It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Clear Something Up. Apple Did Not Invent The IPod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
With the passing of Steve Job, the media are telling us about his life and achievements. He developed and then marketed some great ideas. However he did not invent the IPod. This honour goes to British inventor Kane Kramer, to which Apple had to admit to in a recent court case. Information here:-

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

that guy didn't invent the "Ipod" he developed a plan and patented it, then lost the patents. His device, while similar, is not an Ipod.

Now, if you want to be realistic, you can say this guy basically invented the digital music player. But in reality, he didn't do that either. He got a raw deal and because of his work Apple and other companies were able to build something tangible from it.

Mp3s didn't even exist in the 70s.

This is a great example of what is wrong with copyright, and I can at least agree this guy should be getting some royalties but since he lost the patents, he has no real legal leg to stand on other than hoping Apple would do the right thing (once the media gets involved they probably will).

The device he has sketches of (did he even MAKE one?) looks more like a walmart brand mp3 player than it does an ipod.

Apple didn't invent the "Ipad" either, it's just their take on a tablet, does that mean that the technology consultant on Star Trek the Next Generation can sue them? He did indeed design it first, and by design I mean sketched it, made models, made imaginary ways for it to work.

I'm going to see if I can dig up any other information about this guy, he does deserve something

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

the ipod was in no way forward thinking or an innovation
the best system for mp3 players was out before the ipod.
mp3 players that do not need a program like itunes and allow you to add songs freely from your hard drive, its is testament to the power of brainwashing that it was so sucsesfull.
we picked a product that locks us into a monetary based system rather then ones that gave us freedom and choice

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Apple didn't invent the "Ipad" either, it's just their take on a tablet, does that mean that the technology consultant on Star Trek the Next Generation can sue them?

Ipad-like tablets go way back further than that.
At least to here...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I was going to say. Star Trek has influenced a lot of modern technology including the flip cell phones.

Look how much the smartphones are like tricorders.

The man's second business is failing. It is a good thing he let the patents run out or it may have been a long time before we saw the mp3 player.

edit on 6-10-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It was a British guy Jonathan Ive who designed the stylish look of the IPOD for apple.

edit on 6-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

top topics

join