It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd urged asylum seeker to jump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by FFS4000
He didn't have to jump though did he. I can remember being told several things as a kid, which still rings true today.
Example, would you put your head in a lighted gas oven because i said so.....answer, no.

Cant see how this would be any different

Yes, if only he was incredibly strong and infallible like every human being. Certainly a large crowd of other humans jeering and cheering for your death should have no effect on anyone.

I certainly hope you never find yourself "on the edge" my friend, as you will -not- survive with this attitude.
edit on 6-10-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

Amen,he was so emotionally strong!
That man possibly had a mental breakdown because he found out he was being deported. A large crowed of people cheering for my death? I probably would've jumped my own damn self. He had nothing to lose, that's what he thought and with a crowd of cruel people taunting him to die? He jumped, I hope he's in a better place.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

Now every single person in that crowd should be arrested and imprisoned for murder. They are bullies, they prey on a vulnerable person, someone who has nothing and nobody. Typical british behaviour..

Of course, lets blame the people of this country for this man deciding to end his own life.
Was he pushed? No.
He put himself in that situation and then responded to taunts. I can imagine that this was in a poor area of Nottingham no doubt, where the working class are shacked up with immigrants (Both legal and illegal) I doubt they were going to beg him to get down. The working class SEE the injustice in this country, they don't need to read about it. You wonder where Chav and Skinhead culture comes from? Funny enough that they start to peak as the influx of foreignness in this country reached epidemic proportions.

But oh no, everything ive just said is racist and cruel. Shame that its the truth.
This man took his own life, no one should be held responsible except him.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

gimme a break.

if you climb on a ledge, f u, go for it.

just don't hit any pedestrians. ok?

what do you want? f'n jump!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by SyphonX

He didn't have to jump though did he. I can remember being told several things as a kid, which still rings true today.
Example, would you put your head in a lighted gas oven because i said so.....answer, no.

Yes, if only he was incredibly strong and infallible like every human being. Certainly a large crowd of other humans jeering and cheering for your death should have no effect on anyone.

I certainly hope you never find yourself "on the edge" my friend, as you will -not- survive with this attitude.
edit on 6-10-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

Amen,he was so emotionally strong!
That man possibly had a mental breakdown because he found out he was being deported. A large crowed of people cheering for my death? I probably would've jumped my own damn self. He had nothing to lose, that's what he thought and with a crowd of cruel people taunting him to die? He jumped, I hope he's in a better place.

yes!!!

it's better than living and rising above all that BS!

jump!!! might as well jump!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Nice way to take my quotes out of context. They were made BEFORE the copycat rioting started across the country, and I was hoping that it was the trigger for positive change. If you bothered to read my posts after that, then you'll know exactly what I thought of it.

The first riots were not a result of anything political. The crowd got upset because a gangbanger got shot while carrying a gun, because in their twisted little heads, the Police were being racist for shooting a black man.

(For balance - more white people are shot by Police every year than black people. Black people tend to shoot each other)

I am not going to share my experiences with you people, because I know full well that will make me a target. I cannot speak for people in other countries as I have never been abroad. All I can go by is what I have witnessed and experienced for myself.

Then how can anyone relate to you, understand your POV or take what you say seriously?

I am not going to sugar coat my world view in order to appease those who have contributed towards the negative aspects. No way. I will say it as I see it, and if you cannot handle an opinion that is different, or challenging to your own, then I suggest you ignore my posts. I will stay true to myself, warts and all, because this is who I am, both of my own making and that of those who I have interacted with during my lifetime.

So, because you haven't travelled, haven't seen the world yet cast aspertions over the whole UK because your tiny, narrow world view is full of misery? How grown up.

Regardless of his situation, people urging a desperate man to jump is sick and wrong. This is the issue I have. Besides I can bet that the vast majority of people in this country would resort to desperate measures if they were to be separated from their kids.

