posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Repeated attempts to make the following claims have all failed:
1. Second Sun
2. New planets
3. Comet and asteroid collisions with Earth
4. Increases in geological processes
5. Ancient 2012 prophecies

This has led some people to stop supporting their favorite pet 2012 claim and have turned to investigating those that provide information about these issues.

A number of people have been described as disinfo agents, or full time 2012 hoax callers, etc.

How many people believe that shills, or whatever are on ATS.
1. Do they exist?
2. Are they employed by ATS?
3. Are they employed by TPTB?
4. Are they from universities, the illuminati, Atlantis, or a combination of the above?
5. What is the rationale for thinking such a person exists?
6. What are their areas of expertise?
7. What other possibilities are there?

Despite the efforts of certain people there are persistent claims and repostings of issues such as:
1. Nibiru
2. Nemesis
3. Tyche
4. Increasing quakes
5. Lens flares, sun dogs, reflections
6. Hopi prophecy
7. Misrepresentations of the Maya

Are the posters unaware of previous discussions and debunkings or are they bravely and valiantly working to make the knowledge known?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
So who are these disinfo agents?

It might be helpful to provide examples of the actions of these agents.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Thank you that important recommendation.

mockrock makes the following claim in this post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If what I believe to be true is so, a site like this would have a number of people working on it on to steer the debates.. I suggest to everyone they search your posts in ATS and what you will find is someone working full-time to debunk 2012. This is more revealing than any information I have been going on about.

Please read the entire post in which he suggests with some interesting reasoning that stereologist and Xcalibur254 are of such a nature.

Many others have been labeled as such in the past.

Did someone ever make a list of the suspected disinfo agents. I have not made such a list and that may or may not be a disappointment.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They are definitely operating on political discussion boards so why not here? There have been a number of people on ATS who have confirmed this in various threads and posts. ↲
And how hard can it be to get a group of 60 guys to monitor sites and spread disinfo? This from a country that has the technology to track you down if you use the words 'Bomb, Bush and Allah' in the same sentance. ↲And lastly, why would a country as paranoid about intell as the US not want to monitor these kinds of boards? Especially the established like ATS, GLP and Infowars.
It would just be poor performance from a country thats supposedly prepared for anything.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Somebody actually did put together a list at one point. There was even a pretty lengthy topic on it. Although I think that was for disinfo agents on ATS in general. Not just 2012.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So, who are these are debunkers? And why are they debunkers, possibly because they don't believe in the same bull# as you? That doesn't make me a debunker, it makes me a person who can hold an argument. Some theories that are presented just don't make any sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

There have been a number of people on ATS who have confirmed this in various threads and posts.

Can you show us anything about the 2012 forum. I am interested in learning how this was confirmed.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Please read the entire post in which he suggests with some interesting reasoning that stereologist and Xcalibur254 are of such a nature.

MooseVernel hates it when people refer to themselves in the third person

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

You don't like descriptive writing? The purpose is to make it clear as to whom is referenced. Avoiding pronouns is helpful when people begin to copy and paste material.

Thanks for the input. I see your reasoning and I provided mine.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Are the posters unaware of previous discussions and debunkings or are they bravely and valiantly working to make the knowledge known?

I can answer this one, at least. Although undoubtedly some people are new here and are unaware how many times certain misunderstandings have been corrected, there are also those who know perfectly well that they are peddling bunkum and go to great efforts to ignore the exposure of their lies. This thread is the classic example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note how the OP becomes increasingly abusive when his distortions are pointed out. The OP went on to collect donations for his "ELEnin Research Team" on another website. Flagrant exploitation.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
This from a country that has the technology to track you down if you use the words 'Bomb, Bush and Allah'

Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah
Bomb, Bush and Allah

... just giving those guys at Langley something to do now ...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I wonder if begging for dollars should be done by Freelance Apocalypse Research Team? The acronym would certainly garner attention. A problem might be that the domain name has been taken.

It is interesting when a thread is provided for evidence for common claims, that people do not want to provide the information they so freely offer in other threads.

Unlike clear and persuasive evidence that Elenin could not come close to the Earth, this thread is asking for opinions. Here opinion matters. The Elenin issues were decidable issues. Is it possible to provide clear evidence of the presence of disinfo agents? No. Can a cloud of suspicion be formed? You bet ... well at least that is the claim spread throughout many threads.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
I wonder if begging for dollars should be done by Freelance Apocalypse Research Team? The acronym would certainly garner attention. A problem might be that the domain name has been taken.

