It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and Sobriety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I had a random thought last night whilst watching a UFO/alien abduction story online. I tried doing a search, but haven't been able to find anything quite like what I am asking, so if it has been asked, please bare with me!

My question is: has there been accounts of people being abducted while under the influence of alcohol, medication, or drugs (legal or otherwise)?

The reason I ask is because I commonly hear that people who have witnessed UFO's, been abducted, or have communicated with extraterrestrials were not drinking or under the influence in anyway. I assume that a) they are being truthful and b) even if they were under the influence they wouldn't boast about it because they don't want their experiences to be tossed up to an affect of the alcohol/drugs/medication.

Has there been a documented case where someone claims that they were under the influence and experienced an abduction? Would extraterrestrials have any reason to abduct someone under these influences for whatever reason compared to someone who was sober?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hi, those are great questions. I only have a few short points to make. If an abduction case is reported to MUFON, for example, it would remain confidential. It is documented though. You just will not hear about it.

My belief is that there are many reasons for abductions; from DNA research, to possibly trying to find a cure to something, kinda like from the movie The Last Mimzi, if you have not seen it, I would recommend it. It is made for children, but I highly enjoyed it!

Edit: But to answer yes question point blank, yes there have been abductions of persons under the influence.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i've had an experience under the the influence of coke-a cola.

back in the day, it was powerful stuff.

pretty freaky.

have it all written down for a psych class.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

Surely any report of abduction or even UFO sighting would be devalued or even ignored if the witness stated that they were on drink or drugs at the time .
There was a report on this board from a member who thought his friend may have been a shapeshifting reptilian because he saw him flicking his tongue in and out whilst sitting opposite him on a tube train , he freely admitted they had taken '___' that evening which was obviously the reason for his experience .
People on mind altering substances, either drink or drugs do not make for reliable witnesses .

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've not shared any of this before for obvious reasons. It coulda got me kicked out of the Army for one and most of my friends/relatives would've thought I was nuts...

I have a long history of really weird nighttime experiences. Strange animals in my room as a kid, little guys talking to me, etc... I went through life, went through ROTC to get through college and was sent to severl "hot spot" duty stations. Desert Storm, Kosovo, Somalia, ROK, etc... In Afghanistan I got involved with opium and heroin.

Now, remember, during this whole time, I kept having my "weird" nighttime whatever-you-want-to-call-thems. As soon as I got pretty heavily into to narcotics (I thought it was due to "stuff" over there but looking back, I think maybe it had more to do with my lack of a frame of reference for dealing with those strange experiences... I mean shrapnel, IEDs, bearded guys shooting at you; I can deal. But to even begin to accept that some little guys are "visiting" me was just out there for me.); I was smoking opium from some locals and a Staff Sgt (I got out at the rank of Major; somehow keeping all this drug use secret with some help from some buddies) would process the raw opium into heroin for a "better" high. We'd also get our hands on Fentanyl and other opiate pharms when possible (I got really friendly wth a civilian nurse who helped me out. She must've known the deal but I think she felt bad seeing what we would go through.)

Anyway, once I got past the "experiment once a week or so when I had some downtime" phase and got to doing it before every patrol, every recon, every letter written home to some poor dead kid's parents, and/or whatever excuse I could come up with, etc..., these "visits" stopped. Completely stopped.

I'm out of the Army now and still struggle daily with wanting to do the stuff. My little buddies have not returned yet. Abstaining from the opiates has made dealing with my memories of both my deployments and my strange nocturnal friends a lot more difficult. I'm not saying I don't slip up and do it every so often when things get really bad, but I'm generally being a good boy...

Maybe the aliens or whatever, lose interest when we do stuff to our bodies like that. Or maybe the drugs do something that messes up whatever it is they're doing to us...

edit on 6/10/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/10/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Absolutely, and I agree. Someone under the influence is not a credible witness.

I was just curious to know if someone has ever been, for example, "I had roughly 4 beers and had an encounter/was abducted..." as an example. Would extraterrestrials abduct these people under legal or otherwise influences to study their effects on humans?

I'm also not just talking about drugs like '___', heroin, or opium (drugs that can cause major hallucinations/delusions), but rather substances such as alcohol, marijuana, or Salvia for example.
edit on 6-10-2011 by beauty from pain because: elaboration

edit on 6-10-2011 by beauty from pain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Thanks for your story. Quite interesting how you stated that they stopped once you started.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

There are contacts of all different kinds.

It has been stated that some ETs will only make complete physical contact to those who ARE under the influence...but this is more of a personal disclosure. This is not meant to be world wide proof.

A good example would be Bill Hicks. Him and his friend were under the influence of psilocybin, and had the exact same experience. [A craft landing and a being explaining how mankind has a single, collective conciousness, and we are all just experiencing ourselves as individuals.] You can find this account in some detail in his documentary. Its great. And for the record, I believe he was given cancer by people out to stop his message. Much like Mr. Marley. Thats another story entirley. But they only consider you to be a threat if you start to gain a following. Bill Hicks was even starting to make a TV show to get his message out. Truly beautiful man, watch his documentary.

