It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIBIRU PSYOP: Is there any validity in the astronomical event shown in the movie "Melancholia"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I just watched the movie "Melancholia", of Lars Von Trier. It's not a blockbuster, I guess it didn't get much attention from the public, I mean, I least from the people who are not tuned in conspiracy theories, what's the absolute majority of society. But I think the ATSers might know what it's about. Even those who didn't see the movie. It's the first movie openly treating about the question of a 4x Jupiter size body (in the case here, a planet called "Melancholia") passing through the inner system, hidden behind the sun and aligning close enough to Earth, to cause an E.L.E.

Despite the fact that this movie is not a blockbuster, with lots of action and filled with thrilling 3D FX, Lars Von Trier captured the deep essence of the human fear of a planetary cataclysm with some sort of bucolic touch, that makes the movie remarkable. But make NO mistakes: This is a blatant psyop flick about the myth of NIBIRU and made to let people scared, depressed and paralyzed, not informed.

I'm not an astronomer and I pretty much suck in physics, but I think the astronomical event shown in this movie couldn't happen the way it's depicted. I mean it takes a dump in the laws of physic.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

How come a planet this big and this close, approaches and drags Earth to a collision, without causing any disturbance in our orbit or Moon's orbit?? There's an astronomer in the movie, played by Kiefer Sutherland, the faithful stereotype of the self-confident arrogant scientist who believes that scientists don't make mistakes. By the middle of the movie he makes a comment about this planet Melancholia had passed by all other planets of the inner system without disrupting their orbits. For the record: The orbit of Melancholia is elongated elliptical and perpendicular to the plane of the ecliptic, like NIBIRU's orbit supposedly is.

In few days Melancholia comes from behind the sun and they start to see it as a second moon in the sky. Later it's so close that it's possible to see its sea, land, atmosphere, clouds to the naked eye. Though no orbital disruption is reported in the movie. No earthquakes, no volcanic activity, no tsunamis, no hurricanes and everything that should be triggered by a gravity pull of a body that big and that close to Earth. Two disturbances are shown in the movie: An electromagnetic disruption and atmospheric suction and in just few hours it hits Earth.

Does anybody here can validate or invalidate the astronomical events depicted in this movie??? And please don't give me the "it's just a movie" BS. It's not only a movie. It's a clear and obvious psyop about an event that is being feared and expected by mankind, flagged by MSM, denied by NASA and being used by TPTB for purposes of NWO. I just wanna see the takes of ATSers about the mechanics and physics data shown in this movie.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The US release date is November 11, 2011. [insert DOOM string score here].

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to it. The screenshot of Kirsten Dunst lying on the river bank is the kind of psy-op I eagerly welcome. Yes please!
edit on 6-10-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Similar thread I authored

Dude I'm honestly a little worried for you. It seems everything you see is a 'psyop'.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
It's the first movie openly treating about the question of a 4x Jupiter size body (in the case here, a planet called "Melancholia") passing through the inner system, hidden behind the sun and aligning close enough to Earth, to cause an E.L.E.

arxiv.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I saw it. I really liked it....VERY CREEPY.
. I felt a LOT of deja vu while watching it. Maybe from all the Nibiru threads
I don't want to say too much about it and spoil it for everyone. It is a very slow paced movie but it really made it for me in the end. I can't help you with any of the scientific stuff, I am not that informed when it comes to that sort of thing. Just thought I'd chime in and say it's worth a watch. The ending was very powerful.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I don't know. Not many planet collisions to take notes from. I think you hit it on the head. Long before anything that big gets close, there should be some sort of effect. Even if it is just massive tides at the minimum. Then again, I have not witnessed any planets colliding.
Not seen the movie, I admit. Looks interesting though.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Similar thread I authored

Dude I'm honestly a little worried for you. It seems everything you see is a 'psyop'.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Are you worried about me?? How friendly... But don't bother with what other people see. Bother with what you don't. Anyway if you feel uncomfy with theories about psyops, there's always time for you to go check what Snooki and "The Situation" are doing on Jersey Shore.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

Surely it's a very interesting movie. Too bad it's sort of being ignored by public. I would love to see NASA takin on that collision scene.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm watching it this weekend, I have too much on my plate during the week.

You may want to warn people before you spell the movie out for them next time...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Allow me to add this to the mix;

Such importance, this subject seems to carry...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Since there's a screener version available in torrent websites, I thought people already would have seen it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
To anyone thinking of watching this: The movie is presented in two acts. If you're interested in the killer planet aspect of the movie you can literally skip the first act and not miss a beat starting off on act 2. The first act is solely about dealing with severe depression with absolutely no mention of the approaching planet (aside from one or two foreshadowing remarks). It's very slow, and there's a very good possibility that the main character will get on your nerves

Not to say act 1 is bad. Personally I've enjoyed every one of LvT's movies so I was expecting the slow pace, but it's definitely not for everyone. I'd say that if you watch it and find yourself saying that you can't stand the movie after the first 10 minutes just go ahead and skip to act 2 and give it another shot.

In any case, I thought the movie was good but I didn't come away with it thinking that there was any conspiracy involved. IMO the movie really wasn't even about the killer planet, rather the whole thing was about coming to terms with depression.
edit on 6-10-2011 by jokerzwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What's the purpose of this supposed 'psyop' anyway? To get us used to the idea of an extinction caused by a collision? To make us alarmed about the idea? Who has anything to gain from this, about an event over which no one would have control anyway? It seems a spectacularly inefficient way to achieve any kind of psychological warfare.

What's happening is that Lars Von Trier probably soaked up the Planet X/asteroid collision chatter and then realised it would be a good central image for a film about the nature of depression. Simple and boring I know, but probably quite likely the truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

If anything, the planet in this film is even more of a metaphor than the planet in 'Melancholia'.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Or we could just stare at clouds and see faces, much like you seem to do.

top topics

join