It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something going on at Occupy San Fransisco and Occupy St Louis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by trika3000

Thanks for those links. I've already seen them. But I'm
still a bit confused as to what the objective is.

German, Belgium and UK too? Hmm that's getting close.

What do you want the object to be? - present it to your fellow human beings and maybe it can be accompplished... Because obviously the old school way doesn't work... We are all humans no one is more special than anyone else..
The 1% who seem (or think they are) above the law, who think they deserve more, who've been living on the backs of others are going to find out we the people decide who our leaders are... The old 20th century ideology and corruption are done.... This is the time everybody has been waiting for... Although some seem frightened by it or have grown cynical and think it's just another scam... Well, time will tell i guess
edit on 6-10-2011 by trika3000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Shaade

Please dude, the cops are just doing their jobs.

You think they enjoy babysitting?

Isnt that what that one cop beating on a dude with his night stick was saying? Oh "i'm sorry, its my job to beat you half to death, but its ok because i'm getting paid".

So was the cop that pepper sprayed that woman in the face for no reason just doing his job? All she was doing was just standing there and he just casually walks by with arm outstretched for a drive by spraying. That one was caught on camera and made it on MSNBC.

If they were just babysitting they would just stand there at attention with their hands behind their backs at ease while they just silently watched.

*sniff, sniff*, you smell like bacon, you got a pig hiding under that sheep costume?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I hope they arrest everyone that gets out of line.

You have a right to assemble peaceably and protest. Provided that you have obtained a city permit and are respectful of the law.

But no one can guarantee your safety or those around you and if you are violent, vandalize and are lawless you should be arrested.

For the record, I'm NOT fan of the hippies protesting.

I agree with you 95% on your points.

I've always thought that "asking permission" to protest is rather silly. You dont have to ask permission to exercise your other rights....except in those commie controlled areas in cali and the north east.

"Mommy, may I state my distaste at having to eat my english peas?"

"no"

"ok".

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by trika3000

Thanks for those links. I've already seen them. But I'm
still a bit confused as to what the objective is.

German, Belgium and UK too? Hmm that's getting close.

What do you want the object to be? - present it to your fellow human beings and maybe it can be accompplished... Because obviously the old school way doesn't work... We are all humans no one is more special than anyone else..
The 1% who seem (or think they are) above the law, who think they deserve more, who've been living on the backs of others are going to find out we the people decide who our leaders are... The old 20th century ideology and corruption are done.... This is the time everybody has been waiting for... Although some seem frightened by it or have grown cynical and think it's just another scam... Well, time will tell i guess

Please, oh please inform us on what you plan to do in the event you are all successful?

How will you bring this glorious revolution to the aid of we poor proles?

I'm not interested in general terms here.

Stand and deliver!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
St Louis area here.

One thing Im finding curious is that the "protestors" are of all political persuasions.. which is interesting considering the composition of other protests in the past were pretty uniform, and the reporters are NOT choosing random people to interview. The one thing I saw myself.. just one instance of course as I wasnt there the whole time watching every person.... the reporter had been speaking with the person she was to interview by the van outside of the group of protestors and then put the kid on camera. At that time others broke from the main group and walked over to the person being interviewed as if they were all part of a group with this guy who no one had ever seen yet. Easy to get that sort of shot it seems as many of the protestors are like a school of fish... KWIM? They just walked over in support of a person they knew nothing about but was chosen to appear on camera. When you see the shot from the outside, it looked like he was speaking for a group of people, but in reality he was unknown to them. On camera he wasnt displaying the same persona he was when he was speaking to her privately. We didnt see this kjid until she rolled up in the van and also she NEVER spoke to anyone else nor did she look for anyone else to interview. It was shots of the group after that and commentary. Interesting Id say.

Anyway, I see no other association between any of the protestors here but the anger toward "wall street" and the "rich". Some are seeing the situation clearly/are informed of the real issues and many others only are pissed off at anyone who has one more bean in their pot than they do. It seemed for some, anger and frustration for anger and frustrations sake alone with no real direction or firm idea of why they were angry... or at whom! It will be interesting to see where this goes as there really is no solidarity and even within the protestors there are major disagreements.. as in near fist fights among the protestors themselves concerning disagreements with ideology. ALso, many many seem to be just pissed off in general and arent sure who to be pissed off at.. but will be useful to whomever tickles their ear in sympathy. That can be good or bad obviously.

