It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Steve Jobs is dead... but what did he really give us?!?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

i've had two iphones now, i think they're crap, but i'm used to them now.

i dunno about getting another one tho, not now steve's gone.

and there's my point.

steve, respect him or not, did bring the iphone to the world.

that device has been an everyday part of my life for two or three years now, maybe more, i forget.

when i heard he'd died, i was genuinely sad that someone who has given me something that has spent that much time in my life had passed.

this was why i made an RIP Steve post today.

the smart phone, may well go down as the best invention since the computer, the telephone and television.

jobs will probably join babbage, bell and baird on exam papers for years to come
edit on 6-10-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Logic was originally available on PC. Then Apple bought Emagic and denied PC users any further releases after 5. Pretty mean spirited, don't you think? Just business though, and that's the bottom line. If you stood between Jobs and a buck he'd would go straight through you for it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Its amazing how the masses bow down to Jobs and Apple for enslaving their children to a world of social awkwardness. Jobs changed the world that's for sure, just in no way for the better.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastone
Nothing ... he sold everything. Even his Soul.

He "Gave" us Toys

We "Gave" him Money

They "Gave" him support

He "Gave" his Soul

We "Gave" him aplause

They "Gave" him limited power

He "Gave" Them Profit

We "Gave" him Cancer

They "Gave" him the "Cure".

PAID IN FULL

THANX... for the uploaded memory byte's Mr Jobs... iPhone5 will have a real-time 'Ask Jobs Personally' app built into the icloud servers

Mr X-ULTRA/TETHER... Mr S-JOBS did believe in donating his brain to the advancement of 'Transhumanism' and the Lucifer rebellion code X-PRIZE Foundation... We Will Never Forget with eternally being grateful... And please don't worry forbidden Apple knowledge lovers... We have attention to details with a little perfectionism also... to make every neuron and battery life last... with our new 'made on Phobos' iphone5 Black Knight models that will truly be the most Galactic amazing forever
... DAM IT!!!... what do you mean these icloud servers are counterfeit... O-WELL... we can't just recall them now... well just have to cover up the glitches and tell the customers it's there fault

edit on 6-10-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: We found the bad seed cloud server
... No fear... The moon base soul storage containers are authentic & hacker proof

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

He was notorious for treating his employees terribly. So is Bill Gates for that matter. In the end, they were just ruthless businessmen who don't care about people.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
No offense. Steve Jobs probably was a good man but that's it. My thoughts go to his family and friends. BUT... His work for Apple was evil. He nourished the cold, superficial 'cancer'-society with his superfluous luxury gadgets. Pancreas cancer can be caused by electronic (or wireless) radiation (of all kinds of electronic devices)... His work was his death. Evil.

It's a pity Steve Jobs wasn't an awakened soul.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
apple is worse than microsoft but i doubt that all of it is due to Mr gates and Mr jobbs themselvs.

I respect him for being successful, even though apples philosophy doesnt not match mine in regards to technology.

rip good busniessman, bless you for helping those less fortunate knowladge wise (though wealthy) with the tech in this century.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Mr. Steve Jobs is in

iCLOUD heaven,
playing angry birds with God
on a iPhone 5000

(which is really an iPhone4000)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Pathetic. The OP is racist for even creating this thread, and to accuse Jobs of being a part of slavery?

This thread was created for no other reason than to cause racial hostilities, which, is the entire plot of the Obama administration. Its a means to their end, to create a race war and civil unrest.

What did Steve Jobs give us? Its not even worth trying to answer the question.

Exploitation? Guess what, OP. Those people who worked at Apple overseas worked there for a wage, which they agreed to. They were not exploited or forced to do anything.

Insensitive? You bet I am. Thugs like you are the reason for the problems seen on the streets today: Blame the white man.

You want a green earth? Commit suicide and do us all a favor by wiping out your own footprint.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee

He was notorious for treating his employees terribly. So is Bill Gates for that matter. In the end, they were just ruthless businessmen who don't care about people.

Really? And what evidence to you bring to the table to support your claim?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by JustinSee

Really? And what evidence to you bring to the table to support your claim?

How about accounts from people who have worked for him???
www.reliableplant.com...
Abusive bosses don't suffer for their behavior, if they produce
Straight from the workers mouth.. Dude seriously get off your
APPLE and do some research. then go watch Pirates Of Silicon Valley
might learn a thing or two about your god mr. Jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Pathetic. The OP is racist for even creating this thread, and to accuse Jobs of being a part of slavery?

