It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anwar Al-Awlaki and The Constitution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Some grade A reporting by Ben Swann on Cincinnati's WXIX 19.. He breaks down the order to kill US Citizen Anwar Al-Awlaki and how it relates (or doesn't) to the Constitution.

The slow but steady erosion of our Constitutional rights in the name of terrorism is a slippery slope and scares me half to death.. I hate to imagine what more instances like this could end up meaning for the rest of us

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ah yes, slippery slope indeed. One day the government is killing internationally wanted terrorist leaders, the next its your children.

How far have we fallen?
edit on 5-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Simply because someone is an "enemy of the state" does not make them any less a United States Citizen. The United States has neither declared war, nor enacted a state of war on any enemy since World War 2. The idea that an American Citizen can be bombed in a neutral nation, without a judge or jury, by word of only the President of the United States, is, by all accounts, a completely unconstitutional and dangerous precidental act.

Today it is the "head" of Al-Qaeda. Tomorrow it is "rogue citizens" . Where does it end?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Let's debunk this shall we?

Dude became a threat the second he swore his allegiance to the enemy. American or not you get dealt with the same way dude got his. We get a little touchy feelly and emotional when it comes to allegiance. Swear it to the USA above all others and you're good, wish for her destruction and watch what happens.

He declared himself an enemy of America and swore on it's destruction. Does this not matter? Does the fact he was involved in terror attacks not mean a thing. His actions led to the death of our servicemen directly.

How's that for nearly $10 Million in saved money for food, housing, healthcare, electricity for what would've been the rest of his life?

There would've been a massive firefight that would've gotten friendly's killed if we'd attempted to storm the compound from the ground. In situations of ground base near impenetrable exterior the preferred strategy and game plan is an assault by air. Far more effective and less costly plus an added advantage is as long as they don't have long range spotters, radar, sonar, thermal-graphic imagery or microwave surveillance equipment positioned at increments of like 10mi, 50mi, and 100 mi out from base you ain't seeing it coming and the potential of a successful counterstrike from the ground be nil.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Let's debunk this shall we?

Dude became a threat the second he swore his allegiance to the enemy. American or not you get dealt with the same way dude got his. We get a little touchy feelly and emotional when it comes to allegiance. Swear it to the USA above all others and you're good, wish for her destruction and watch what happens.

He declared himself an enemy of America and swore on it's destruction. Does this not matter? Does the fact he was involved in terror attacks not mean a thing. His actions led to the death of our servicemen directly.

How's that for nearly $10 Million in saved money for food, housing, healthcare, electricity for what would've been the rest of his life?

There would've been a massive firefight that would've gotten friendly's killed if we'd attempted to storm the compound from the ground. In situations of ground base near impenetrable exterior the preferred strategy and game plan is an assault by air. Far more effective and less costly plus an added advantage is as long as they don't have long range spotters, radar, sonar, thermal-graphic imagery or microwave surveillance equipment positioned at increments of like 10mi, 50mi, and 100 mi out from base you ain't seeing it coming and the potential of a successful counterstrike from the ground be nil.

That's all assuming what you've been told is the truth

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

If you have some kind of evidence that confirms otherwise I suggest you spill the beans.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

If you have some kind of evidence that confirms otherwise I suggest you spill the beans.

Do your own homework. This is about an American citizen getting assassinated without charges or trial. If that doesn't frighten you in the slightest then I can't help you.

I suggest you start educating yourself on the origins of al qaeda.. all I'm saying is if there were a faction of the power brokers of this world who wanted to strategically undermine the constitution to further their agenda of control (which there is), then terrorism would be the most convenient thing that ever happened for them

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

lol ok then. By all means, defend the terrorist. I'm sure our troops appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What are you guys talking about? This country NEVER was a real democratic republic that followed the constitution. . . . It was born in genocide [Native Americans] and slavery [Africans].

Look at its history after those periods when it colonized Panama, Philippines, stole parts of Mexico, and many countries it overthrew leaders such as in the Dominican Republic, Iran, and Chile and many others.

America never has been what you think it was!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Do your own homework. This is about an American citizen getting assassinated without charges or trial. If that doesn't frighten you in the slightest then I can't help you.

I suggest you start educating yourself on the origins of al qaeda.. all I'm saying is if there were a faction of the power brokers of this world who wanted to strategically undermine the constitution to further their agenda of control (which there is), then terrorism would be the most convenient thing that ever happened for them

oh crap.

too bad. i am not afraid. are you? what do you have to hide?

are you american or some neo-euro chump that likes to stick his nose in the american whatever?

give us a lecture on al-kida.

it should keep you busy for about an hour. you will get many stars!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
What are you guys talking about? This country NEVER was a real democratic republic that followed the constitution. . . . It was born in genocide [Native Americans] and slavery [Africans].

Look at its history after those periods when it colonized Panama, Philippines, stole parts of Mexico, and many countries it overthrew leaders such as in the Dominican Republic, Iran, and Chile and many others.