A LOT of film is being burnt on the protestors.. as in much much filming of faces and groups. No interviews.. just a hell of a lot of quiet observation. Take from that what you will.

Within the large group there are smaller factions or smaller groups who have specific ideologies and pretty open about what they want and how they want to get it. Some of the smaller groups ideologies would be sufficient for the whole group to be labeled as a threat and splashed all over the news if the time comes to do so. I guess be aware of who ALL you are throwing your hat in with, they absolutely arent all peaceful freedom minded Americans. Any catalyst will do for them IMO.... and its one poke away to turn any of this into a blood bath for a few as they seem to be really looking forward to it. I dont see that happening really because it just seemed to me that they were a bunch of dopes who read too many dystopian fiction books and think they can blow up credit card companies with impunity if the group is large enough.

Seems to me ....seriously, they are keeping a firm hand on the media and what you are being shown. It would be very very easy to turn public support against the protestors with some of the things you hear said and thrown around out there because there is no real cohesion between the protestors as a whole group. You need to consider that what you may be justly protesting and have firm reasons for.. others are there for a vastly different reason and have vastly different ideas of where this should go... and would gladly say whatever to get their face on the camera. No need for Agent Provs IMO..

Just some FYI observations.. interesting to say the least. Off to take care of real life nonsense and yard mowing. Take care and dont get caught on camera.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Please, oh please inform us on what you plan to do in the event you are all successful?

How will you bring this glorious revolution to the aid of we poor proles?

I'm not interested in general terms here.

Stand and deliver!!

What are you talking about? Get the chip off your shoulder and pay attention to the links that have been already presented... No one cares about your anger... or sarcasm anymore (living in an echo chamber?)
edit on 6-10-2011 by trika3000 because: cause i always edit

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaade
reply to post by morder1

well it looks like TPTB are starting to get a little worried, they are getting more aggressive now.
Its going to get alot worse im afraid.
star and flag for you.

When they get real worried they will start to panic and their true colors will show.

Some police will continue to beat and abuse their power we GRANTED them, and some will realize they have been in the wrong and come to the side of the people, because they realize they are the people.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

What I want it to be? I don't really understand why people
are doing this. I *think* they are pissed because some have
a lot and most have nothing?! I could be very wrong.

If the '1%' gives in and starts doing what the protesters want
them to do, what would that be?

What is it that the 99% (I'm probably 99% too) want in the
end? More money, better education, less war...

I'm not trying to be an ass here, I'm just trying to figure out
what it is they want.

You say 'this is the time everybody is waiting for'. I don't
agree with you personally. I'm not sure what I would gain
from chaos when I don;t really know what it is I want or
what I want others to do. Screaming "you have too much"
won't do the trick, will it?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by trika3000
Swat team prevents St.Louis man from withdrawing his money from bank - Occupy St. Louis

wow spread this link wtf is going on in this world

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by morder1

Yeah and my problem with this thread is that you don't have any info, you and others are taking to the streets on baseless claims. You dont even know what you are protesting for or who you are protesting against.

How dare you call these people Ignorant. #occupy SF are a very diverse group of san franciscans,fed up with the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK< therefore the protest is in front of said building. what have you done FOR your country lately

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You asked and answered.....Sorry, but that is the point, you claim that odds are, you ARE part of the 99%.....What is it you are frustrated about, what is it you would like to see happen.....what is it you would do if you had the power to change an aspect of our current society.....Because, I can imagine a number of ways I would really like us to mature as a society and develop forward.....I am on of the 99.....and you know what, this is what I want...

I want a business, i don't care how big it is....I want a business I do business with to LISTEN TO ME....They take my money, therefore I matter. If I have a compliment, they listen fully, but if I have a complaint....door slams in face. I'm sorry, but you know, in 15 years of operational experience, I have found that if a business listens to the initial complaint of a customer, it can be solved and settled quickly. And most of the times, the customer just wants to state the frustrations, they aren't looking for anything more than to say, that just isn't right. I want a business to remember that the reason they are as big as they are is because of the 99%.....no you can't just say, 'oh we have 100,000's of clients, who cares about one person......you care about them ALL, or you take the risk that they will all go......I want the business to say to it's shareholders, we need to make them the bottom line and not you.