This thread was created for no other reason than to cause racial hostilities, which, is the entire plot of the Obama administration. Its a means to their end, to create a race war and civil unrest.

Exploitation? Guess what, OP. Those people who worked at Apple overseas worked there for a wage, which they agreed to. They were not exploited or forced to do anything.

Insensitive? You bet I am. Thugs like you are the reason for the problems seen on the streets today: Blame the white man.

You want a green earth? Commit suicide and do us all a favor by wiping out your own footprint.

LoL actually its thugs like YOU that there are problems on the street today

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

LOL Is this sarcasm?? If not... you need help.

Racist...?? What on earth are you on about??

These people worked for a wage? yeah like these...

Apple admits using child labour

It is not often that i type LOL while actually laughing out loud but this reply did make me laugh... you come across as slightly unhinged... I really do hope that it is just a piece of satire or something

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Whatever you think about Mr Jobs personally, whatever you think about the apple corp, you cannot take away the fact that he got a hell of a lot right.
As a businesswoman, I have watched Mr Jobs with great interest for a lot of years. He was an inspiring person.
His philosophies about business translate into a lot of other industries, not just tech. His message "do it better", can inspire tradespeople across all sectors.
You can buy a computer to surf, work and play for £500, he sold computers for £1000, yet we all wanted them. Not because they were cheaper, but because they were better.
His shops are a joy to use, I was in one a week ago, so slick, so damned good at what they do.

So apple may not be your cup of tea, he may have been pragmatic about human rights in China, but he was a bloody good businessman, and If I could acheive a tenth of what he did, I would call myself a success.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by persianista

So apple may not be your cup of tea, he may have been pragmatic about human rights in China, but he was a bloody good businessman, and If I could acheive a tenth of what he did, I would call myself a success.

And that is exactly the problem... Please read what you just said again...

They way you flippantly say "he may have been pragmatic about human rights in china”

Its so dismissive...

These are HUMAN BEINGS we are dealing with... Mother and Fathers, Sons and Daughters, trying to earn money to support themselves and their loved ones... and that’s not even mentioning the child labour and deliberate illegal dumping of chemicals!! How can anyone, other than a ruthless cold hearted narcissist void of any ethics, be pragmatic about these issues??

And it is this that you admire!!!

Not Mahatma Gandhi, not Dr Martin Luther King, not Mother Teresa, Jesus Christ, Tenzin Gyatso or Nelson Mandela... Steve Jobs, bloke who's company makes computer stuff using child labour and exploitation.

You are right about one thing... it’s not my cup of tea...

No wonder the world is such a mess

Peace

edit on 6-10-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You people are funny

It's like you don't know that in corporate warfare there are no rules. Samsung/Google are copying Apple, Apple copied Xerox, M$ copied Apple, Atari GEM copied Apple, XWindows copied Xeros and so on... and everything is being made in Asia with little regard for human life. Don't like it? Don't use it. If you have to and still don't like it - limit the number of things you buy.

But don't say Jobs didn't change the world for the better. I really think if it wasn't for Woz & Steve computers would stay in big businesses and corporations for a while longer. I really think the mass "computerazation" is accelerating human progress. It was like giving people more affordable printing press thus accelerating our ascent to where we are not.

Some poeple think it went to far and FB and social media are brainwashing us but you have to remember: from the dawn of time - civilization is making two steps forwars, then one step back.

And incidentally - the OP could have waited a bit longer to start a negative thread about a person that's dead. It's just... bad taste. If you can't feel that - it's.. ah...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I admire those people too. For different reasons.

i employ people. Is that giving them a livlihood or is it exploiting them?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Not Mahatma Gandhi, not Dr Martin Luther King, not Mother Teresa, Jesus Christ, Tenzin Gyatso or Nelson Mandela... Steve Jobs, bloke who's company makes computer stuff using child labour and exploitation.

You are right about one thing... it’s not my cup of tea...

No wonder the world is such a mess

Peace

edit on 6-10-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

Remember when people were praising Jesus in Europe, the medieval ages. They praised a generally good guy and the world was in a bigger mess than it's now - no offence.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Racist...?? What on earth are you on about??

I'm stumped too.This is an ATS thread about what Steve Jobs bequeathed the world,....... right?Not some "White knights under threat" Stormfront thread.

edit on 6-10-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by persianista

Depends what you do and how you treat them... Believe it or not I do not hate all corporates... There are the ones who really do make a conscious effort to be ethical and... and these i admire greatly...

But sadly they are few and far between because the current system rewards the ruthless and the greedy.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join