A man who went under the name of Sleeper made an ATS post a while back, entitled 'Coming clean on extra terrestrials.' He shed some information on this topic as well, stating that et disclosure and contact happens on a personal level, and sometimes they will choose to contact individuals when they ARE heavily drugged up - but mostly in a semi sleep state / dream state. In what we call the 'astral realm,' we are existing just as we are in the "real" world, just at a much higher frequency.

And the drug called '___', or dimethyltriptamine, is contact in and of itself. People still say this is speculation, but that is just because there hasnt been any "official" US studies done on this topic, but if one puts the pieces together it is quite obvious. '___' IS produced by the pineal gland, [third eye] durring REM sleep, and can be stimulated through meditation. It is also speculated it is released durring birth and at death. I could go on forever about this topic, it is fascinating. But there are beings and conciousnesses that exist in all forms, and the means in which they contact you change as well.

I think i got off topic. If you ever have the chance to smoke dimethyltriptamine, do so. You can't explain it in written language, but it is the contact everyone is looking for. Its beyond that. The key though is once you experience it, you can remember that state and recreate it naturally, with much greater ease. So yes, drugs do play a role, but remember disclosure happens on a personal level.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Look into suboxone. If USED CORRECTLY it can be amazing. Much better than methadone, and much better than weening yourself off of whatever opiates. Good luck man.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I hope this thread doesn't get closed due to drug talk... while I am aware that certain people use illegal substances for some reasons such as contact or spiritual enlightenment, I am not seeking advice or anything or the sort on how. I hope this is very clear.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

I am not familiar with Bill Hicks in anyway, but thank you - I will certainly read into his account. They both had the same experiences?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Don't drink or take any drugs. And it involved the children too, my son had missing time during the experiences.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

My question is: has there been accounts of people being abducted while under the influence of alcohol, medication, or drugs (legal or otherwise)?

Sure, lots of cases.

However, you also have to factor in the fact that many claimed abductions are in rural areas, often at night, so what the heck else would you be doing in the woods at night except imbibing mind altering substances?

Of course, as you can expect, this already puts a great deal of doubt on their credibility too (and rightfully so)....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by beauty from pain

Thanks for your story. Quite interesting how you stated that they stopped once you started.

Hey. Wasn't trying to get your thread closed for drug discussion. Just thought my experience would interest you and had a direct bearing on the topic.

It is interesting that the experiences stopped once I got more involved with the substances. Maybe if I was able to stop completely, they'd come back? It'd be a good experiment but I'm not holding out much hope for being able to stop completely. It's the only thing that makes me functional and not an angry mess constantly flashing back to some pretty awful stuff.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Going by that I wonder what the percentage of sitings were while people were intoxicated to begin with?
edit on 6-10-2011 by Walkswithfist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfist
reply to post by gortex

Going by that I wonder what the percentage of sitings were while people were intoxicated to begin with?
edit on 6-10-2011 by Walkswithfist because: (no reason given)

Wondering the same thing, mate.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
so are you saying, theres a possibilty, i may be just as useless to aliens as i am to my wife when im drunk and stoned? well if so one more worry i can cross off the list time to go get drunk! yay!

the answer to hanks song is, to avoid alien abduction...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

What this thread should be about is why abductees do not have sobriety. It is said that aliens prefer crystal meth which is the drug that seems to be the one that take the "light" out of you. Meth is the drug that makes a human not eat and sleep for days. Aliens also like magicians - magicians do not eat or sleep for days either. Aliens of course do not do the drug, they prefer humans to do it.

In the late ‘80s, an epidemic of methamphetamine addiction infected youngsters subjected to alien abductions. These individuals were living in a rather poor, rural community. This all-too-common side effect made me realize the aliens might be embarking on a serious drug program. This drug opens the user to extreme psychic abilities. I’ve seen users actually read the mind of another person. This drug allows open access, enabling the alien to possess and dominate the addict.

Magicians also have psychic abilities. I was told long ago that it was evil forces but I cannot justify evil when a force can be used for good. I see the magical force as a natural force, it's heavy and dominant, pushing ourselves to overcome, why would I say this force is evil if I were to do good with it? Maybe I am captured by my ignorance. Whatever this force is, soul energy, or sexual energy, the aliens harvest it.

Or, the answer I do not want is the aliens like us to do it because it drives us into sin. I am not convinced, and maybe a little dark but this species is still so evolved that they can travel through time - and not by a mechanical means.
edit on 8-10-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My encounter with aliens I was! I've posted it here numerous times, I just recently re-posted in the sleep paralysis thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Last post, no one posted after me

new topics

top topics

join