It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush began Iraq plan before 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is an old article, but very important. I don't believe most Americans have seen this, unfortunately.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

Bush began Iraq plan pre-9/11, O'Neill says

WASHINGTON -- President Bush and his senior aides began plotting the invasion of Iraq just days after he took office in January 2001 and not, as the administration has indicated, after terrorists struck against the United States eight months later, according to former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, who was forced from his post in December 2002.

In an interview scheduled to air tonight on CBS News' "60 Minutes," O'Neill derided what he considered the administration's intent from the start to remove Saddam Hussein by force.

"From the very beginning, there was a conviction that Saddam Hussein was a bad person and that he needed to go," O'Neill told the news program, according to excerpts released yesterday. "For me, the notion of preemption, that the US has the unilateral right to do whatever we decide to do, is a really huge leap."

White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan said yesterday that Hussein "was a threat to peace and stability before Sept. 11, and even more of a threat after Sept. 11."

www.boston.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If you want to destroy a nation and its people, what is the best way to do it? Remember this also, this nation has a military. The members of which have family. ( Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers and children.) You can't overcome the population with brute force cause they own too many firearms and are not going to be sold without a fight, once they realize they have been betrayed.

So!! What do they do? They send our men and women in uniform to war. Making up false accusations and complete lies and fabrications to invade and destroy a foreign country. As a footnote, "The Enemy" in uniform was defeated quickly and yet we have stayed for a decade. If you add to that the deaths and mutilations of our beloved young men and women, our children, it's not a stretch to start to wonder, if maybe it's purpose is to destroy our military who should be here at home defending us from the lies and deceivers that have and continue to invade our privacey.
Thx op for the thread..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I remember the first week that George W. Bush took office, he was on TV saying " I'm a wartime president!"

That's when I opened my eyes on to what is going on! Then he went on to talk about Saddam and what not, and that he was gonna finish the job that his daddy started! Go figure.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

Yes I distinctly recall late one night seeing GWB on an American news show justifying his actions against the Iraqis by saying (about Saddam) "He tried to kill my dad!" I thought to myself...'Does this guy think he's living in some kind of bad kung-fu movie?'

top topics

join