It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Occupy Wallstreet comes to Vegas!

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Today at 4pm Las Vegas time Occupy Wallstreet will begin its march of the Vegas strip. The march will start at New York New York Casino in front of the 911 memorial/statue of liberty and continue down to Flamingo where they will return to nyny!

This is huge guys! Much like New York, Las Vegas is a major international hub. As long as protests remain civil this has the potential to push this into the global spotlight!

The media blackouts, and attempts to twist the stories are failing. They have tried to blame anonymous, they have tried to blame the unions, and now they try to blame Obama. They have said we are nothing but a group of unorganized children as thousands continue to join in. The truth is this is America speaking up! Race, creed, gender, republican or democrate do not exist in this movement! This is Americans crying out for what they belive is right for America!

If you are in the Las Vegas area, now is your time to shine! Once this movement reaches the global stage there will be no stopping the American people. Please come show your support, and help change this civil protest into a world wide movement!

edit on 6-10-2011 by mutatismutandis because: typos




posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i know its not actually las vegas but they should get the cast of reno 911 out there
would be so funny to see the guy in heaps short shorts dancing infront of the cops trying to act tuff



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis
 


This is a joke. Come on, five or ten people holding a few signs in front of a casino. So were protesting casinos now, great way to muddle the issue(it's not already mixed up and muddled) and no one cares in Las Vegas. Not enough people care enough to actually have a legit protest and the tourists are here to party and get laid so they don't care about a few people on the street.

Las Vegas is way too apathetic and has far too many stupid people to do anything other than outright revolution. We'd probably screw that up also.

We don't really have big bank buildings here so that's not a place to go protest. The casino's are the next obvious thing but I think that's stupid. No one will even care about people on the Strip. I say we do the "next best thing", if there is such a thing, something that might actually have a impact, and occupy our local media outlets. Let them feel some heat, as they are getting little now even though it's pretty much proven they suck donkey gonads. They deserve a large part of the blame for this mess as they have not done their jobs for years.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just found the offical site, here's the link:
occupylasvegas.org

Sounds like the meetup will begin at 3p, the march itself begins at 4p.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony
 


300-500 people have already commited, and that's not including who just decides to show up. If its no big deal and nobody cares, then why has the metro police department already commited 60-80 officers to monitor the march. They also have a potential place for permanent occupation, so this isn't just a one day thing. Let's leave the misinformation to the media please.

I do agree with you though that it should be the media gone after first! But this isn't just about vegas or new york, protests are starting up all across the country. This is a major international hub, we have more sway here then say protesting in idaho or utah.
edit on 6-10-2011 by mutatismutandis because: wasnt done typing!




posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony
 





Las Vegas is way too apathetic and has far too many stupid people to do anything other than outright revolution. We'd probably screw that up also.




ain't that the truth........


and a lot don't speak english either


I think a better site would be the Gold Coast



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Its attitudes like that why things won't change. Atleast these people are attempting to make a difference. Its easy to be an armchair protester along with the rest of the sheeple!



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Vegas?? I'll never figure that one out. Protesting Pawn Shops and Casinos? That's all there is in Vegas nowadays. Probably just hungry folks looking for some free pizza in exchange for a vote down the road.

Vegas



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by mutatismutandis
 


This is a joke. Come on, five or ten people holding a few signs in front of a casino. So were protesting casinos now, great way to muddle the issue(it's not already mixed up and muddled) and no one cares in Las Vegas. Not enough people care enough to actually have a legit protest and the tourists are here to party and get laid so they don't care about a few people on the street.

Las Vegas is way too apathetic and has far too many stupid people to do anything other than outright revolution. We'd probably screw that up also.

We don't really have big bank buildings here so that's not a place to go protest. The casino's are the next obvious thing but I think that's stupid. No one will even care about people on the Strip. I say we do the "next best thing", if there is such a thing, something that might actually have a impact, and occupy our local media outlets. Let them feel some heat, as they are getting little now even though it's pretty much proven they suck donkey gonads. They deserve a large part of the blame for this mess as they have not done their jobs for years.


