It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd urged asylum seeker to jump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Is London the place where you have to stand against the wall when waiting for a subway so you don't get pushed onto the track by devious people?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Great point guys, just because there a # wits in society that does not mean everyone is. There are more good people in Britain than Bad otherwise society would never work.

Cheers
From your aussie brothers

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I might be the only one to ask this but where did you see that a black man was the first slave owner in the U.S
Can you provide me a link?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Lack of empathy in many major cities is a huge problem now. Population + media that desensitizes and numbs people to tragedy means people just don't care about anyone else any more. They are actually amused at others misfortunes. Gone are the days of holding the door for someone. Getting to know ones neighbors. Helping someone in need. The video of an older guy getting hit on a freeway, and then everyone just driving past and ignoring him just about broke my heart. Starts at home.. parents don't teach it. Mostly because they don't know it. Not sure where the disconnect came into play, but it's a sad state of affairs.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

Agree. It's a worldwide phenomenon, and the OP sounds like he's post-baiting the Brits. Thanks for the movie link, I had wanted to watch this years ago when I heard about it, but forgot.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I don't think this is typical British behaviour at all... most probably were mostly teenagers egging this guy on to jump! I did't read the report but thats what i guess seeing as it was a tower block he jumped from... anyway, you havn't said anything about his illegality to be here... why?

If his papers were in check then he wouldn't have been up on the balcony in the first place!!
edit on 7-10-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

I'd like to see a solid source on that information as well. Re: First slave owner in the US was a black man.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
you could be in china...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Absolutely disgusting and sums up the mentality of the british people.

A failed asylum seeker fell from the seventh floor of a Nottingham tower block after being taunted by a crowd of people, an inquest has heard. Osman Rasul Mohammed, 27, an Iraqi Kurd, had been in Britain for almost 10 years when an application to stay in the country was rejected. The inquest in Nottingham heard he climbed on to the railing of a balcony in a distressed state in 2010. Coroner Maureen Casey said a "baying" crowd below called on him to jump. The inquest heard Mr Mohammed died at Clifford Court in Radford on 25 July last year after he became very distressed about his immigration status.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now every single person in that crowd should be arrested and imprisoned for murder. They are bullies, they prey on a vulnerable person, someone who has nothing and nobody. Typical british behaviour..

I absolutely agree, your comments are rather digusting, you are categorising every single british person because of a tiny minority?

This happens everywhere in the world. It shouldn't happen, and does not need to happen... but the fact is you cannot judge a whole country's idea or belief because of a very small minority.

The ideology of bunching a large amount of people into one group because of a very select fews actions is primitive. Who is to say that if this crowd were from the same background/nation/country as you, would it be typical behaviour of your own background/nation/country too? I beg to differ.

Stereotyping is THE PROBLEM in the article you linked to. You are no better than the morons who encouraged this poor person to jump by making those statements about british people, as that is stereotyping in itself.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

half of the elite would be in jail where they belong.
reply to post by NuclearPaul

edit on 7-10-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

More like all of them. Yes the people who urged him to jump should be arrested
edit on 7-10-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Jumpers do it for attention, looking for some validation. You have to admit that would be pretty sad in his mind to get that reply from the crowd. It's kind of an automatic death when somebody is in that state. There is some responsibility the crowd needs to take here. I wonder what they did when he hit the ground? Did they laugh?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Mentality of the British people? hmmmmmm.As a Brit i don't like asylum seekers but i would never urge one to jump.
Typical clueless sod.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Gee, thanks for making me cry today, oh God help us.

The poor man - I geez here I go again..!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I understand what you say but i respectfully disagree. I believe we are born pure and innocent and throughout life we become worse, we must resist temptation to do what is wrong and do what is right.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I wonder how The Wall Street protesters would act if they saw some rich guy in a nice expensive suit climb up top a building and threaten to jump. Would they do the same? I see so much hate! I would imagine so. That is just my opinion of course…..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Absolutely disgusting and sums up the mentality of the british people.

A failed asylum seeker fell from the seventh floor of a Nottingham tower block after being taunted by a crowd of people, an inquest has heard. Osman Rasul Mohammed, 27, an Iraqi Kurd, had been in Britain for almost 10 years when an application to stay in the country was rejected. The inquest in Nottingham heard he climbed on to the railing of a balcony in a distressed state in 2010. Coroner Maureen Casey said a "baying" crowd below called on him to jump. The inquest heard Mr Mohammed died at Clifford Court in Radford on 25 July last year after he became very distressed about his immigration status.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now every single person in that crowd should be arrested and imprisoned for murder. They are bullies, they prey on a vulnerable person, someone who has nothing and nobody. Typical british behaviour..

Mentality of the british people??? When was the last time you witnessed the british people publicly beat the crap out of a iraqi person in the street with 100's or 1000's of other people even after they are dead? or string them up dead to put them on display with there eyes cut out or there tongues...now who is more tolerant? dont accuse the british of being intolerant when there are a few as* h***s just like every other country

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Flavian

Exactly , despite having a a minority of idiots, we are one of the most tolerant countries on the planet.

Typical Britian, thinks there better than everyone else

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Flavian

Exactly , despite having a a minority of idiots, we are one of the most tolerant countries on the planet.

Typical Britian, thinks there better than everyone else

Not really, but there arn't too many places in the world that are as tolerant as Britain, some would rather we wern't so PC , but I think it's one of the things that makes us a great nation. Whats your problem with British people?
edit on 7-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

PC? Sorry I'm not up to date with internet slang. You say you guys are tolerant when all you do is cry about different races coming into your country and living there, oh were being taken over by muslims, racists much? Your fake ass catholic church that likes to rape children, only thing I like about britian is your women.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join