dark verse light

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
what if it really is black against white??

broad but can cover everything...just a thought looking for ideas to bounce around with people

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
then, objective morality

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 11ADRi11

Two different subjects. Are we talking free emission of photons verses absence of light, i.e., darkness? Or are we talking the color white (which is all colors) verses the color black which is the absence of color. If your playing the race card, I decline to reply.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
it's almost all of those.

so supposedly the end of times is going to end up being "black" against "white", good against evil, some people even believe colored people verse white people...
so what if they're right, and everything i mean EVERYTHING is really black and white? truth is black and white, what if everything said or hurt really is black and white and a truth about life at that moment?

if that makes any sense lol, my brain is spilling tonight

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

It is black and white, but where they met is a smudge of grey and thats where most stuff happens.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
So everything good was from the white - everything verbal was from the white and the opposite is true for the black?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Everything isn't black vs. white. Everything is a shade of grey. Any event, action, or thought that you suggest can be interpreted as either good, or evil, depending on who is interpreting it.

Take abortion for example, a very heated debate about this subject is gripping the American people right now. To a Christian, one is "pro-life," abortion is evil, vile, and disgusting because of personal opinion, or a biased misinterpretation of Biblical references. To a fourteen year old girl who was raped, abortion is an option which will allow her, and her child, the opportunity to live a life without poverty and starvation. This young girl would be "pro-choice" in this scenario. Abortion, therefore, is entirely gray: neither good, nor bad, but subjective based on the situation and its variables.

As for "good" and "evil" having a cosmic battle... this is also subjective. I'm assuming you would classify the argument as God against the Devil (though I may be wrong). Indoctrination would inform us that the Devil is always evil, and the enemy; God meanwhile is all-loving and good. A simple reading of the Bible however, would inform anyone with the ability to interpret the words at face value that God is wrathful, envious, and jealous. He has no problem making his followers suffer, and even die. He also kills people all of the time (racking up more kills in the Bible then the Devil even!) By weight of simple statistics, and actions, God is no more benign and loving than His supposed enemy, the Devil.

Stepping away from what constitutes humane decency and cosmic morality, here's an example that might be closer to home. The following things are all illegal activities which you (most likely) have committed. Are you a bad, or evil person because you:

• Connect to a wi-fi server that isn't owned by you (meaning using Starbuck's wi-fi is technically illegal)
• Use a pseudonyms on the internet (by having a screen-name on ATS we are all criminals)
• Sang "Happy Birthday" in public without paying Time-Warner (who hold the copyright)
• Have downloaded a song, or program without paying for it (illegal downloading)

Now, I wouldn't consider someone criminal, or evil, for doing these things (I do several of them myself). But, technically we are evil for doing them. It's all grey though. There is no "good" or "evil" because everything is subjective.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And I came here for a thread about song construction...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
DUDE are you being racist

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by futuredude

no, lol im biracial myself

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

thank you for the awesome reply! makes a lot of sense and might actually have to change my outlook alittle now.

As for the end i still think it will be good verse evil but i don't think that it should be black AGAINST white, black and white must work together...if that makes any sense

top topics

join