It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This really could be the Beginning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm thinking about the current levels of civil unrest arround the globe. As far as I can remember this is unprecidented. Just of the tope of my head:

Greece - major clashes, tear gass Vs stone throwing etc.
Dubai - Ongoing forcefull crackdown against unheard of numbers of demonstrators in the small UAE country.
China - what was being talked of as the Jasmine Spring has been swiftly and thoroughly put doen. In Hong Kong, the only Chinese territory (since hanback from brittain in 1997) where protesting is legal, numerous prtests occured.

OWS - Occupy Everywhere as far as I can tell, I have lost count of how many cities are now involved. The US is mobalising? I hope so, I hope it continues to grow.

And that's not to mention the Arab spring uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt and Lybia, and the ongoinng unrest in Syria.

The people are making themselves heard, and I can't remember any other time in history when so many people have had so much to say. Couple that with the continued speculation about a 'double-dip' recession, and you have a serious mix of elements. When the economy crashes again soon - and it will, most people beleive that now - the mix might be just right for some major explosions.

I started a thread ages ago - The revolution starts in Spain - and was told that I was premature. Perhaps I was, but please watch this video again, and think about the possible outcomes if enough people join enough protests in enough cities.

This could be a rally cry for OWS too - the things they talk about, the issues are the same. Please watch this video again, and think about what is occuring all over the world.

The paranoia is in bloom, the PR
The transmissions will resume
They'll try to push drugs
Keep us all dumbed down and hope that
We will never see the truth around
(So come on!)

Another promise, another scene, another
A package not to keep us trapped in greed
With all the green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined
(So come on!)

Chorus
They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Interchanging mind control
Come let the revolution take its toll if you could
Flick the switch and open your third eye, you'd see that
We should never be afraid to die
(So come on!)

Rise up and take the power back, it's time that
The fat cats had a heart attack, you know that
Their time is coming to an end
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend

Chorus
They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

edit on 6-10-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I see what you mean. This will set up nicely to a large Stock market collapse. I predict Oct, 19. That was the same day as the one in 29 and 87.

They are the puppetmasters. They control the game. When the market tanks and millions lose what they had tied up in the market they will look for someone to blame. The gov will blame the people who were rioting. Order out of Chaos.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
I see what you mean. This will set up nicely to a large Stock market collapse. I predict Oct, 19. That was the same day as the one in 29 and 87.

They are the puppetmasters. They control the game. When the market tanks and millions lose what they had tied up in the market they will look for someone to blame. The gov will blame the people who were rioting. Order out of Chaos.

They'd like to think that is what is going to happen. But people will realize "Oh wait, werent the people at occupywallstreet saying this was happening right before it happened?!" and then TPTB will have a huge issue on their hands. Americans are well armed. And the military will not fire on its own people.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2

Yeah, you might be right. My dream is that enough people will be united in opposition. on the streets, flowers in hannds (This must be a peacefull revolution) that the governments of the worlds will be hog tied, to use an American expression lol.

I will certainly join any protests which occur neer my location. I hope millions of others will too, especially after the next collapse. Every homeless or unemployed person, or student saddled with huge debt, everyone.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I hope this works also but I see how the Gov. likes to play. Everything is Divide and Conquer. They set up the riots enable to crash the markets which destroys life savings in a single day. They have done this every other crash. Oct is used over and over. Part of their numerology and astrology game that we don't know enough about. I do feel the time for this BS three ring circus to come down is now. The end game is what I cannot seem to figure out in my head. It is all just a gut feeling but it makes sense to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

I am curious and concerned.

Who will be the new leaders of these various countries if everything collapses?

Has anyone thought beyond the fall? It won't be pretty.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The MSM are not going to ignore this, the Occupy Wall street protests have been going on for a little over three weeks, and now the MSM are covering it could be the beginning of the end IMO.
I was in Spain during the Indignant protests, there were tens of thousands in Barcelona and Madrid (I was in Malaga) there was no national MSM TV coverage until a few days before the local elections took place, a little over a week later the cameras went off the football went on and the police were unleashed on the protesters and the encampments they were allowed to put up were torn down within a few hours, they were allowed their moment of fame but the protest was finished.

I too thought that we were on the verge of a revolution...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I definitely think that Uprising is a rally cry. I've felt that about the song since it first came out. I had the occasion to see Muse in the summer of '10 and they opened with that song... 50,000 people in a park absolutely screaming those lyrics was a very potent and powerful feeling.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum
I definitely think that Uprising is a rally cry. I've felt that about the song since it first came out. I had the occasion to see Muse in the summer of '10 and they opened with that song... 50,000 people in a park absolutely screaming those lyrics was a very potent and powerful feeling.

