It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention OWSers and the 99%, K-Street is where you must go!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Trade deals were cash cow for K Street

A multimillion-dollar stimulus package for K Street is coming to a close. The expected passage of the trade deals with Colombia, Panama and South Korea marks the end point of a long campaign that saw the respective governments spend freely on lobbyists, lawyers and public relations to help push the deals to the finish line. A review by The Hill of Justice Department records shows that the three countries’ Washington embassies, foreign ministries and trade agencies spent at least $15 million on lobbying, legal and PR work since the beginning of 2006 to press for passage of the free-trade agreements (FTA). The sum includes at least $2.3 million spent by the countries so far in 2011. The lobbying blitz on the deals — which were negotiated by the George W. Bush administration in 2006 and 2007 — has involved dozens of lobby shops and PR firms over the years.

Source

If you want to change this ridiculous system, the attention of the movement needs to be focused on the money that is being pumped into politics first and foremost.

If you want to demand that the rich go back to paying taxes at the pre Bush tax cut level, fine. I say the tax code needs to be overhauled and simplified so everyone pays their fair share, but playing Robin Hood will do nothing to bring the jobs back!!

You have FOREIGN countries BRIBING our politicos to pass free trade agreements that will further decimate the American workforce. Am I the only one who believes that this is an act of treason? It's bad enough that the bankers/pharma/war profiteers/etc have destroyed us by their "lobbying"(bribing). This is a firing squad worthy offense if you ask me.

Flood K-Street. Wall Street is fiddlesticks compared to these louts!!! This is where your government is betraying you. The movement will not be legitimate until you bring it right to the throat of these bastards.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Things are really starting to heat up.
I'm cheering you Americans on! This is it. The point of no return.
There's noway I see people just stepping down and going home, not after almost a month..

The revolution has begun. Literally all over the world.. the final major country was the States to rise up...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

There is so much that is tied to K Street and Washington concerning this mess and the OWS movement willfully ignores it.

You can't cure the illness until you have identified all the symptoms.

A large percentage of the OWS is playing right into the Unions and Washingtons hands. More than likely because they originally supported both and now refuse to admit failure.

If Washington can be held accountable, then they will drag the others down with them.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Everybody benefits from the bush tax cuts . The richest people in the country pay a majority of the taxes, also.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think that's on the docket for Occupy DC!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoSphere

Recheque your facts, the average American pays twice the amount in taxes the rich do.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

In principle I agree, though in relation to income they pay far less.

In regards to the OP I would say it is the whole of the system which needs to be completely scrapped. It is not sustainable to have such inequality in the world. The problem is global as the solution should be. Do not misunderstand me, I want a new system designed by us for us. A governmental NWO is only possible if we allow it, we have the power, majority rules. Take action everywhere there is a need. continue the work of waking others.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There are two major problems that first must be addressed, the first is the private money in our political system. The second is the bogus trade policy that has been bought with that money. On its own free trade isn't a completely bad thing that can and should exist with those that have the standard of living that we do. Even with a developing country if structured correctly is a possibility.

The problem with it lies in how the spirit of the trade policy has been abused to exploit cheap labor. The right constantly likes to say that regulation and unions drove the corporations out. This is simply a lie that continuously gets perpetuated. Had our trade policy been made with the good of our nation first no one would be manufacturing much overseas to bring here. The elite purposely bought a trade policy to undercut the American worker

This isn't just about D.C. this isn't about overthrowing the rich though many would like to. It is about showing that we know where the real seat of power is, that we know who is pulling the strings. It is more about the symbolism of money than it is the actual people inside.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Flood K-Street. Wall Street is fiddlesticks compared to these louts!!! This is where your government is betraying you. The movement will not be legitimate until you bring it right to the throat of these bastards.

Sure, why not? Instead of protest falling on confused ears, better it falls on deaf ears.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

In regards to the OP I would say it is the whole of the system which needs to be completely scrapped. It is not sustainable to have such inequality in the world. The problem is global as the solution should be. Do not misunderstand me, I want a new system designed by us for us. A governmental NWO is only possible if we allow it, we have the power, majority rules. Take action everywhere there is a need. continue the work of waking others.

Agreed 100%. This system is a sack of garbage that is on it's last legs.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
K Street Washington DC is being occupied as we speak!

www.livestream.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Agreed. S&F

The problem lies in D.C.. And right now, they're laughing all the way to the "bank".

new topics

top topics

join