It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Ron Paul Raises $8M In 3 Months!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul says he raised $8 million in the last three months. The Texas congressman said Wednesday that his campaign will report that sum when it files its fundraising report with the Federal Election Commission later this month.

Paul also says his campaign has more than 100,000 donors. Paul says "we are very pleased with that" and called his effort "pretty sound numbers." Paul raised $4.5 million during the first fundraising quarter of his campaign.

This is the story. Pretty simply. Those are huge numbers for Ron, and show his support is not dying. Also very happy to see this on the yahoo front page. Every little bit helps.

Very nice to see, that he can raise this kind of dough, while being blackballed by the MSM. The other GOP candidates couldn't do this without the MSM tooting their horn every five minutes.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 6-10-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
do you support Ron Paul yourself?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
he should get a whole fleet of blimps this time.

give some to the wall street protesters

go paul go
edit on 6-10-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpaul

And if he does how does that help you? That is none of your business don't you think?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

Originally posted by jpaul

And if he does how does that help you? That is none of your business don't you think?
What makes you think asking a question has implications of arrogant judgment?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
S&F, Ron Paul needs the support right now,
The coverage of him on ATS and other websites make up
a small percentage for the lack of attention he gets from the MSM.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I had a question about the 100,000 unique donors...is that just in the 3 month span of time as well? Does that mean an average of $80 per donor? At first, none of this impressed me much but then I read that RP has 5:1 the amount of donors (for this quarter anyway) than Romney...that was encouraging.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It's a lame-stream psychological warfare 101.

Pro-Freedom candidate gets talked about a lot on the Internet, so just never really talk about him much and focus on other less palpable candidates in hopes that repetition and lack of coverage for the freedom vote will make people supporting the freedom vote to feel alienated and isolated.

Don't let it work on you! It's a lie.

The Internet's numbers are a fair example of the cross section of anyone able to afford a computer.

Don't let their psy-ops make you feel alone and out numbered. It's a ruse!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
I had a question about the 100,000 unique donors...is that just in the 3 month span of time as well? Does that mean an average of $80 per donor? At first, none of this impressed me much but then I read that RP has 5:1 the amount of donors (for this quarter anyway) than Romney...that was encouraging.

And what does Romney get about 50 : 1 the amount of coverage and encouragement from the big corporate media outlets?
That's amazing isn't it?

At first I thought they were mocking us by doing this in our faces like this.

Then I started to realize it was actually a pathetic last ditch effort to try and convince us to take these big-govt ill-principled types instead. They are actually desperately trying to cling onto power.

It seems their 'magic' isn't working very well anymore.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'm thinking you're right...at least for this quarter anyway. Isn't Romney always being touted in the media as having huge support and overflowing coffers? I'd like to see his public announcement for this quarter.

Romney is expected to raise around $14 million...around double that of RP....that's no good.

edit on 6-10-2011 by monkcaw because: romney numbers

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Ron Paul is against the protests on Wall Street. He said so in a speech to the American Press Club.

Fact is. Fundraising is a get rich quick scheme for all of these people. Sarah Palin showed that it's all just a scam. She raised a lot of money and blew it on a bus tour of the US. She's not even running.

He's just scamming the American people just as the rest of them are.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Ron Paul is against the protests on Wall Street. He said so in a speech to the American Press Club.

Well of course he is. He is a republican albeit against the war but he still is for big business and not the little guy. He wants to get rid of the minimum wage that tells me all I need to know about Ron Paul.

Edit: He'll spend it all in order to win the next straw poll. He doesn't have a very good record on how he spends his campaign cash.
edit on Thu October 6th, 2011 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You know, given Cains recent statements, I hope Ron uses some of this money to call him out in an ad. Maybe he has other plans, which I'm sure he does. But it is very promising he has raised what appears to be enough capital to attack some of these candidates who don't appear to think before they open their mouths.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I do not know much of Ron Paul...in fact you could probably say I'd know nothing about him if it wasn't for this site. Listening to many opinions on here intrigued me to take a look. I tell you what...I actually like a lot of his answers to some of these questions. I am a Ron Paul supporter.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by vjr1113

Um, no. What he actually said was, “I can’t speak for the people out there because I don’t know who they are or exactly what they are demonstrating against,” Paul told the Nation Press Club. “I can argue the case for their right to express their outright frustration with what is going on. Some are liberals and some are conservatives and some are libertarians and some are strict constitutionalists. And if you read carefully over what I’ve written over the past 10 or 15 years, I talk a lot about this, that eventually we will go bankrupt.”

“As far as the federal government involved in the practice of civil disobedience in the various states, it’s really up to the states to deal with it. I think that civil disobedience, if everybody knows exactly what they are doing, is a legitimate effort. It’s been done in this country for many grievances. Some people end up going to jail for this. But to speak for a special group and say, ‘Yeah, I like what they are doing or they are not doing,’ but what I want to do is try to sort it out and tell people why they are struggling and that this was a predictable event.”

Source

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Doing a quick search online about how much Obama raised for his campaign and I discover it's possibly around $600 million dollars! Over half of a billion dollars to run for office? W - T - F!? Unbelievable, and very disheartening. Can the Paul expect to reach those numbers ever?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I seen the "charts" on MSM yesterday . They want to make us believe that who ever can raise the most "federal reserve notes" will most likely be the winner.

In times like this, i am amazed that they would even want us to know how much money they waste . !

edit on 6-10-2011 by hbarker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hbarker
I seen the "charts" on MSM yesterday . They want to make us believe that who ever can raise the most "federal reserve notes" will most likely be the winner.

In times like this, i am amazed that they would even want us to know how much money they waste . !

edit on 6-10-2011 by hbarker because: (no reason given)

I wonder who sponsors the candidates when the banks go under? Can't complain about a lack of future bailouts when at the same time you're pumping tens of millions into political campaigns.

Actually, sadly, that's exactly what the banks will do.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Erowynn

You're absolutely right, he did babble on like an old man with dementia, rambling incoherently and making no sense whatsoever, trying desperately to get back to his prepared talking points while attempting to avoid the question altogether.

That's so much better than just denouncing the protesters aims while looking like the oligarch he really is.

new topics

top topics

join