It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Steve Jobs is dead... but what did he really give us?!?!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

you clearly have ZERO idea what you are talking about.

1) He created the personal computer, he made it so that a computer would go into people's homes.

2) He created PIXAR Studios (eventually bought by DISNEY, making him the largest shareholder of Disney's stock), revolutionizing the way MOVIE STUDIOS see their profits and ANIMATED MOVIES are made (before, they were drawn by hand, not computers).
Pixar is now the most successful movie studio in the industry.

3) He saved Apple from the verge of bankruptcy by going back in 1997, eventually making the company the MOST VALUABLE COMPANY in the world, above Exxon Mobile. Apple currently holds more money in cash than the United States government.

4) He created the iMac ('i' which stands for internet, not as you think you know, 'I" as in "Me'), the first computer designed to around access to the World Wide Web (Internet).

5) He created the iPod and iTunes, revolutionizing the MUSIC INDUSTRY by how music is distributed, bought and sold. 18,000,000,000 songs sold in iTunes in the last decade. That's 18 BILLION. iTunes is the biggest music store in the world.

6) He created the iPhone, creating the market for Smartphones and influencing the creation of many others, such as Android by Google. He revolutionized the way MOBILE CARRIERS sell cellphones.

7) He created the iPad, doing what Microsoft couldn't and basically creating a market for tablet computers, which for all means and purposes did not exist before.

Had Steve Jobs become a freaking gardner, all of the things mentioned above, ALL of them-- and that includes that of other brands- for the products he created influenced the manufacturing, modification and functions of his competitors-- would most probably not EXIST today. You would't have a computer in your home to write your ignorant statements.

As for the comments on how mindless technology can be, because people tweet, or update their status to 'brewing a tea', it's not the technology that is the stupid, mindless or useless one. It's the stupid, mindless or useless PEOPLE that use technology for stupid, mindless or useless things.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by helloxtree

1) He created the personal computer, he made it so that a computer would go into people's homes.

2) He created PIXAR Studios (eventually bought by DISNEY, making him the largest shareholder of Disney's stock), revolutionizing the way MOVIE STUDIOS see their profits and ANIMATED MOVIES are made (before, they were drawn by hand, not computers).

3) He saved Apple from the verge of bankruptcy by going back in 1997, eventually making the company the MOST VALUABLE COMPANY in the world, above Exxon Mobile. Apple currently holds more money in cash than the United States government.

4) He created the iMac ('i' which stands for internet, not as you think you know, 'I" as in "Me'), the first computer designed to around access to the World Wide Web (Internet).

5) He created the iPod and iTunes, revolutionizing the MUSIC INDUSTRY by how music is distributed, bought and sold. 18,000,000,000 songs sold in iTunes in the last decade. That's 18 BILLION. iTunes is the biggest music store in the world.

6) He created the iPhone, creating the market for Smartphones and influencing the creation of many others, such as Android by Google. He revolutionized the way MOBILE CARRIERS sell cellphones.

7) He created the iPad, doing what Microsoft couldn't and basically creating a market for tablet computers, which for all means and purposes did not exist before.

Had Steve Jobs become a freaking gardner, all of the things mentioned above, ALL of them-- and that includes that of other brands- for the products he created influenced the manufacturing, modification and functions of his competitors-- would most probably not EXIST today. You would't have a computer in your home to write your ignorant statements.

As for the comments on how mindless technology can be, because people tweet, or update their status to 'brewing a tea', it's not the technology that is the stupid, mindless or useless one. It's the stupid, mindless or useless PEOPLE that use technology for stupid, mindless or useless things.

give me that much money and i could do a lot better things for the world then anything steve jobs ever did

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

Originally posted by helloxtree

give me that much money and i could do a lot better things for the world then anything steve jobs ever did

I doubt that. There were a lot of people who had more than Steve Jobs did, and many that had almost as much. And they didn't change the world like he did. Most had no impact at all.

Perhaps you're the exception. But frankly, your statement sounds like vain self-flattery/self-congratulation to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
A very good article here: What everyone is too polite to say about Steve Jobs.

Balanced article, but highlights the reasons he wasn't ALL that.

In 2010, the Daily Mail managed to get a reporter inside a facility in China that manufactures products for Apple and the paper shared a bit about what life is like: With the complex at peak production, operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week to meet the global demand for Apple phones and computers, a typical day begins with the Chinese national anthem being played over loudspeakers, with the words: 'Arise, arise, arise, millions of hearts with one mind.'

Long live Orwell. I'd kill myself too.

Before he was deposed from Apple the first time around, Jobs already had a reputation internally for acting like a tyrant. Jobs regularly belittled people, swore at them, and pressured them until they reached their breaking point. In the pursuit of greatness he cast aside politeness and empathy. His verbal abuse never stopped. Just last month Fortune reported about a half-hour "public humiliation" Jobs doled out to one Apple team: "Can anyone tell me what MobileMe is supposed to do?" Having received a satisfactory answer, he continued, "So why the # doesn't it do that?" "You've tarnished Apple's reputation," he told them. "You should hate each other for having let each other down."

Right everyone, let's have a hatefest???

Jobs had his share of personal shortcomings, too. He has no public record of giving to charity over the years, despite the fact he became wealthy after Apple's 1980 IPO and had accumulated an estimated $7 billion net worth by the time of his death. After closing Apple's philanthropic programs on his return to Apple in 1997, he never reinstated them, despite the company's gusher of profits.

Money money money. That's all he was. A pathetic little money grabber, at ANY expense, and F*** the poor.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Best thread for 'i' to read right now (haha), Got through half but i'm falling asleep will contribute tomorrow!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
What did steve jobs give us? Nothing he sold a product, a somewhat decent one. Apple products were never my thing I do like my Ipod though. Other than that I prefer PC a lot more customizable.

Any who, Steve wasn't a a god or a innovator or contributed anything remarkable to human kind. Thats no reason to praise him or piss on his grave though.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

yes, and it was #.

the first useable smartphone, that broke the market and trends, was the one invented by steve.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What did Steve give us? Siri......and her depressive state of existence...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join