It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end the power of banks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Ok most people today are worried about the economy and its obvious forced downward spiral.
People are fed up with banks and corporations that have extorted them for centuries now.
We want change..
But how to get change is where people get a little lost.

I propose this idea for change, it is a small task for most but together if enough people do it we can actually make a huge impact!
LEAVE YOUR BANK AND JOIN A CREDIT UNION
It’s really that simple
Obviously it’s not going to solve all the worlds’ problems at once but taking power from the banks is a giant leap.

For those who don’t know credit unions are essentially banks controlled by the members. Meaning the profits go back to you and in most cases the community.
STOP PAYING YOUR BANK CEO FOR MONEY THEY HAVENT EARNED

en.wikipedia.org...

I have been with a credit union my whole life and can’t understand why people seem to ignore them
You will save yourself a lot of money and you know the money you do spend does not go to greedy corporate fat cats!

A credit union is different from a bank in that it is a cooperative financial institution. It is owned and controlled by its members to provide members a place to save and borrow money at affordable rates. Banks are a little different in that they are owned by shareholders that have invested in the bank to make a profit on their investment. When borrowing, lending or investing money, the interest rates and product features offered by the bank or credit union is the deciding factor in today's competitive market.

The Federal Reserve Profit Rockets to $81.7 billion This money could be going to you and your community.

Think about how big this could be if enough people take the simple action!
We don’t need banks
The answer to our problems has been here for year’s right in front of our eyes

Please help spread this idea
With your help we can end the tyranny of banks!

edit on 6-10-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I agree that credit unions are better than the regular banks for many things, but what's to stop them from compromising and controlling credit unions in the same way eventually? They do get a hold of everything, eventually. Enjoy the benefits of them while they last.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I agree that credit unions are better than the regular banks for many things, but what's to stop them from compromising and controlling credit unions in the same way eventually? They do get a hold of everything, eventually. Enjoy the benefits of them while they last.

They are better on all levels, unless you are taking out a loan that will pay for itself but 90% of loans dont do that because people are reckless spenders.
banks cant take control, they dont own them and cant buy them!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I doubt that will solve the world's problems... but it would be a nice start.
2nd line

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I doubt that will solve the world's problems... but it would be a nice start.
2nd line

like i said taking the power away from banks is a HUGE start
they are the people behind the government
they are the decision makers
BUT WE HAVE A CHOICE

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Very interesting topic UniverSoul. I did not know that Credit Unions operated in such a way. This is something I will definitely have to look into, and possibly start informing those around me. How is a Credit Union governed? By a Board selected by those who choose to Bank with the Credit Union?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ooder57

Very interesting topic UniverSoul. I did not know that Credit Unions operated in such a way. This is something I will definitely have to look into, and possibly start informing those around me. How is a Credit Union governed? By a Board selected by those who choose to Bank with the Credit Union?

thanks for the support
i suggest you do spread the word because you will save yourself and friends a lot of money/hardship!
credit unions are structured similar to banks, they have white collar workers who work day jobs in branches and the like.
but upper managment is elected and done for free. they are in most cases members who want the best from their credit union
profits for workers would rarely be higher than a average job.

also its important to add that credit unions have just as good insurance as any bank

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

My housemate and I have already decided to look into some of our Credit Unions here in Australia. We both agree it is definitely worth considering. I will have to look into how it is structured here, none-the-less I will most likely join.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

thanks for the support
i suggest you do spread the word because you will save yourself and friends a lot of money/hardship!
credit unions are structured similar to banks, they have white collar workers who work day jobs in branches and the like.
but upper managment is elected and done for free. they are in most cases members who want the best from their credit union
profits for workers would rarely be higher than a average job.

also its important to add that credit unions have just as good insurance as any bank

i thought that credit unions were safer than normal banks because they are federaly regulated.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ooder57

im from australia and its like i said over here, fairly simple compared to the way the banks are set up.

i was going to suggest some but its like anything, you really have to find out what ones best for you
good luck in your search

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
when it comes down to it the money is insured so what can go wrong?
even if it was a risk id rather my money go to someone openly stealing the money then a bank ceo who gets away with stealing it legally

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Oh a fellow Aussie
good to meet you UniverSoul. Well no need to do too much research, I will take your word on it, just need to find one for me then. Are there any that are State Specific? As in, if you lived in that State it would benefit you more?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Oh a fellow Aussie
good to meet you UniverSoul. Well no need to do too much research, I will take your word on it, just need to find one for me then. Are there any that are State Specific? As in, if you lived in that State it would benefit you more?

great to meet you too! i was annoyed i could only save one person, atleast it was an aussie haha

im no real expert on the indivdual ones
but i would suggest my credit union:
www.communitycps.com.au...
youll see some key points on that page and they are based in a lot of places.

once again please do some research because you may be able to find one that benefits you a lot more

take care

top topics

join