America never has been what you think it was!

really?

you are running with this?

move to the phillipines.

it's great you could get a young bride no matter how you look!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

look,
educate yourself about being an enemy of the state. we find you, you are dead.

so how does this turn into financial BS?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Since when does the right care about the Constitution or Constitutional rights? Wasn't it the GOP who wanted to strip Confirmed Enemy Combatants of their rights and all of a sudden wish to care now? Can you say, hypocrite?

So sorry, can't have it both ways. If you don the enemy's uniform and spew their rhetoric guess what? Same will happen to you American citizen or not.

I know full well that al-Qaida is a CIA creation but when someone willingly joins their cause they are an Enemy Of The State.
edit on 6-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
You're never going to be able to convince some people that this was not a victory in the fight against terrorism, but a shot across the bow against the constitution and our personal rights.

Regardless of what this man said or did, he was still an American citizen and the rights granted to us should be the primary concern.

He never legaly renounced his citizenship, his rights were still legaly intact and that trumps all!

A couple of you took part in another thread that made that point quite clear, yet you still continue to spit out the propagandistic lies. I find it amazing how people can pick and choose when we defend our constitutional rights.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You are very entertaining, my friend(wink-wink). Perhaps you should take the issue up with congress.Or hold a protest in al-Awaki's honor.

edit on 6-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It's good to see this thread got a healthy dose of flamers flaming in the very first page (/sarcasm)

I totally agree op. This thread is not arguing about wether this guy was a terrorist or not. The purpose of this thread is to inform the fact that Anwar IS an American Citizen, and was not given a trial or had any substantial evidence presented in court- it wasn't proven in or even taken to court/i]-. This was an order given by the POTUS to assassinate Anwar.

The question this thread is trying to make you ask yourself, basically, is:

Whats stopping the government from assassinating you or me? Not the lack of a trial or charges being laid.
Whats stopping the government from labelling me or you as a terrorist? Not the lack of a trial or charges being laid.

edit on 6-10-2011 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

its obvious what is going on here, obama is the head of the corporate democracy, not the head of the constitutional republic, the constitution was thrown out the window in 1933 with the passage of the new deal, and the abolishment of constitutional money, it all started back with the new deal, since then we have been living with 2 goverments, #1 the constitutional republic, witch has been sweeped under the rug, and #2 the corporate democracy, it is no wonder that he can issue kill orders with no charges or trial, the constitution is non existant in the corporate democracy, it is all codes and statutes that apply to corporate employees, are you a corporate employee, im not

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

it is not about defending terrorists, its about defending our rights under the constitution man, regardless of what he says or does he is still an american, witch should afford him certin rights, today it is terrorists, tommorow it will be you and me bud, on some dreamed up bull crap, it is already happening, the patriot act has already deamed all american citezens domestic terrorists

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

you said it does not matter that he is an enemy of the state, the question i would ask is, what state are you talking about? the constitutional republic? if thats what you were refering to then your right. if you are refering to U.S.A inc. then it does not matter that he is a us citezen, he broke company policy, and since policy that is all that matters in the U.S.A inc then he is guilty in accordance with policy

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2
Whats stopping the government from assassinating you or me? Not the lack of a trial or charges being laid.
Whats stopping the government from labelling me or you as a terrorist? Not the lack of a trial or charges being laid.

edit on 6-10-2011 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

Very good questions which is the crux of all these Anwar threads.

Let's face it - NO ONE can stop ANYONE from assassinating you or me. Even I can do it silently without any trial or charges, and even on the simpliest excuse such as not liking the way you stare at me.

What truly stops us from killing one another are LAWS that had been agreed upon by a civilise society, of moralities, ethics, rewards and penalties involved to keep the peace. Many will attribute it to religous behaviour that makes us more cautious in our dealings for we believe in a higher power than mortal man.

Then there are those whom do not subscribe to such notions. Nothing wrong. What keeps them from doing so is so that they have a quiet night sleep in peace and not be haunted by the memories of a wrong or wrongs done to another fellow human.

But the worse kind will be those whom have no moralities or misguided sense of moralities born out of irrational minds, and will neither bother with society or its laws.

The main point right now is - about the gov and its governance. How does one prevent the gov from assasinating him or giving him a dog labet and hanging him?

The solution lays with the People, for the gov are only elected representatives of the People. It is your choice that gives him power of life and death, in both times of peace and war. Make sure you vote correctly, for ultimately, it is your responsibility as the powers of vote comes with it.

A responsibility to ensure that he protects the innocents, regardless if american or non american, and prosecutes the beasts, regardless if american or non-americans within laws laid down by society for the conduct of times in either peace and war.

Sophistry perhaps, but nevertheless only truths and practicalities of life. Pour through the legislations of what and whom are defined as threats to society, and you will be in a better informed frame of mind of what the gov can do or cannot do to you, to discuss and debate for it to remain, to be improved or to be changed altogether, rather than to pick illusions of fear from out of the air.

<<   2  3 >>

join