What I want it to be? I don't really understand why people
are doing this. I *think* they are pissed because some have
a lot and most have nothing?! I could be very wrong.

If the '1%' gives in and starts doing what the protesters want
them to do, what would that be?

What is it that the 99% (I'm probably 99% too) want in the
end? More money, better education, less war...

I'm not trying to be an ass here, I'm just trying to figure out
what it is they want.

You say 'this is the time everybody is waiting for'. I don't
agree with you personally. I'm not sure what I would gain
from chaos when I don;t really know what it is I want or
what I want others to do. Screaming "you have too much"
won't do the trick, will it?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Sixty Department of Public Work's Trucks just showed up. Come now. Call media! We need legal observers now! We just received this notice from the City police. Please come to the camp immediately. We need everyone we can. Please call Mayor Ed Lee, Board of Supervisors, and the District Attorney's office immediately. There is no date on the letter, there is no author. The letter is not official. Call them and leave a message NOW!

The part you quoted above does not seem the same as what is on the website... notably, your quote leaves out many mentions of Police.

In the interest of seeking, finding, and spreading truth, I present here the website's own words, INCLUDING the missing portions about the police:

Police helmets are on.

Watch Now: www.ustream.tv...

John Avalos, member of the Board of Supervisors, is on his way.

The police have said that they will move in at 12:00 AM.

Call all city officials: sfpl.org...

MOBILIZE MOBILIZE MOBILIZE! THEY HAVE AGITATED THE BEAST! WE NEED PEOPLE HERE NOW, TOMORROW, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! WE MUST GROW! THE OCCUPATION MUST CONTINUE!

Five Department of Public Work's Trucks, Five Police vans, many police cruisers and over Fifty Police. Come now. Call media! We need legal observers now!

We just received this notice from the City police. Please come to the camp immediately. We need everyone we can. Please call Mayor Ed Lee, Board of Supervisors, and the District Attorney's office immediately. There is no date on the letter, there is no author. The letter is not official. Call them and leave a message NOW!

The Police chief has just spoken to us again. Although we have complied with removing shelters, he is still planning to arrest people.

I'd like to hear your explanation for the discrepancy between the quote you posted in the original post and the quote I posted, which is word for word copied from the website..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

To me, it seems that quote is just them saying have cameras around as an insurance policy. If the cops start arresting people en masse, or start getting violent against the peaceful protestors, they would want the MSM to be there so they could cover it and show Americans all around the country just how much of a police state we live in. At least that's what I took out of that quote.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
why do i get this weird feeling that fema camps are about to become a significance in this
edit on 6-10-2011 by Koopa34 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Koopa34

The so called FEMA camps will not be occupied by FEMA, they will be occupied by UN soldiers.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by MysticPearl

Just like you can not assume that the protestors are on their best behavior?

LOL
Yes...they best be on their best behavior. I don't want to see any sort of voice modulation device! And god forbid they forget to acquire the proper permits and licenses!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by morder1

Huh thats funny, I don't think anyone took an oath to defend the constitution accept for maybe the cops.

And uh yeah, getting in peoples way, looting, vandalizing, shutting down streets and businesses is not assembling peacefully der-dum-duh, thats why you need a permit.
edit on 6-10-2011 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

Shill a little harder why don't you?

The people you are sitting here arguing on behalf of do not give a god damn about you. Wake up.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSmokeydogg7

Obviously the cops decided not to let anybody withdraw money from the bank because they are protesting bankers I mean it's not rocket science here. What's the point of that video? The cops are just as human and just as moronic as the protesters.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It couldn't be any better said than this:

Warning: Profanity & Truth!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I am an hour or so north of st louis. I have friends down in that area. Am calling to see if they have a line on anything. I do however agree that in this day and age with so many people, so many cars, and lack of sanitation in these types of protests it is in the best interest of the protesters to stay non violent. Interfering with a normal persons work is grounds for the police to intervene. Also if there are sanitary issues, or any violence occurs.
then it is within the scope of the law to intervene. We shall see
DH

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join