It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Points

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
How many points to buy a black white labelled ATS shirt with the above top secret logo on it ?

50 000 ATS point for a tshirt ! The Decision has been made

it doesnt cost a lot to make them
if we cant buy them with points .. then maybe we could order them with real money
many would buy one im sure

imagine the publicity it would make

that could be one of the best move for ATS
if you made this decision yrs ago
most OWS protesters would wear one right now
and we would see it on the news

i know i have good ideas sometime

if i had a ATS shirt i would proudly wear it in public
edit on 10/7/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Japan will be uninhabitable in 10-20 years

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

I had one of those. White with an alien head on the front.

Good quality and wore it till it became a bit too 'holy'.

Buying one with a few thousand ATS points isn't such a bad idea, imho.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I'd wear one too. Long sleeve black or white. ATS could likely get a rock bands to wear their gear for further promotion toward ad sales.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I got fined 20 points one time and it was like a real blow to my ego. If I had the points to buy an ATS T-shirt I'd have to think about it. If those ATS points are how to rate our coolness then after spending that kind of loot I'd feel like I lost my heat shield on re-entry.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
hell, i'm running on empty!

waiting for a bail out.

i'm too big to fail!!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the right place to ask about ATS points, but I hope so.

If not, obviously the moderators should feel free to do whatever they want with this post.

I kind of knew there was some kind of point system here, but never really paid much attention to it, because to me, the discussions, reading, writing and reacting is more important than accumulation of something 'virtual'.

However, I found out that you can only get to certain forums if you have enough points. So I became curious, and as I never experienced any problems in getting to any forum I wanted, including RATS, I had never needed to know about the point system.

So it seems that I did have the required 3500 (?) points somehow - though I don't know why or how. All I have done is just written and replied. I have only created five (5) threads altogether, and according to the point system, one gets a point for a post, and two points for a reply in a thread.

Now my question is - why do I still have so many points? I just checked (for the first time), and it seems I have over 700 points. If it costs 3500 points to enter RATS, that must mean that I have had already 4200 points at some point - or would have, if I hadn't gone there.

Or does it mean that I can't -write- there, but I can read everything freely? I can't remember whether I have ever tried to write something there or not. But I do have something that I might want to write exclusively there. Nothing that serious, but because it might be helpful, the governments wouldn't like it to be released, I am sure.

Still, in any case - I have only written about 328 posts (not including this one) and people have replied 78 times to my 5 threads - so that should mean

328 points (one point per post)
+156 points (two points per replies)
-------------------------------------
484 points is pretty much all I should have.

However, it seems that I have 773 points. So where do the points come from, if the only way to 'earn' points are posting, creating threads and people replying to them? I don't have any applauses or been 'debating' in any 'research' or 'fiction'.

So I read this

About ATS: The Point System thread

.. and according to this information, as far as I can figure out, I should only have 484 points indeed. And I possibly shouldn't be able to read RATS.

So are there also other ways of getting points, that are not mentioned in that post - or has there been a glitch? I am just curious about all this, because I never paid attention to "points" before.

I also have no idea what a 'flag' or a 'star' is, but it seems I have some of them as well. But I am not sure if I understood that correctly - I mean, do I have a limited amount of 'flags' and 'stars' that I can give others, or are the ones I have meant to represent 'flags' and 'stars' given to me by others?

I don't usually support the 'side dishes' of pretty much anything - I just do the main course and that's that. For me in ATS, that's writing, reading, replying, reacting, etc.. and sometimes even ranting.

In an online gameplay .. hmm.. I guess you can't really call it a forum, it's more like a place where you can play games with people online - just some simple stuff, like drawing and guessing what others are drawing, etc. In any case, in a place like that, for example, they have a 'money unit' that would allow me to 'buy stuff' and all that. But I ignore it completely, because it's just an annoyance, it's not the main feature that I came for. I came to play.

So, I have been utilizing this same 'philosophy' or 'modus operandi' (or whatever you want to call it) here, but this RATS-thing got me a little bit curious, and now I am slightly confused as to how I could possibly have accumulated that many points. If my guess about access to RATS is correct, then it would mean that I have altogether somehow 'earned' 3500 + 773 points, which would mean 4273 points (if I calculated correctly)!

How could that even be possible? Or maybe I missed something, like an update to the rules (which I think could have been updated to the post, link to which I pasted, because it's the first post that comes up with the ATS Search with the searchwords "ATS Points" (or was it just 'points', not sure)).

So basically I am asking - where did all these points come from?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Here's the ATS store link..

You gotta use da cash now though....lol

www.cafepress.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

I loosely follow my points and this is just a guess but a suspicion I had when I first joined, that filling out your profile, bio, likes/dislikes and such earns you more points. I believe stars/flags earn you points as well. Again just a guess but I too had trouble tracking my points early on. Hope those guesses help.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by Ben81

I had one of those. White with an alien head on the front.

Good quality and wore it till it became a bit too 'holy'.

Buying one with a few thousand ATS points isn't such a bad idea, imho.

Sorry, I can't afford it.

What can I buy with my -3923 points?.....(that's, minus 3923).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join