It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Steve Jobs is dead... but what did he really give us?!?!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Jobs technology gave us Toy Story(1995 movie), Bugs life(1998 movie), Monsters Inc(2001 movie), (incredible s)2004 movie), and Cars(2006 movie).

BTW here's a video of a Steve Jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 12 stranded dna

You always kill a somebody with fame when you need a cover, the media can concentrate on the death while real sh!t goes down.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Brilliant thread.

My two cents, I would have to agree largely with the OP. The technology has certainly made communication easier, however, it has made us more narcissistic and selfish in nature. What's startling is the "luceferian" nature to all of this. I know this is touchy to say, but the Luciferian philosophy is rooted in the concept that we ourselves will attain godhood which entails immortality etc. Technology, although has it's good, has also brought with it a large sense of destructive nature to it. It's not inherently wrong for humanity to advance technology, but we as humans are not even close to responsible enough to use it for the overall betterment of mankind. We are too selfish, too stubborn, and too broken to want to use it for anything else other than our own good, not the good of humanity.

nevertheless, a loss of a life is sad. Hope he knew Jesus.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
Jobs gave us Toy Story(1995 movie), Bugs life(1998 movie), Monsters Inc(2001 movie), (incredible s)2004 movie), and Cars(2006 movie).

What would I HAVE EVER DONE without toy story and bugS life?

THE SKY WOULD FALL, THE SKY WOULD FALL??!!!!???!

Sorry to burst your childhood nostalgia
1. not the best movies in the world
2 Jobs didn't create them!!

edit on 6-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

i know that he did not create them but it was done with his technology. Without him, then we would not know this nostalgic movies.

And thanks to jobs, he made computer life more easier than the one in the 1980s.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm so tired of people trying to argue jobs was some great inventor and give him all the credit for all these "technologies". No he wasn't. He was a CEO, a "great businessman". He PAID people to invent stuff or paid off/stole from others who already invented stuff. Since when does the CEO get the sole credit for all the products their company push out?? If you're so obsessed with the iphone, ipad etc that you're citing them as reasons for being a great man then give the credit to the actual inventors who put the hard work into making them and the underpaid workers probably in china that actually put them together. Not all to the guy who simply gave his thumbs up, gave a speech when it was finished and then collected an absurd amount of the profits and all the credit apparently.
edit on 6-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What did he really give us?!?!

A completely new way to look at the world? The Internet in your pocket? I dunno. Some people can pretend he never existed, but I have to take the question at a personal level.

He completely changed my life. Perhaps someone else could have done it, but the fact is, he was the one who did it. I bought my first Apple in 1979 and, quite literally, it changed my life. I went from a typical liberal arts do-nothing, would you like fries with that? kind of future to a career in IT. He is probably responsible for increasing my net worth by ten times. Not just me, but millions of others.

So yeah, he gave me a lot. You folks who weren't even born when he set the whole thing into motion simply have no comprehension of what he did. It's like growing up with electricity. You just assume it is there. But to those of us who were here before it happened, it was revolutionary.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hmm... Let see... He gave us an overheating ordure called iMac.

Thanks Steve!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Steve Jobs died. Leave him alone. What have you done for us? No, I really wan't to know.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamuelCrow
Steve Jobs died. Leave him alone. What have you done for us? No, I really wan't to know.

What did he really do for you?

Did Steve come over and wash your car?
He ever help when you were moving?
Ever loan you a little cash when you were in a bind?
Nurse you?
Father you?
Talked to you?
Gave you a shoulder to cry on?
Drank a beer with you?

I think you need to go thank your neighbor and various
others for really doing anything for you, Steve didn't do a damn thing
for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Threads like this are important because they help to stop REVISIONIST HISTORY.

I'm sad the guy died. But let's not get carried away with hype...

Remember him for WHO he was. He innovated, but at what cost, and to who? And who benefited?

Let the truth be remembered...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I'm off work Saturdays, my car sits in my driveway. Threre's a hose on the left of the garage. If you call me about 9:30 10 oclock I'll let u in and you can start. My dog needs a wash too. Use the same hose, there's shampoo near the car wash.

Oi, you don't really want to compare yourself to Steve Jobs do you?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
It is simply pathetic to see how brainwashed people are, thinking that it is reasonable to attribute all of apples products solely to steve jobs when it was the hard working smart people who actually devised and tested the things and then the underpaid slave workers who put them together All jobs does is give his thumbs up to the projects, do his little speech to announce it when it's done and then collect a ridiculous portion of the profits and take all the credit, apparently. Business tycoons don't deserve so much worship.. this is how we got in this situation of the rich having all the power and money in the first place.... doh.
edit on 6-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

You hit it exactly - well said. Jobs was nothing more than a clever salesman and thief, who stole within the framework of our legal system.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As much as I agree with you and your OP, I'm still gonna get an IPod Touch this year.

It's much better than my POS Walkman that dies every 2 hours, holds maybe 300 songs, and doesn't do video, internet, apps, or photos.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I just love it when anti-technology-babblers with fancy avatars post amok about how puters and smart-gadgets are the damnation of our society causing us to be anti-socail and the world would be better off if Apple/Microsoft had never existed.....

Good lord enough already. If you truly are anti-techno, get yourself a mailing list/fanclub by posting an add in the back of some magazine, and then snail-mail your newsletter/rant that you reproduced on an old purple-ink Banda machine out to your subscribers. As if that would make you and the readers less anti-social.

I bet most that are anti-iPhone would gladly use one if they could.

edit on 6-10-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFrenchPickler

He was successful, you obviously are not. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Any loss of life is regrettable but Steve Jobs was a CEO who's main goal and purpose was to generate income for his company.

Thats the main job of ANY CEO.

The sheeple are acting like a disciple of God has passed away simply because this guy was head of Apple when they made some semi decent electronic crap.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's funny how we tell each other to remember the good and forget the bad when a loved one dies, but do not extend this courtesy to the rich/famous when it happens to them. Those joining the bandwagon to slander and demean this man should imagine themselves six feet under while strangers attempt to smear your legacy and dishonour your family's memory of you as a human being.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Amen. Montenzuemas Revenge on Apple IIe. Changed my life. Simcity, anyone?
2nd Remember 5.25" discs. HA!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Brilliant thread..... S & F already.
I was thinking about starting a thread along similar lines.
This advancement in technology serves no purpose but to rob us of our most basic of human skills.
face to face communication.
I have been working in Paris for the past year and i commute on trains morning and evening.
I have not commuted so much for decades and I see 1 BIG difference.
Everyone is wrapped up in their own little world, fiddling with their phones with their ear phones in.
Sitting in their own little private space, avoiding other peoples gazes and avoiding conversation at all costs.
I am disgusted at what the human race is becoming.
The human smile has disappeared from the daily commute.
Even a smile sends out so many emotions and brightens ones day.
I cannot believe this sh!t
Job made a ton of cash for shareholders, thats about it in my book.
flowers outside electronics shops..... what next??
not impressed.

PEACE,
RK

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join