It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micro lie detectors to screen suspicious passengers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is an interesting technology that's being introduced at airports.
A lie detector that can be inserted into a pair of eyeglasses.
It's covert so you wont know your being subjected to a lie detector test.
I can see this being used outside of the airports and being adopted by law enforcement personnel.

WorldTribune
TEL AVIV An Israeli firm has developed a miniature system that can provide unobtrusive lie detector tests for commercial air travelers deemed suspicious.

The system uses a miniature computer chip that can provide voice analysis of those responding to questions from screeners at airports. Executives said the technology which they termed Poly-Layered Voice Analysis, measured voice for such traits as deception, excitement, stress, concentration, hesitation, anger, love and lust.

The chip can be inserted in an eyeglass frame and allow screeners to determine with 98 percent accuracy whether a suspicious traveler has intentions to launch an attack during flight, Middle East Newsline reported.

The new technology has been relayed to the United States for marketing by a New York-based company V Entertainment, which markets a product to allow screeners to process a would-be airline passenger within 30 seconds.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
At $500-$1000, these are going to be as ubiquitous as VCRs. Life will be quite interesting thereafter. Beyond governmental use, look to see these used in the employment, credit and insurance arenas.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I hadn't thought about the insurance industry but it sure sounds likely to be used there.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Dear God, is there no end to this?

OK, this is the appropriate forum for this information, "War on Terrorism" - and hooray, there's now a new "weapon" to defend us all against the threat of terrorism. And so cheap too, this new defence, innit amazing.

How reliable? Who's gonna conduct the oh-so-reliable testing? as if it matters anyway, someone's gonna make a motza outta it. Pardon my cynicism, but the way I see it is that we've all been so bombarded with terrorism threats, that we'll accept anything that's foisted on us.

I'm happy to be disabused of my theory, so I welcome rebuttals.

[edit on 28/8/04 by Bastet]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It may not be foolproof but it's still an interesting technology and may result in some people getting flagged and having their baggage checked a little more stringently after setting off the lie detector, perhaps combined with another suspicious behavior.

Edit, a healthy suspicion of how it will be used or abused is OK but overall, I think this will be a benefit to safety.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bastet
How reliable? Who's gonna conduct the oh-so-reliable testing? as if it matters anyway,

Any reliability above 50% will encourage wide-spread use. Your neighbors, your friends, even the stranger sitting next to you on the subway will likely use the device.

It is almost an inescapable fact that most people secretly desire to have the ability to detect when they are being lied to, even though they themselves would not like others to know when they are telling their own untruths.

The societal implications are enormous, and likely inevitable.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hey, now the public throw on a pair of glasses, and see the lies coming right out of Bush's mouth. What a great invention.

new topics

top topics

join