Yes, it was wrong, but it was hardly a crowd doing it. I bet only a couple out of the whole lot said anything at all. And yet, your casting the net over the whole nation based on the actions of a few.

Most people in this country wouldn't move to another country, try to claim asylum bogusly then father anchor babies in a bid to stay. What's your point?

Yeah we gave back a little of what we stole from them countries. I guess you are forgetting all the damage the british (along with other european) colonies have done to them?

And what about (in the British Empires case) the rule of Law, Parliamentary Government, infrastructure and education systems that are our lasting legacy in almost all our former colonies. Don't forget, the vast majority of the Empire was actually largely uninhabited, those parts that were inhabited were by people mostly still in the stone age, India and some others being the exception. For all the bad, there was a lot of good done.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Poor fella.
People can be so cruel. They obviously never seen a person being killed in real life. I saw a kid get ran over by a bus one morning on my way to grade school. Once you've seen something like that a life being snuffed out in a blink of an eye you think twice about wars, sick suicidal people and state executions.

The people in the crowd should have their moral compasses checked.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
The sad fact is that humans are digusting and always have been.

The Romans put the Christians against the lions.

The gladiators had to fight to the death.

The crowds loved it.

We will never change that - but as individual humans, we are capable of caring for others.

And I think that is our challenge - we are born horrible, and we have to try to improve.

If the Romans threw Christians to the lions it was just a case that the person happened to be Christian. There is no historical evidence that Christians were thrown to the lions for being Christians.

Don't Trust Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Indeed. In fact, notable Romans volunteered (including Emperors) to go into the arena against animals and other fighters, depsite it being frowned upon. Then there are the myriad of other reasons you could be put to death in the Roman Empire, being a Christian one of the least to worry about.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by fooks

He was an Iraqi Kurd after Asylum here.

he had it refused because he couldn't provide any evidence of him being at risk in Iraq from persecution, so as he has been here a a while and had kids, he has used them to try and stay in country. he was refused again.

Bottom line is, he was trying to pull a fast one to stay in the UK and failed. Firstly, Kurdish iraq has, for a long time, been very safe, is virtually autonomous from Baghdad and the Kurds run the show. That is why his first claim was rejected.

Secondly, the fact that he has bred while being here is irrelevant. Otherwise everybody would come here, knock up a woman and by the time their case is dealt with, they'd have a kid. We simply cannot allow that.

I feel sorry for his family that he did this, but it was his choice at the end of the day. The few baying idiots down below that shouted just before he lept probably made no difference, the guy was a jumper.

Hey at least he'd been there 10 years so I can kind of understand his problem. the ones we've got in Australia jump head first into razer wire while at the "refugee" centre and then get a compo payout. the last one got about $500 thousand I think. They burn their doorms, attack the staff, go on hunger strikes and at the same time they demand to be released into the community. Yes just the ones you want running around. Mind you they're getting paid while they're there and it just came out that the government pays for their ciggaretts while raising ciggarette taxes for the Aussies who smoke.

Most of the ones who come here come from Afghanistan. Young able bodied men most of them. I say they should be allowed to stay. After they enlist in the Australian army and go and fight for 12 months in Afghanistan to help liberate thier own country instead of leaching off Australia while our young guys are over there fighting.

Pack of coward law breakers if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
typical british behaviour? you are stupid if you think that. it was typical american behaviour to murder unarmed civilians in iraq with a helicopter that was aired around the world but didn`t say that. we don`t tar all americans with the same brush. so don`t do the same to us. he wanted to jump that`s why he went there.
people like you make me sick. i`m proud to be british, grow up!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Reminds me Beavis and Buthead (Sorry, over 1Gb collection - too long to search for a particular video) but anyway, exactly same situation: - Jump, Jump Goddamn it! Jump!
The guy didn't jump in the end and was beaten to # by police...
Sure some of you guys saw it (God forbid! Not politically correct cartoons!)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
typical british behaviour? you are stupid if you think that. it was typical american behaviour to murder unarmed civilians in iraq with a helicopter that was aired around the world but didn`t say that. we don`t tar all americans with the same brush. so don`t do the same to us. he wanted to jump that`s why he went there.
people like you make me sick. i`m proud to be british, grow up!!

