It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This really could be the Beginning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by Buford2

So here's the thing. I hear a lot of people, those on ATS included, worried about a market crash and their stocks losing value. If you think the market will crash, why don't you sell a good portion of your positions and short the market? That's what I'm doing and many others are too.
edit on 6-10-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Thats a no brainer, however... there is more to it than personal stocks. If/when it crashes, those who have never owned a stock in their lives will be heavily effected. Its a domino effect that will be much more than we bargained for and far worse long term than the first crash/depression. Our global economies are much much more combined now and things will be just a horse of a different color.

Look on the bright side... if the dominos fall its truly the only chance we have to make REAL change ( barring that nutjob thing .. ) id love at some point the American Dream return to what it was or something better.. just not what it has been perverted into these days. The American dream today is being happy you have your bills paid and can take out some joke of a loan for an overprices POS stick and brick house and poorly made sports car. Our measurement of accomplishments and its outward manifestation of it is pretty screwy these days.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I don't think this OWS is going anywhere.
It will only get stronger.

The members of Occupy Wall Street may be as unwieldy, paradoxical, and inconsistent as those of us living in the real world. But that is precisely why their new approach to protest is more applicable, sustainable and actionable than what passes for politics today. They are suggesting that the fiscal operating system on which we are attempting to run our economy is no longer appropriate to the task. They mean to show that there is an inappropriate and correctable disconnect between the abundance America produces and the scarcity its markets manufacture. And in the process, they are pointing the way toward something entirely different than the zero-sum game of artificial scarcity favoring top-down investors and media makers alike.

www.cnn.com...

From all places,CNN!
edit on 6-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

You are so right. The people who lose their savings of the fake colored paper will be devestated but the ones who never had the pretty paper will also be destroyed. We are all equal when the fake colored paper is removed.

This will give us a chance to put together a new system. I actually hope we enter the Age of Aquarius.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
reply to post by Advantage

You are so right. The people who lose their savings of the fake colored paper will be devestated but the ones who never had the pretty paper will also be destroyed. We are all equal when the fake colored paper is removed.

This will give us a chance to put together a new system. I actually hope we enter the Age of Aquarius.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

You are perceiving the potential of a new system and what is required for it to come forth! Right on.

The current system is like a rotten tooth. It cannot be saved, nor should anyone bother trying to fix it. It WILL fall out. Keeping it in there is literally killing us. Tear it out i say, sure it will hurt for but a brief moment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join