It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds from sky in Gloucestershire,UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

thanks for the link, actually right now i can see what looks like these so -called HAARP rings, a little too precise for average clouds of rain.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

Kemble/ Cotswold is 5902ft /1800mtrs.

www.handbook.aero...

Is all the military stuff you mention at Fairfield (sorry)
Fairford presently?

edit on 6-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

yeah all coming from fairford at present, locally its known as area 52 hehe

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
How does the sound come in and out of notice? does it occur like the doppler effect? or is it instantaneous

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Have you ever seen war of the worlds? I saw again the other night and noticed the loud noise that was coming from underground. I said to myself I wonder if this is the noise people keep talking about.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Looking at the days and the times that the op posted, it may be plausable to presume that the next occurrence could be on Saturday, late morning to mid afternoon.
. Get ready op with some recording stuff and note weather conditions, temp and wind direction. If it happens great
and we get some evidence to discuss, if it doesn't, it was worth a try!! If it does happen on saturday at least then we can see a patern possibly developing...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

No doppler effect, pitch didnt change in relation to my position and noise didnt appear to be in transit. The noise was very focused from one position, well what it appeared, that is. the only noise that appeared to be doppler effect was the very very deep cyclic infrasound shortly before the aircraft appeared and continued shortly after appearance but dyed down after about a minute, the whole noise thing from sudden very loud to tailing infrasound was about 3.5 minutes.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Unfortunately I've nothing to add to the discussion, but I just wanted to say what an excellent first post, S&F! I've subscribed to the thread and will follow it with interest. I look forward to your future threads.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by InitiumArietis

all noted!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
getting reports of power cuts on facebook in the uk anyone else experiancing a black out ?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

many thanks, nice choice in bands mate!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Fight4YourSoul

this is gonna sound lame, but only heard war of the worlds on vinyl and on my ipod, so havent yet seen the movie.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
ahh its a thunderstorm over the east midlands its knocked the power out for some of derbyshire ... apparently

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

i wish it was a thunder storm! only without the power cuts! as an earlier commenter stated there maybe a pattern to the noises/aircraft appearances and if so isnt naturally occuring. no thunder yet, but looking at the radar on sat24 it should hit us about 2am.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you seen/heard a Vulcan XH588.

From what I can find on Google, they land at Fairford.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

i tell you what mate that is my fav all time military jet seen and heard it many times, but as earlier stated not jet/scram/rocket/prop or laser with ionic envelope field propelled as this doesn't work at low altitude.

also the vulcan was decom'ed yonks ago, the few that are working are privately funded and only appear for air shows

edit on 6-10-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have heard a strange low rumbling sound which sounds like an aircraft, but lasts quite some time, and never any aircraft visible. I live in Cumbria.

I am going to answer your questions from your OP, to the best of my abilities.

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
1.Are you near a highly protected base when you heard these sounds?

There are Army bases nearby, I wouldn't say they are highly protected. Sellafield nuclear re-processing plant however is highly guarded with AA guns, the works.

2.Are you experiencing unusual weather, when the noise can be heard?

No, I have heard it on windy days and calm sunny days.

3.Is it daytime or nighttime when you heard these sounds?

Both

4.Where you heard these sounds, do you have frequent chemtrailing?

Chemtrailing is a hoax, if you are referring to aircraft contrails, then yes, we have them often.

5. HAARP rings?

HAARP is a research program designed to study the ionosphere in an attempt to improve radio signals and research, I don't see how that would make a difference.

6. Do you live near an oil refinery?

No, however my town (like many towns in the North of England) is built on top of miles of old mine shafts.

7. After sound has gone, can you see iridescent trails and cloud disturbances in the sky?

Can't say I have ever noticed, but then it's Cumbria, it's cloudy 90% of the time, lol.

8. Any recent or happening earthquakes?

The was a 4.0+ EQ not that long ago, centered under one of our lakes, first time I ever felt an earthquake, I just thought it was a large truck going by.

9. Do you live near a volcano - active, dormant or extinct?

Yes, Cumbria, like most of the UK, is full of extinct volcanoes.

Hope these answers are of some use.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

quick note on chemtrailing, you can download U.N documents detailing the chemtrailing program including the compounds they use and in what quantities, so no, not a hoax.

also i agree that HAARP is over hyped and probably has a mundane duty, but i have an open mind on what exactly causes these resonant atmospheric rings.

also do you know when you heard the noises as date and time rough location? thanks

edit on 6-10-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: HAARP

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

If the photo I posted earlier was in fact taken today,( and there are more again posted on fightercontrol), surley that would exclude Fairford as a potential source for what you saw and heard?
If indeed it is an aircraft? Photographers seem common place at this base and unless there is a ban on times and visits at which they can be present, surley something would have already come to light regarding flight activity at this base. The other airfield that was mentioned earlier in the thread needs looking at possibly

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

We will just have to agree to disagree on the chemtrailing, TBH, I'm sick to death of discussing it, as I said to one chemtrail fanatic, they believe what they want to believe, and the rest of us will believe the truth.

(That being said, your definition of chemtrailing may differ from the paranoid "they're all trying to kill/control us" type)

The noises happen quite often, I couldn't give you an exact date and time, I don't log them (although next time I might), but the location is pretty much the furthest north west corner of England, about 30 miles from the Scottish border, right on the coast.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join