That was wikileaks thing wasn't it? That was bad. You could see by a mile that they weren't armed. Well not with anything you had to sling over a shoulder.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I cannot speak for people in other countries as I have never been abroad.

this says it all really.. no wonder your so closed minded, you should try it firefly.. you may enjoy it, maybe you wouldnt be so bitter about your own country either..

i can assure you, some places ive been to in the world mate.. 2 days and you would be begging to return to the comfort and decent people of of the uk..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is like saying all the people that surround a fight in the street chanting "fight, fight, fight fight" all being arrested for assault or GBH...

It wasn't the chanting that got the fight started, it was two people with indifferences!

OP, if i told you to jump, would you? Would you bollocks!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No he didn't have to jump, but when a person is feeling helpless, and hopeless and maybe unloved, unwanted and unneeded, the least people could do is show a little tiny bit of caring...would that be so hard!!
Do you really think he is thinking at that point? He is FEELING...he needs some compassion.

I hope you never get so down that you want to put your head in a lighted gas oven..but if you do may there be a compassionate person nearby to get you through that insane low point so you can continue to live your life!

So many of this threads posts sound so heartless and cold and I cringe for humanity. if this were your loved one you would say differently!
edit on 6-10-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

it was wikileaks , anyway, coroner recorded an open verdict in that he might have fallen and not jumped, not a great difference though. shame it came to that, but he lived here for over ten years and wanted legal aid etc that is being strictly regulated now, and people raised over £3000 to send his body back to the country he didn`t want to go back to. biy ironic that.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

The crowds loved it.

We will never change that - but as individual humans, we are capable of caring for others.

And I think that is our challenge - we are born horrible, and we have to try to improve.

er.. that was approx 2000 years ago, i think we have moved on a little bit since then..

Go ask Michael Vick about that.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
yeah they only do this with asylum seekers don`t they

most "jumpers" get this shouted at them. in fact i would shout to jump if i thought they where just trying to make a scene or causing loads of people problems

its so inconsiderate to pretend your going to jump and cause people alarm and distress because you have a problem. even worse to kill your self in public just because you got to go home after a good ten year run he should not have been here that long in the first place. i mean come on imagine if every one did that to sort a problem out. i don`t bow to nonsense

edit on 6/10/11 by Aceofclubs because: because i could

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The crowds loved it.

There is no end to the babarity of our leaders and the disgusting behaviour of those with the hive mentalitiy... We are imprisoned by our own brain.
But its not all a lost cause, some of us have broken free from the ranks and want to make the world a better place..... Although we are few and far between..... Perhaps the only solution for those of us who dont want to partake in the gladitorial rituals of bread and circus is to leave Rome all together? Strike out on our own into the wilderness like the Israelites of the old testament (only without the pillaging and rape!), its not as if Rome is going away anytime soon. Perhaps thats what God is waiting for? A group of people to litterally seperate themselves from the empire and be couragous enough to litterally wander the wilderness without the hive. I mean, there are billions of people who worship God in one form or another right? Yet the world is still a crappy place! I used to go to church and the people there would constantly pray for revival and a pouring out of Gods spirit, but it never happened. Never, Why? The Bible says God is the same today and forever so why isnt he pouring out his wrath on the true evil doers? Either he is limited in his capacity to save, or we are doing something wrong........
Oh, sorry OP, got a bit off track! Yeah, I truly feel for the guy and pray that he has found peace. As for the douche bags who stood below taunting him....... Well theres no words to describe how despicable they are, they should be charged for what they did, it doesnt matter where the guy was from he should have been helped not taunted...... People make me sick

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join