Mate, I am sittinng here turning green with envy! Love this song, and deffinately a rally cry.

I don't know what happens after the revolution, probably will be messy. But it already is. I am not a beleiver in better the devil you know.

Frank Zappa put it very nicely (As we are on a musical note) Without deviation from the norm there can be no progress. (Or something allong those lines)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

It was a great experience, even for a demophobe like me.

re: the Zappa quote... I begin to think, more and more, that the only way out of the mess we're in (besides learning to have empathy and compassion for our fellow man again) is going to have to be via some very out of the box thinking. We, as a society, have tried so many systems in our history, and we've yet to find the one that really works. There has to be a solution somewhere, but it's going to take some creativity and willingness to leave behind the concepts we're so married to at the moment, methinks!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If we're not careful the end result will be a world war.
Many people have predicted this and I think they are spot on.
Like Gerald Celente said, currency wars, trade wars then world war.
Whether the global civil unrest leads directly to war or whether war is created as a "reset" button, I think it is very likely to happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
we've tried everything, left-center-right, nothing seems to work. I think nihilism is here like Nietzsche saw. Nihilism says "there is no truth, and everything is permitted". The system, in my opinion is going down, I see more of a mad max world, or maybe the End. Sorry to bring back nihilism, but nihilism leads to distruction.....just my thoughts

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

So here's the thing. I hear a lot of people, those on ATS included, worried about a market crash and their stocks losing value. If you think the market will crash, why don't you sell a good portion of your positions and short the market? That's what I'm doing and many others are too.
edit on 6-10-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Yes they will. Hitler's army killed many of its own citizens.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I did that last year.

I dont fear the markets crashing because I now realize they are set up to crash. The Markets are part of this BS three ring circus. The Elites control the markets just like everything else. It is all lies.

Peace to you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ola Amigo from us lot in Espana, you are correct we started the movement here on may 15. we have not stopped since then, the media mostly ignored us after the first few weeks and some people went back to their homes. But we are still here and it's great to see the occupy movement catching up with los indignados.
Viva la revolution siempre!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i hope this continues to grow and grow more cites bigger crowds

but sadly i see this ending with no change

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeasabee1
we've tried everything, left-center-right, nothing seems to work. I think nihilism is here like Nietzsche saw. Nihilism says "there is no truth, and everything is permitted". The system, in my opinion is going down, I see more of a mad max world, or maybe the End. Sorry to bring back nihilism, but nihilism leads to distruction.....just my thoughts

Not quite. All economies that involve trade have used the capitalist model even the likes of Russia and China ( ie most money in the hands of the few). The soviets and maoists had a protectionist economy run by dictators (ie money in the hands of even fewer than a capitalist economy!)

The biggest flaw of all is the obsession with growth. Growth assumes a limitless supply of resources which we know is just plainly false. Whilst a minority of the world (post WWII west) grew the vast majority of the world was stagnant. This works fine for the few. Things are different now. Economies can't cope because the model is flawed and the people in countries all round the world can see it is just not working.

We need to change to a sustainable economy as opposed to a growing economy. We need to make more efficient use of the resources we have and use technology to achieve that. However, there is a very important point : resources are finite, including the money supply. This means the money supply MUST be more evenly distributed in order to achieve a sustainable economy. This is totally opposite what right wing politics pursues. Now I'm sure most people on the right honestly believe in growth as a solution and growth brings the poor "up". However, it is quite clear a lot of financiers, bankers etc know that that is false which is why they are aggressively pursing actions that concentrate as much money as possible in their hands NOW.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

Market Collapse and War.

That is WHY OWS has been co-opted by PEACE and LOVE.

We already know what they are going to try and do.

We already know the people in China, Russia and Iran are like us. The people there demand PEACE and freedom just like us.

"They" dominate the world with violence. And coerce with money and guilt and violent threat.

It's over. The real sustainable system of sharing, the REAL system of freedom and liberty is about to take hold. They sell defeatism in cloaked in false hope, they sell violence cloaked in false peace, they sell poverty cloaked in false prosperity.

Time to be brave and have faith in what you know is real.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

I love your optomism, and I hope you are right.

I love the scene inn the video I posted where there are guys sitting down behind a police barricade, holding up flowers. I say we all sit and wave our flowers at the police - immagine a whole nation sitting in peace, waiting for change. I hope you are tight, and this goes forwards.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join