black shadowy line in front of the plane....

You're right, you said "shadowy"...because, that's what it was...a shadow. The contrail itself can cast a shadow, and this depends on the angle of the Sun compared to where you are seeing it from....and, when there is some moisture in the lower atmosphere, such as on humid days...not uncommon in the summertime......

I was going to mention that about the temp being the same I thought I would wait for your debunk instead it was to point out that the time of seasons have nothing to do with it...

if you took the time to study what is above your head with your own eyes you would see long white trails across the whole horizon being left by planes that break up into cloud cover of small particles day and night like a checker board year round...why are you here trying so hard to debunk what people are realizing all over the planet?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

these were not airliners, they were mostly cessna's and they were not at cruise altitudes they were much lower.

your own link states "cirrus aviaticus" form at altitudes greater than 10000 feet. these were not even a fraction of that altitude, and that would put it out of the usual range for that type of craft.

moreover, your source is a wiki. id be much happier if you could provide a concrete source form say.....pre- 2000.

ive heard that nasa has recently(within the last year or so) expanded their cloud types list dramatically.

thanks in advance.

edit on 6-10-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Trying to educate, not "debunk":

....why are you here trying so hard to debunk what people are realizing all over the planet?

The "long white lines" are contrails formed because of the airplane's passage, at altitude, when there is sufficient moisture to sustain persistence of the contrails.

You realize that the combustion of the jet fuel adds additional moisture, in the form of hot water vapor, into the atmosphere, correct? Every gallon of jet fuel will produce more than one gallon of H2O...It is in vapor form, because it's hot at first as it exits the engine, with the engine exhaust gases.

That vapor then condenses directly into ice crystals, because it's so cold at altitude. It does not go through the intermediate stage of water first, it turns directly to ice. Does not pass 'Go!', does not collect $200.

Sometimes the atmosphere is relatively low in moisture ('relative humidity' is the term used). In those conditions there may be a short-lived contrail formed, but doesn't linger for long. It evaporates (sublimates is the correct term) because the air is so dry. Other times, the RH and temperature are such that no visible contrail will form at all. The water vapor is there, but it diffuses into the surrounding air and never manages to freeze into ice crystals.

Contrails, when you see them persist, are nothing different than other types of cirrus clouds. Again, when conditions are "ripe" in the atmosphere, due to RH values, those contrails can contribute to the additional formation of more and more cirrus clouds...they tend to propagate that way, just as it happens every day in nature....before airplane were invented the clouds were instigated in other ways (and still are, in those regions of the planet where jets rarely fly). All that airplanes do is cause MORE than nature might have made on her own.

It's a by-product of our technology, as are other aspects of Human activity that affect our climate, atmosphere, and weather.

edit on Thu 6 October 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I like the new account by the way

On top of you purposely misreading my post and responding with the same answer, I have also caught a couple contradictions of yours.

First you said:

SO, by September, coming on into October, there is an overall cooling trend, to include often increased moisture in the upper regions, again will vary, and is influenced by weather fronts, low pressure areas and the flows they bring, as moisture is mixed around regionally, or locally. Really, this is better learned in proper meteorology lessons, than here on a web blog/discussion site.

Then to another member in a different post:

It's one or the other. Which one is it?

Is this where you ask me to point out the contradictions in your statements? It's pretty obvious.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We have had an awfull lot of chemtrails being sprayed over southeast michigan lately. We had a perfectly clear blue sky yesterday until the spraying started. it has also been being done in grid like fashion here. Now I watched for hours yesterday and watched the thin streams turn into hazy clouds. I also noticed that not every plane was spraying. I saw many planes leaving long trails and some having trails that dicipated about 10 plane lengths behind the plane. Now that alone should show that it is not atmoshperic related. There was also spraying going on all noght last night. I even saw what i thought was a military jet leading a spraying plane last night but they had too much altitude to tell. And yes people I am very capable of telling aircraft apart due to my military and combat experience. it just seemed stange to me and i have noticed a signifigant increase in chemtrails here lately.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Please read this explanation here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

....it just seemed stange to me and i have noticed a signifigant increase....

