It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something going on at Occupy San Fransisco and Occupy St Louis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The NYC Live stream is going nuts with people saying something big is going down between the police and protesters at SF...

Heres a LINK to the Notification the protesters recieved... To leave or be arrested

Sixty Department of Public Work's Trucks just showed up. Come now. Call media! We need legal observers now! We just received this notice from the City police. Please come to the camp immediately. We need everyone we can. Please call Mayor Ed Lee, Board of Supervisors, and the District Attorney's office immediately. There is no date on the letter, there is no author. The letter is not official. Call them and leave a message NOW!

Does anyone have any updates who live near there, or at the protests?
edit on 6-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

flagged it cuz the feed is blowing up about cops being at 3 different sites.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I can't tell... they don't seem to be talking about it right now. They're talking about how "crazy" it was in NYC today with 30,000 protesters attending and about 20 people being arrested.

The chat is blowing up with people questioning about SF and St Louis though. Wish we could get some answers. I'm curious.

Actually, they just said 7-10 people arrested in St Louis.. hmmm.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I hope they arrest everyone that gets out of line.

You have a right to assemble peaceably and protest. Provided that you have obtained a city permit and are respectful of the law.

But no one can guarantee your safety or those around you and if you are violent, vandalize and are lawless you should be arrested.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

well it looks like TPTB are starting to get a little worried, they are getting more aggressive now.
Its going to get alot worse im afraid.
star and flag for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Please dude, the cops are just doing their jobs.

You think they enjoy babysitting?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Im looking for more info on this to.

occupysf.com...

From what I see on their site, the police told them they cant have a camp set up at the place they are in the city. Here's what the notice they put up said. (The website is saying that there's no date or author on the letter so some dont believe it's official. I dont know if it is either, but police are showing up)

The City and County of San Francisco and its police department celebrate and protect the right of an individual to engage in free speech and of the right to assemble. However, this encampment is a violation of the law. For those involved in the encampment at the Federal Reserve Bank, you are in violation of one or more of the following local ordinances or state laws

It then goes on to list a few ordinance violations. At the end it says this.

Accordingly, you are being ordered to take down this structure. Refusal to comply and/or obstruction of our efforts to remove the structure may result in your arrest.

From what I can tell from the violations, they dont seem like hardcore crimes, just city-level stuff.

There's also a twitter feed on the right hand side down from the top a little bit on the website. Looking at the latest stuff posted, it seems the police are there asking them to take down the camp. The newest ones are saying they have a 30 minute dispersal warning. Plus, theres alot of 'tweets' saying to remain peaceful. I guess we will find out what happens in about 30 minutes

ETA - The notice was posted at 21:55.
edit on 6-10-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

ETA 2 - Some newer tweets are saying just the tents are being removed, but other tweets at the same time are saying they are kicking everyone out. I dont know which is true.

+47 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Shaade

Please dude, the cops are just doing their jobs.

You think they enjoy babysitting?

Neither you, nor anyone else knows if they're strictly doing their jobs or not, until more facts come out, now do we? You aren't there, nor did you provide any source to back up your statement.

So please dude, don't make baseless assumptions. Cops abuse their rights every damn day.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
OccupySF #OccupySF Fifty police and five paddy wagons blocking a lane of traffic on the corner of Market and Main around the corner from camp #OccupySF #OWS

Was one of the comments, not sure if its verified or not, if it is, its going to go off soon!

link   
Here ya go. From their FB page:

We just received this notice from the City police. Please come to the camp immediately. We need everyone we can. Please call Mayor Ed Lee, Board of Supervisors, and the District Attorney's office immediately. There is no date on the letter, there is no author. The letter is not official. Call them and leave a message NOW!

Mayor Ed Lee: (415) 554-6141
SF Board of Supervisors: (415) 554-5184
SF District Attorney: (415) 554-5184

JOIN US NOW! WE NEED YOU NOW!

Notice from the City and County of San Francisco (transcribed at camp)

Notice

The City and County of San Francisco and its police department celebrate and protect the right of an individual to engage in free speech and of the right to assemble. However, this encampment is a violation of the law. For those involved in the encampment at the Federal Reserve Bank, you are in violation of one or more of the following local ordinances or state laws:
· Open flames on a city street or sidewalk without a permit from the department of Public Works and the San Francisco Fire department (Section 105.6.32 Fire Code – open flame, LP Gas 3801.2 FC, Gas 105.6 and 105.7 FC)
· Disorderly conduct-lodging in any building, structure, vehicle, or place, whether public or private (647(e) Penal Code)
· Public nuisance 581 Health Code
· Preparing or serving food without a permit
· Permit required for temporary occupancy of the street and/or sidewalk
· Civil sidewalk violations (168 MPC)
Accordingly, you are being ordered to take down this structure. Refusal to comply and/or obstruction of our efforts to remove the structure may result in your arrest.
The City’s homeless outreach team will provide, for those whop wish, support for shelter. The Department of Public Works will store your property if you do not have the means to take it with you.

link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Just like you can not assume that the protestors are on their best behavior?

LOL

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

reply to post by MysticPearl

Just like you can not assume that the protestors are on their best behavior?

LOL

I didn't assume anything. I said wait until the facts come out.

There you go with another assumption.
You're doing great here.

+43 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I hope they arrest everyone that gets out of line.

You have a right to assemble peaceably and protest. Provided that you have obtained a city permit and are respectful of the law.

But no one can guarantee your safety or those around you and if you are violent, vandalize and are lawless you should be arrested.

Its funny, I dont see anything in the constitution about requiring permits...... Infact lets look at it shall we..

1st Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Isnt that what the cops took an oath to protect and uphold?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
live streeam.

twitcasting.tv...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Huh thats funny, I don't think anyone took an oath to defend the constitution accept for maybe the cops.

And uh yeah, getting in peoples way, looting, vandalizing, shutting down streets and businesses is not assembling peacefully der-dum-duh, thats why you need a permit.
edit on 6-10-2011 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Huh thats funny, I don't think anyone took an oath to defend the constitution accept for maybe the cops.

What exactly is your point with that post??

Maybe its cause its 2:30 AM, but it makes no sense to me

EDIT - Oh I see you added an extra line of nonsense...

Oh no they are in peoples way?!?!? Its a protest, your supposed to stir the pot, or else why would anyone listen to your demands?

What has been vandalized?

What businesses have shut down?

Again... The law of our land, the Constitution does not say anything about needing permits... its only nonsensical government intervention to help squash any dissent... the illusion of needing permits is the same as the illusion of money
edit on 6-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

What is the point in protesting about wealthy people you know nothing about.

Is it cause your so happy with Obama that you needed to find something else?

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

reply to post by morder1

What is the point in protesting about wealthy people you know nothing about.

Is it cause your so happy with Obama that you needed to find something else?

Who ever said anything about POTUS? I dont vote, and definitely wouldnt vote democrat or republican...

You just running out of troll ammo?

This thread is about posting info, and looking for more info from people in this thread... If you dont have anything to contribute to it, please go find another thread to hijack, obviously you have a grievance with OWS, or something

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Yeah and my problem with this thread is that you don't have any info, you and others are taking to the streets on baseless claims. You dont even know what you are protesting for or who you are protesting against.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

the illusion of money!
that's what i'm talking about!

everyone on the streets, be safe and be kind and keep us updated ;o

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join