It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consciousness Waves

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

OMG, thank you for yet another great contribution to this thread! Amayzing read!

Altho you said that we advanced greatly after the 1929 crash, but i have to disagree with that part. I believe we have not 'advanced' as humans one bit for as long as documented history can show us. I will explain what i mean by that.

We still have wars
We still have greed
We still use violence and threats to resolve conflicts
We still have levels of autority (not a "everyone is equel" standard)

I mean this list can go on, if we look into the past. Mankind is still doing all the primetive things our species did thousands of years ago. We honestlty have not changed one bit at all. Yes ofcourse there are a few exeptions, but these are nothing compared to the stupidity shown still today.

We think that we somehow own the right to tell other countries how to run there's meanwhile there is still a load of issues in there own country! I mean,

Look at the stock market
Look at the house market
Look at the unemployment problems
Look at the homeless numbers
Look at the health insurance issues
Look at what they are blowing there money on

Again this list could go on for 2 pages, why do we feel the need to tell other countries what to do, while we can't even get our own issues sorted out? It's selfish to do so, we invade another country for clear BS reasons, yet people cheer them on.

Sorry to say, but the only thing that actually has advanced is our technology, not mankind. And this is very sad, because most of us haven't even got the slightest clue to what the true meaning of life is. It's not owning a 300,000 dollar car, it's not a big screen tv, it's not all the gadgets, etc. Yes there nice, and if you can afford them it's OK but it's not what we NEED. People confuse a lot with what we WANT and what we actually NEED. And it turn out when you look at it, there isn't that much that we actually need we just want a lot witch is part of greed.

Thanks again for contributing a great reply to this thread!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

Agree with you on that post. We have changed a great deal since 1929! Look at our Ego! We were once pretty laid back because that was the era we lived in. Family was all most people cared about in that era. When the technology grew so did our income, wealth, Ego, and whatever else turned us from caring individuals to self absorbed robots. I do feel many people's brains advanced because of the technology that was released. We became smarter but not necessarily better people. The technology has been the major driver over the past one hundred years. At one time we were free, or as free as we could be. When the Fed took over the money supply that also took our homes and all other freedom. We sacrificed knowing what it means to be a loving human into being a smart pawn for the bankers and their Elite puppet masters. We got hoodwinked with all the fancy toys that really mean nothing. The wealth has turned us into a dog eat dog world. That is what I meant by change. We have changed. We have gathered more intelligence as a whole, although that intelligence comes with a very hard lesson. I feel when the Veil finally lifts we will learn to care about each other again. If we combine the knowledge from the technology ear with the knowledge to Love and Care for our neighbors then we can makes some very nice advancements that will not be tied to our Ego's

Peace to you.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
reply to post by Required01

Agree with you on that post. We have changed a great deal since 1929! Look at our Ego! We were once pretty laid back because that was the era we lived in. Family was all most people cared about in that era. When the technology grew so did our income, wealth, Ego, and whatever else turned us from caring individuals to self absorbed robots. I do feel many people's brains advanced because of the technology that was released. We became smarter but not necessarily better people. The technology has been the major driver over the past one hundred years. At one time we were free, or as free as we could be. When the Fed took over the money supply that also took our homes and all other freedom. We sacrificed knowing what it means to be a loving human into being a smart pawn for the bankers and their Elite puppet masters. We got hoodwinked with all the fancy toys that really mean nothing. The wealth has turned us into a dog eat dog world. That is what I meant by change. We have changed. We have gathered more intelligence as a whole, although that intelligence comes with a very hard lesson. I feel when the Veil finally lifts we will learn to care about each other again. If we combine the knowledge from the technology ear with the knowledge to Love and Care for our neighbors then we can makes some very nice advancements that will not be tied to our Ego's

Peace to you.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

I agree, we did indeed change, but not advance. Because you used advance in your earlier reply i misunderstoond what you meant by that. As you can see change is not always good. Positive change cannot come from greed, money or the desire for power. Since we started to trade other things for a 'global' currency, wether it's the dollar or gold, made us greedy for more. Because with a global currency your not depending on wether or not your seller is interested in your product. A global currency is a valid way of paying in any type of service or product, this is what made people greed for more.

Thank you again for sharing.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join