It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pardon Me But...There's Something Wrong With Steve Jobs' Death...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well, Patrick Swayze was filming that show "The Beast" while he was in advanced stages of pancreatic cancer, and I would imagine he was pretty weak. I was looking at a slideshow of pictures of Steve Jobs on Yahoo!, and you can tell he was very sick. He was very thin and even somewhat pale.

However, I do not put anything past TPTB these days. Something very well could have happened to him that would appear as though cancer were the culprit. Stranger things have happened. Hopefully that is not the case, and may Steve Jobs rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Full Disclosure: I started programming in 8th grade on an Apple II+ and then moved to an Apple IIe. That was the last Apple computers I used for personal use. After the Navy, I worked toward Windows and UNIX. I work at a company where the CEO is huge into the America's Cup racing, and won last time around (shouldn't be too hard to figure out who that is). Needless to say, Solaris has been the main UNIX type system I've worked on for the past several years. I've worked with Macs several times, and I find them "okay", but I really didn't really see all the hype, especially since they switched to a standard processor. I've never been an Apple "fan boy" by any means. I own an Android, a PC at home with Windows an Linux, and generally steer clear of anything "Apple". It's not just the product, but the users that have been a put off for me.

Now, onto my point about this topic. I think it's sick that someone would take this man's death and try and spin it into a conspiracy. I personally think it's disrespectful on so many levels. This guy has struggled against this evil disease for the better part of a decade, and finally lost his battle. It was no surprise this was coming. He looked awful the last 6 months, and he knew things weren't good. You can bet the farm that he had the best oncologists caring for him, and he was told he didn't have long. Then, he stepped down. Probably to just "live" what little bit of life he had left, take care of loose ends, and have peace of mind. Unless someone's been living in a cave, his death should not have been a shock. My only surprise is that he held on as long as he did.

I'll miss Mr. Jobs. He was an innovator, and is directly responsible for who and where I am today with my career. His Apple II+ was my springboard into technology and becoming an engineer. The world is a worse place now that he's gone, and it will be hard, if not impossible for anyone to fill his shoes. It makes me sad that you'd go down this road, with a man of his caliber. Seriously.

But, we all get to think what we want, and I respect your right to think it's a conspiracy of some type. I just don't agree.

You and I are on the same page my friend. I too have a very similar story to yours as I am also an IT PRO. Without Steve Jobs I would have no job today on the computer field. I started out with the same apple computer as you and the first PC 8086 model to ever come out on the 80's. If it wasn't for Steve Jobs and Bill Gates my field of computing would be nowhere and this site wouldn't be here. We all owe this man our respect for changing our world. He gave us everything we have today with anything related to a PC. He even gave us all the cool looking fonts we all have on our PC's. People don't understand what he did.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

what is that saying, that Steve Jobs had HIV/AIDs?

anyways, i was reading up on pancreatic cancer and the prognosis/survival rate looks grim:

"Pancreatic cancer often has a poor prognosis: for all stages combined, the 1- and 5-year relative survival rates are 25% and 6%, respectively;[1] for local disease the 5-year survival is approximately 20%[1][3] while the median survival for locally advanced and for metastatic disease, which collectively represent over 80% of individuals,[3] is about 10 and 6 months respectively." wiki

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I haven't read all the reply posts, so I don't know if you've been given an answer....

But I just heard about a woman, a friend of my mother's, who was as fit as a fiddle, then one day she found out she had breast cancer, and a week later, dead!
So yeah, cancer can kill you pretty fast, at least for some people.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

There are rumors circulating he was spotted in Denver the weekend of Sept. 26th, 2011...could he be moving into a luxury bunker prior to the arrival of YU55 or Nibiru?? Or a major event horizon?? WW III???

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Forgive me for saying this...but I'm rather sad today seeing Steve Jobs pass. It hits a bit close to home for personal reasons. So, it's with that in mind I suggest that some areas of life really are a bit tacky for hunting conspiracy theories without anything but an idea for support or foundation.

Yes yes, no evidence at all, it's just my mind doing funny things as usual.

I mean no disrespect in this thread, I was simply asking you guys your opinion on this one.

That picture a couple of posts above is terrible...

Fair enough, OP. You'll have to excuse me on this topic. I watched my Father enter the hospital about a year and a half ago with a chronic cough and COPD diagnosis. 11 very hard days later, he was dead from 'aggressive' stage IV lung cancer. No one had even heard the word Cancer before those 11 days began. He'd been weak and having serious trouble, but the first hit of Chemo was a fatal one.......it just took a couple additional days for his body to follow where the Chemo hit had already taken his mind. It was traumatic, horrible and something I'll never get out of my head to the day I die.

In fact, if I get cancer I WILL accept my own passing before I allow a bag of Chemo treatment in the same ROOM with me. Then came being the only living heir to handle the estate up to just the last few weeks when it closed out, as it happens for timing.

