It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something going on at Occupy San Fransisco and Occupy St Louis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hi, I'm just wondering do any of you guys think it might be possible for the gov to put agents in the protest to make it turn violent. You know if they truly got worried enough, the one thing that would turn America against the protesters would be for it to turn voilent and when large groups get together it only takes one or two people to cause a riot. Would give them reason to declare Martial Law. Just a thought and was wondering what you guys and gals thought.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
They arent arresting everyone...why? Because some people know how to protest the right way and other don't....its a pretty simple concept! Besides...people would crap themselves if we didn't have some order haha. Be safe to all...the cops and the protesters. Believe it or not...the cops feel the same way you do...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Those are usually the government agents wearing bandanas and smashing store front windows.

Somehow they always get missed by the police but the peaceful protesters get beaten and arrested.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The only thing I log on for is to laugh at this:

Preparing or serving food without a permit

Lolwut that actually exists? Man I haven;t been here in a while. How many laws did I miss?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ermatica

As soon as someone starts something (possibly cops dressed as civvies) it's going to be hell. That one movie with Bruce Willis & Denzel Washington.... Martial Law is placed in New York city remember all the threads about messages in movies?? I think they'd wait for the protesters to get into a massive group then bomb them claim it was a suicide bomber and say LOOK THIS IS THE ENEMY!!! Then get the sheeple to be all like "What are you protesting for?? WE NEED TO KILL THE MUZZIES!!!"

Ron Paul says he wants to bring the troops home, but if there is an attack the sheeple will say WTF IS HE DOING?? Then that other asshole will be elected and continue the war.

It's all connected I think.... But this is just my opinion and theory.

Stay safe protesters!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if the 1st and 2nd amendments have a reason why they're 1st and 2nd. Maybe the founders have been there before?

Unfortunately this is a leaderless protest movement, they may wake up and realize this was orchestrated by banks/unions/government - people like Ben Bernanke, Jimmy Hoffa and Obama.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
Makes you wonder if the 1st and 2nd amendments have a reason why they're 1st and 2nd. Maybe the founders have been there before?

Unfortunately this is a leaderless protest movement, they may wake up and realize this was orchestrated by banks/unions/government - people like Ben Bernanke, Jimmy Hoffa and Obama.

Patriots, Sons of Liberty etc. They made the 1st one because without it we wouldn't have the ability to write or speak what we want and the Sons of Liberty wouldn't have existed. The second one was so that like the Revolution if they hadn't kept their guns hidden from the British they wouln't have been able to fight back, no america etc.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As a wise man once said "No king rules forever"

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
I hope they arrest everyone that gets out of line.

And just what incentive does an officer have to do that to their co-workers?
Other than his sworn duty to uphold the constitution of course...

I'm cool with it though, more folks will see what is going on and the movement will grow.
Eventually folks will film and target offending officers.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If the people of Iran asked for a permit to protest against their government, it would fall on deaf ears. So why should people anywhere need to get a permit to protest their outrage against a corrupt system.

Isn't this a conflict of interest when the government can decide if a group of people can protest against them or against the powers that feed them?

Protests by all accounts shouldn't need permits. By corralling protestors in a designated area and setting stipulations on what they can not do (using bull horns, or setting up tents, blocking roadways etc...) is controlling dissension by the people.

If our government decided to exterminate people over the age of 80, would it be wrong if people were so outrage they took to the streets to protest this outrageous murderous act. So if the government would refuse giving a group a permit to protest this act, does that mean the people shouldn't go ahead with their protest?

Protests are by their very nature a way to create a catalyst for change. Vocalizing, causing disruptions, and presenting to the public why they're protesting, is really the only way to gain attention over the governments political and corporate machines.

If the people are not in control of their government nor their media, asking for a permit from the same people who bites the hands that feed them, is really like taking a bone from a dog.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Banksters, like Nazis, can't be simply talked out of their business.
Get real, people.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the government agent provocateurs to make their move .Hopefully the Occupy Movement won't be taken in by these dastardly tactics.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Get real, people.

I think we know that.... this is to inspire the masses! Bring us all together, because TOGETHER we have power!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

I dont know what your talking about, maybe the website changed?

I wouldnt edit a quote, or else it wouldnt be a quote

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Get real, people.

I think we know that.... this is to inspire the masses! Bring us all together, because TOGETHER we have power!

Well, bringing people together doesn't necessarily mean they will be capable of doing something operational. It would take a massive boycott action of a Gandhi type to accomplish something tangible, and that only until parties take over the "revolution". Then, we know what they did to Gandhi...

To maintain resistance on personal level as a life long action would be the proper course of dealing with overall corrupt society. The truly effective political action is to deny ignorance, actually.

There is an ongoing global anti cultural program conducted by most governments and corporations. Be aware of this. It is the "deny knowledge" action on a biblical scale.

edit on 6-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

What if the city refuses to issue a permit to assemble in order to prevent the assembly from occurring? Then do we still have to sit down and take it? When the system is corrupt you have to break it. That is what our founding fathers did. Actions are only "legal" so long as the forces who govern them remain in power. What happens when the people realize they outnumber the cops 100-1 and they don't have to get arrested if they don't want to?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

First off lets look at these celebrations of rights...... tongue in check

" violations" Open flames on the sidewalk gas or otherwise... just watch "Rocky" seems like the norm in Philly,

"violation" Disorderly conduct everything is a discon. Throwing grass from your yard into the road from your mower is a discon. almost everything you do is a discon.

"violation" public nuisance health code ummm What :?

"violation" Preparing or serving food without a permit, oh yes never ever go to a tail gate party at a stadium

"violation" Permit required for temporary occupancy of the street and/or sidewalk -- yes you cant do that unless your begging for money

'Violation' Civil sidewalk violations --- um ok i do think i saw Ron Jeremy violate a sidewalk once what does that mean.

'Violation' you are ordered to take down structures yada yada yada, well have you ever seen a striking union.

All these Violations Are a bull# Way of denying us our right to protest if anything

i sure do hope anyone arrested takes it to a jury trail of their peers. regardless of how simple a charge. .
edit on 6-10-2011 by HEATHERTHOMSON911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

i dont get at all why they are repeating everything word for word

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jeannyska12

You mean "Peoples Mic"?

The cities are banning any kind of sound amplification devices, so they use the "Peoples Mic" to relay their message to everybody... Its a pretty powerful tool really

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

I don't think there will be any extreme violence in these protests. That's my opinion.

The agent provocateurs have stayed home because the government knows that this protest has the potential to blow up at any time, and there is no way the cops could handle it. The cops would be completely overrun, and I don't believe they want to show the world that unarmed masses can overtake the riot police.

Not to mention I would hate to see anyone get hurt when a truly intelligent society can talk and figure this out. We will see if we are that intelligent.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join