Check your weather forecasts, that will give a clue as to why.

Go here: weather.uwyo.edu...

Find the station nearest you. Then read the upper-level atmospheric conditions, those are from weather balloon soundings (radiosonde).

Here, from the "DTX" station, near Detroit, MI (White Lake):

319.0 9065 -40.5 -50.5 33 0.12 341
315.3 9144 -41.2 -51.2 33 0.11 340
300.0 9480 -44.3 -54.3 32 0.08 340
291.0 9682 -46.3 -56.3 31 0.06 344
287.8 9754 -46.8 -56.8 31 0.06 345
253.0 10594 -52.9 -62.9 29 0.03 40

First column is the height, in millibars. (hPa) 300 hPa is approximately 30,000 feet...prime cruising altitudes for airliners.

The column I bolded is the Relative Humidity. Pretty high, perfect for contrails.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Weather forcasts have nothing to do with it when there are multiple planes in the sky and only a pecentage of them are leaving trails if they are flying in the same sky at roughly the same altitude then explain why only some leave trails and some don't please. thank you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Because they are not flying at the same altitude, although atmospheric conditions can, of course, vary at the same altitude - just as it can at sea level. We see this when a contrail forms, then disappears then reforms.

It's not new - it's been known for decades and has been well studied. As you must surely know if you have any genuine interest in the subject?

And please don't tell me that you can tell just by looking whether a distant airliner is flying at 28,500ft or 30,000ft

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Multiple planes in the sky are perfectly normal, especially where you are. Lots of airline flights, every day, and even at night.

www.flightaware.com...

Check it. Here: flightaware.com...

That is centered on the Detroit airport. Use the ICAO airport code, KDTW.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
thats ok, i wouldnt want to tackle the question either.
edit on 6-10-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Both of those quoted snippets of mine in your post are accurate, and are not contradictory.

To clarify: In summer months, Northern hemisphere, it is usually the case that less moisture is present in the upper atmosphere than in other times of year. This is a generalization of course, because when it comes to meteorology we all know it varies a great deal, and there are extreme exceptions on occasion. Note your local TV station's weather news broadcasts when they sometimes will post "today's high", along with an historically recorded date of the "Highest temperature ever", and the "Lowest ever" on that same day, in years past. But, this is of course, local surface weather. Still, upper atmosphere is variable as well.

Since this is really not a place to have a full understanding of the science of meteorology, nit picking isn't worthwhile...not unless one first has a better solid foundation in the science, and then points out an error of omission or commission, which would always be welcomed. Of course, one who already understands the science wouldn't be claiming that "chemtrails" are real in the first place!!

So, back to the quotes....whilst the relative humidity will vary seasonally, and daily, even hourly....what remains a bit more constant is the fact that above 25,000 feet it is cold, all the time. The actual temperature there will vary, but will always be below the freezing point of water. Well below.

The reason for temperature changes at altitude due to season is because of the changing height of the tropopause:

The height of the tropopause depends on the location, notably the latitude, as shown in the figure on the right (which shows annual mean conditions). [color=gold]It also depends on the season ...

And here, can read about it on Wikipedia

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by FissionSurplus

I noticed the same thing here in the Coachella Valley (Ca) two days ago just before a weather front moved through.

It seems after years of watching the skies for chemtrails their not as blatantly spraying where it is readily observable. Now the M.O. seems to be spray in cloud cover to better hide the activity.

Is this due to a developing awareness? It seems so here as activists recently have started newsletters,seminars and networking on the chemtrail issue. With some,I might add,local media exposure.
edit on 10/6/2011 by dezertdog because: add quote

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Out of interest. What would it take for you to accept that what you call chemtrails are just the same thing everyone else has been calling contrails for the past 80 years? And that there it is not a coincidence that you see chemtrails whenever the rest of us, for the past few decades, have been predicting and expecting persistent contrails to occur?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Since I was a child I've been an avid sky watcher.Through the 60's 70's 80's to around the mid 90's I never observed contrails that compare to what chemtrails do to our skies.

No offense,maybe your of an age where you consider what's in our skies to be normal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join