Don´t worry. Change will catch Lazy Town more sooner than later.
edit on 6-10-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis
 


What do we have here, two million people, give or take? Thousands of unoccupied homes - I've seen them, they are right across the street and it's like that all over town, and we get maybe 500 to go to a casino? Sorry, it just sounds lame to me. We shall have to wait and see, and I don't mean to knock it, it just sounds like it could be done a lot better.

There should be way more pissed off people in this town as it's one of the hardest hit by the collapse happening and that's all we can muster up? If I could I would rather haul my butt to NYC than sit in a town where I have no respect for the people that live here. I've always hated this town and the ignorant fools that live here. 300-500 people to protest, in a town this big, is a travesty and kinda proves my point.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Its attitudes like that why things won't change. Atleast these people are attempting to make a difference. Its easy to be an armchair protester along with the rest of the sheeple!


Don't count me out just yet.....

I live there, and I will be there !

Where will YOU be ?

Maybe you can enlighten us as to just what will be accomplished?

By the way.....Who is fitting the bill?

an old wiseguy once said "he who funds gets to make the profits".

I hear the casinos will be handing out comps too !
The hosts are already approved for overtime !

They Luuuv new customers



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Good luck with that. I'll refrain, for now, but I, and I'd bet others here, would dig updates if possible. Be nice to see what's going down out there.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Seriously,

everybody

be very very careful with all these efforts.

there is big money supporting this.

that should ring some bells in your heads.

the intent is good, BUT...

the big muney mungers are already infiltrating.

as for Vegas,

the "route" is right up their alley....

most of the casinos on the route are owned by MGM and Caesar's.....
The casino cartels are strong .... lots of cash income...billions.

those two outfits alone are owned by the wall street investment banks....
they own the majority of all the stock...public (MGM) and private (Caesar's).

the only "individual" that has any control anymore is Wynn.
He and his family still have enough stock to have a say anymore.

the big casinos have CEO's and high managers, but they have very very little control.
they take orders from wall street.

BE CAREFUL.....the police will be taking orders from the highest bidder today.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Ill be there permited my newborn allows me to be. I'm not affiliated with the movement, just supporting the issues. Check the link, I'm sure they'll keep us up to date. Ill be posting any pics and videos I can manage to get. All those with anything to contribute are welcome.

I know they are attempting to get the owner of a vacant lot near by to allow permanent occupation, but is still in the works from what I'm reading.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh come on people stop being so pessimistic.
At least they are trying.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Seriously,

everybody

be very very careful with all these efforts.

there is big money supporting this.

that should ring some bells in your heads.

the intent is good, BUT...

the big muney mungers are already infiltrating.

as for Vegas,

the "route" is right up their alley....

most of the casinos on the route are owned by MGM and Caesar's.....
The casino cartels are strong .... lots of cash income...billions.

those two outfits alone are owned by the wall street investment banks....
they own the majority of all the stock...public (MGM) and private (Caesar's).

the only "individual" that has any control anymore is Wynn.
He and his family still have enough stock to have a say anymore.

the big casinos have CEO's and high managers, but they have very very little control.
they take orders from wall street.

BE CAREFUL.....the police will be taking orders from the highest bidder today.


Absolutely!
I for one work in the industry, I'm getting are mixed feelings from the casinos. It doesn't sound like they're against, but not directly suporting it either.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis
 


Just be careful

very careful.

I am hearing things from good sources.

The security managers are all on alert.

as usual, they keep quiet until a problem starts.

their bite is bigger than their bark.

all managers are doing what they TOLD to do......they don't own the casinos !

proceed with caution.
edit on Oct-06-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was going to go today and check it out.

Then I realized its better to go to work and make money instead of standing outside with a sign complaining about other people making money.




posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Its sounding like it won't be an issue with the casinos as long as protesters are not coming on properties with masks or signs inside. If that starts happening you can bet there will be trouble. I deffinately urge everyone to remain on the sidewalks and used the public restrooms available there. No sense in giving more reason to crack down on them.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis
 
Come for the riots!

Stay for the hookers!



Where's the next protest? Bahamas?



new topics

top topics



 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join