So...again, I didn't mean to attack you directly, OP. The whole cancer topic from 'Miracle Cures they keep secret'..to 'miracle cures' that are supposed to be right in our own kitchens already...to a suggestion like this. I don't know. Prior to this experience..I might have thrown my two cents in, likely supporting the question you raised. Living through such a horrible experience though....it took any theoretical or even passing levity out of the entire subject...

Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs. Those of us who grew up using your inventions, will never forget you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I saw my brother-in-law the one day, the next day he was diagnosed with Leukemia, and he still looked fine. The day after that he went for chemotherapy, and from that day on, he was in ICU, until he died, 14 days after he started with chemo...... Steve had cancer for a couple of years, and he kept on looking worse and worse every time I saw a picture of his, and when he resigned from Apple not too long ago, I knew that he would die soon... A guy like that would work until the very last....

But yes, I loved the Apple II, I love my Iphone, Ipod and Ipad, but he never allowed the user too much control, that is why I am still a Linux/Windozze fan, but he was a great visionary, he drove innovation, always found new ways to do things. Look what happened to Apple after he was outsted by John Scully ....... I wonder if Apple will still be a factor in any market a year from now.

R.I.P Steve Jobs, one of the great visionaries of our era

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

honestly...I think you hang out on conspiracy sites too much.....the poor man had pancreatic cancer....let him rest in peace....I'd hate for him to be "Elvised"

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
hes dead did u see the last pic of him

the man is dead and gone no conspiracy here

the iphone will sell like hotcakes no need to fake a death

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Let me tell you something OP...

My girlfriends dad was told he had cancer in the spring. During summer he went through surgery and chemo. He started to look better and they thought they had gotten it all. Then suddenly he relapsed. It had metastasized to his organs from his colon.

He went straight back on treatment.

One day, he went into the bedroom to take a nap. My mother in law found him across the bed unconscious.
He had brain hemorrage and he died 2 days later in the fall of that year..... I'll always remember it because that day the sun was shining and it was the height of the time where the leaves turn deep red before falling off the trees.

Cancer is a disgusting disease. It can literally kill you in a very short time, or the other things that come with will.

The point being... my dad in law was, considering the message he had just had, in good spirits and was able to wrong around normally like everyone else 2 days before he died.

What's wrong is that it's so damn tragic.
edit on 6/10/11 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

OP, I think you could be on to something.

Any big money rakers in this world are usually surrounded with the dark cats whose interest is in propaganda, money, fame, and ritual.

Now, since Obama isn't doing much to boost jobs, at least this story of Steve Jobs death will really give the " Jobs" name a ratings boost and boost Iphone 5 sales. Too bad that the number 5 also has occult meaning in satanic circles. Perhaps Steve Jobs fell into the hands of the same people that Stanley Kubrick did.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Pocky because: typos

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
my father was diagnosed with bowel cancer over 25 years ago and he was like a skeleton when he died in hospital 10 months later. he was well built before he got it and i can`t think of a worst disease for anyone. i saw him in agony even with morphine and if i got it i would drive off a cliff than go through that. just shows you that even with his billions of dollars and contacts, no-one is immune or can stop dying......

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Here are two other images, taken August 27, 2011:

I understand why it might seem odd that he seemed to have a lot of fight in him, especially dealing with a lawsuit and a myriad of other responsibilities, but this man wasn't ordinary. Steve Jobs had a rare work ethic, and most people never truly saw it because he would do his best to shy away from any sort of spotlight or what was exactly going on with him. Afterall, he didn't really share the details of his illness until 2009 when the board of directors for Apple essentially forced him to because it was a concern for investors. This is a man who never quit unless he absolutely had to.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Patrick Swayze was fighting the same cancer while filming a t.v. show.
Nothing unusual about guys who prefer to remain active til their last moments rather than lay in a bed fretting for months prior.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Gab1159

Patrick Swayze was fighting the same cancer while filming a t.v. show.
Nothing unusual about guys who prefer to remain active til their last moments rather than lay in a bed fretting for months prior.

that is the way I would rather die too.... I have seen to many spending their last months in bed, hell, rather give me all the pain-killing drugs that you can, but please allow me to go out with a bang, with some dignity, rather than being a vegetable for a couple of months longer......

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159

Now I must first say I don't know much about cancers, but his has me wondering. I would think that a week prior to a cancer death, you wouldn't have the necessary energy to fight a big fat corporation and their lawyers in court...Am I wrong?

Yes something is WAY wrong with you.

For the love of God man, really? He doesn't need to be in court. And even if he was in court do you think he's in hand to hand combat with the opposing lawyers? And cancer can be a very slow and painful process as was the case with Steve Jobs.

The rest of your post was to idiotic to respond to. On the conspiracy theory scale of likelihood this would fall under:

crap I can't unread

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I would think that a week prior to a cancer death, you wouldn't have the necessary energy to fight a big fat corporation and their lawyers in court...Am I wrong?

That's the difference between an ordinary person such as yourself and someone like Steve Jobs.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join