It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange cat wandering and following me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The cat picked you. You don't have a choice in the matter. Might as well feed it and make friends.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
Is it searching for something? It is not a pet and there are a lot of cats in our neighborhood. But this one acts completely strange.

I'm a cat person. but honestly I think it just likes you. nothing mystical IMO. My second to last cat adopted me and my family. One day we found a not a kitten but a small black cat on our front stoop. He hung around for a couple of days. We didn't feed it. Then after about a week. I decided that he was worth keeping. So we fed him and took to the Vet got him fixed and all his shots.

Spartacus lived for 13 years and died happily in his sleep.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It's natural cat behavior....you said you usually go out at the time, so he sees you there every night, and comes by to say hi. Cats have an internal clock which is uncanny....that's why he is there at the same time every night. I have no need for an alarm clock, my cat wakes me up without fail at exactly the same time daily....almost to the minute!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vivalarevolution

Maybe you need to not post?
Sounds pretty sick thing to say to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vivalarevolution

I will pretend that the ignore feature was still available here
and press it!
I happen to be a mama to three cats and nobody will abuse
any cats on my watch.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Let's just ignore the obvious attempt to inflame. So very pathetic.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

What is so odd about a cat taking a liking to you? not everything has to be a conspiracy. The cat just so happens to like you and maybe was around kind people and is people friendly.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tattersley
Some familiar stories with cats here. Bout 3 years ago a cat followed me home from a BBQ quite a long way and just waltzed into the house like it's been here years. The cat who is now named snoop dog is still here. The odd thing is that same day a close mate was killed in a motorbike crash... Didn't ever connect the 2 events untill. 18 months ago my wife to be lost her dad to cancer and would you believe we now have 2 cats. Another cat just appeared at the back door and has come back daily since. The second cat has only just started to pussy foot into the house after all this time so I'd say it was very timmid but my girlfried connects those events together and seems to get some sort of peace from it... And I agree that cats do make for cool pets

Wow that is so strange. 20 some years ago I was totally destroyed by a cheating mate and divorce. A big cat showed up on my doorstep and just sat there. I had no pets, this cat looked well cared for, I decided I won't feed it or encourage it so it will go home.

Days passed and it was still there, so i fed it and brought it in. I sat down and it jumped on my lap. It followed me everywhere and slept in my bed.
I don' think i would have made it through this rough time with her.

About a year later a man and woman was walking down our country road, he saw Meow and said "hey that's my cat".
I told him how she showed up and I didn't feed her but she never left. He said he had her since birth and she just disappeared one day and he can't imagine why, he picked her up and cuddled her, she hissed and scratched him and jumped down!

She was with me for 20 years and I learned she hates to sleep in my bed and liked to spend most of her time outside, but during that bad year she changed all her behavior to comfort me. It is all very strange how she acted like she knew me and belonged with me when I never had a cat before and had no interest in having one.
Anyway I came to love her as a very best friend and I will never feel as close to anyone as I did her.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have had cats adopt me. There is nothing unusual about it. It's probably hungry and just wants to share its love. Take the cat in. You have made a wonderful friend for life!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That's"pookie"
We miss her tell her to come "home"

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

reply to post by Dimithae

Please excuse my bad humor, no offense intended.
edit on 6-10-2011 by vivalarevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The cat knows you. Not in the sense that it has met you before, It just knows your mind.
Take him home and look after him, it is the right thing to do.

I have three cats, they are three different little people.
Very smart and Intelligent.

they are :

Colin 18 year old Ginger Tomcat.Old , but independent and lazy, but like attention on his terms.
Wispa a beautiful 1 year white cross Siamese with gray spots.King of the hill and very loving.

Then there is little Magik, a one year old little girl and tiny , black and bushy with huge green eyes.
she's a fool, and loving too

edit on 6-10-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The cat has chosen you so if your able keep it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That's a really cute kitten. Causes my heart to stir with feelings of kitty wanting. Now I must go search for a kitten to adopt. Dastardly fiend you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's obviously chosen you so take it home and feed it and if it hangs around it's your cat.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

you shouldn't be worried.. if a cat likes you, you should consider yourself lucky! c:

though in southeast asian lore, cats are said to be soul-stealers and are kept away from infants. xD

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I don't see why you think that is strange.. it's just a cat. cats do that. dogs and cats follow me all the time and they want to be my pets. ignore it so it goes away or befriend it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I get followed by birds.

I was adopted by an exhausted homing pigeon. We never identified it's owners, so we kept it in the shed, and fed it up until it was well enough to go to a relative who races pigeons.. That pigeon (Percy.. I was young so excuse the obvious name) won lots of competitions.

I was also followed around by a rook for about three weeks, a crow for a week or two, and a robin.
My friend had a budgie that attacked anyone that went near it, she came into the front room one day to find it sat on my hand, talking!

I also CAUGHT a baby bird as it fell from it's nest. I was stood under a tree talking to someone, and it fell, and I just reached out and caught it in mid-air. What can I say? I have ninja skills...

I'm a bird person clearly.. but I've never been able to bring myself to own one.
Why keep them caged?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

After my grandmother passed away I noticed a frog on my patio everyday. In fact when I went over to the frog it came closer. That frog hung around my area that whole year until I moved. When I moved it was a rabbit who would just sit there looking at my window. I went over to the rabbit and it did not go away.
My grandmother siad she would always watch over me. I believe that the souls of people who have passed before they reincarnate can send animals to comfort you and watch after you.I have not seen any animals since but I believe by now her soul has reincarnated. Pherhaps the cat is sent to watch over you by someone you knew who has passed recently? (within a few months or years.)
edit on 9-10-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join