It is interesting when a thread is provided for evidence for common claims, that people do not want to provide the information they so freely offer in other threads.

Unlike clear and persuasive evidence that Elenin could not come close to the Earth, this thread is asking for opinions. Here opinion matters. The Elenin issues were decidable issues. Is it possible to provide clear evidence of the presence of disinfo agents? No. Can a cloud of suspicion be formed? You bet ... well at least that is the claim spread throughout many threads.

So, you're saying that we have to invade Iran?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

interesting information...don't you think????? I found this on the net. Check it out....it is TRUE!!

www.clubconspiracy.com...

I did a trace route on ATS. the Node Name is listed and maintained by the government.

IP Address 213.206.128 213.206.129 213.206.130

Node Name Gov-bb21-lan-14 Gov-bb22-lan-15 Gov-bb23-lan-16

Location Langley, Virginia

MS 60

Network Used whois.nic.mil (for military network information)

It was difficult to get the IP Address, It was spoofed and looped over 9 times. Anyway Langley, Virginia is where the CIA headquarters is.

I'm more than concerned as i recently had my computer trashed while on that site.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Angelicdefender2012 because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-10-2011 by Angelicdefender2012 because: Added the link

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

Um, that goes back to an April Fool's joke that was made on here. SO even made a thread about those claims just so everyone realizes that it was an April Fool's joke.

ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, and Socks: The Definitive Guide

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Here's why....

Luke 21:10-20

10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

12 “But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. 13 And so you will bear testimony to me. 14 But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 15 For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. 17 Everyone will hate you because of me. 18 But not a hair of your head will perish. 19 Stand firm, and you will win life.

20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near."

So, Stereo, everyone's starting to realize that they can't rely on "truth" to come from government or science. Scientists will try to debunk all of their theories, just as you have, and they aren't buying it. They know that ancient civilizations relied more on God than we do, because they had more of a need to. So, when the Bible tells them to be looking for great earthquakes and signs from the heavens, that's exactly what they're going to do. The Bible says that life as we know it will come to an end and their spirits feel it. There is no "logical" or worldly explanation for that. I think the last Bible verse I posted (20) says it all, don't you?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Luke 21:25-27

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ah, the old standby.

When science and the empirical spit in your face, hold up the Bible to stop the splatter.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
Ah, the old standby.

When science and the empirical spit in your face, hold up the Bible to stop the splatter.

I think that works both ways doesn't it? It's not any different the other way around.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

So, Stereo, everyone's starting to realize that they can't rely on "truth" to come from government or science. Scientists will try to debunk all of their theories, just as you have, and they aren't buying it. They know that ancient civilizations relied more on God than we do, because they had more of a need to. So, when the Bible tells them to be looking for great earthquakes and signs from the heavens, that's exactly what they're going to do. The Bible says that life as we know it will come to an end and their spirits feel it. There is no "logical" or worldly explanation for that. I think the last Bible verse I posted (20) says it all, don't you?

This thread is intended to allow people to identify the 2012 disinfo agents and to give some reasoning for that.

For example, here you claim that I debunk all of their theories. Maybe I did or I did not. The issue here is really sorts of theories I debunked, or attacked, or whatever.

As to ancient civilizations and god I believe they were more in tune to gods. Isn't it possible that the religious issues had more to deal with a lack of knowledge of the world rather than anything else. As people learn more they move away from gods controlling the world to gods directing their spirituality and morality. At one point in time there was a simpler dichotomy of the sacred world and the non-sacred or profane world. A wall around the temple or the door to the temple or the rise to an elevated platform formed a barrier between the two.

These verses from one of the gospels of the new testament mentions events that can be detected. Suppose our quest is to detect great earthquakes. Can't we rely on science to do the detection. The same for these other statements of pestilence famine and signs from heaven? To that end I am not sure. The problem is the vagueness of the claims. What is a great sign from heaven? Is it a comet? Is it an impact? Is it an extraordinarily beautiful sunset?

My problem is that the bible is a terrible record of the world as we know it. Starting in genesis there are 2 creation myths. We know they are separate and different since they have the origin of life in different orders. Then there is the flood and today there is only evidence against a global flood. Take exodus. The archaeological record says no exodus in so many ways. With all of these major failures is there any reason to believe what is written by Luke probably 60 or 70 or more years after the death of Jesus?

What I do see in the bible is an important collection of life lessons. These are lessons that are possibly eternal. they apply to us and into the foreseeable future. As far as the history and prophecy go I don't buy into it since the history seems to be wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join