It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRENDING: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

If you're dissatisfied with the economy, or unemployed, Herman Cain thinks you should take a long, hard look in the mirror.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal posted Wednesday, the up-and-coming GOP 2012 contender and former CEO of Godfather's Pizza summed up his bewilderment about recent demonstrations on Wall Street.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

ok so this is my fault........i have a job but im FAR from rich and thats my fault....ummmm Mr.Cain I had stocks and some money but........i lost a majority of it.
but thats my fault......thank you for turning the table away from your precious banks. thank you

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Well I wasn't going to vote for him anyway.

They have created two classes. Elite and poor. Everything in the middle has been erased.

edit on 5-10-2011 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Haha.. yep that's right folks, we're in 2011 now. The banks have totally changed their ways in the past 3 years. Who the #does he think he's kidding??? They haven't changed in over 100 years! But 3 years is supposed to make some dramatic difference? C'mon, these people are grasping at straws now! The desperation... It's pathetic!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

"Don't blame Wall Street," Cain said. "Don't blame the big banks. If you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself.

The conservative radio talk show host described the protests as "planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration, though he admitted he didn't "have the facts to back this up.""

This reads like the frakking Onion. I am flabbergasted at this. He really said that? I wish it were the Onion, it would be laughable.

So everyone who is unemployed should blame themselves for it, huh?

Nice logic.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
this just bugs me because we didn't want this but its OUR fault. I DONT THINK SO. I i wasnt the bank that gave out the bad loan, I wasnt the manufacturer that jaked the price up causing the price at the grocer to go up(well i might have contributed to the velveeta inflation), i wasn't the person that jacked up the price of gas, i rarely drive. so now that we know its not my fault and you proclaim its not your fault whose fault is it?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Looks like we have ourselves another Puppet waiting for his chance to demonize society and point fingers. I can't see him going far with that attitude, he'll have to try harder to fool the American public into voting for him like Obama did

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Sadly it was cnn. and he's not getting my vote and neither is perry, nor romney nor obama. and if they magically get elected im magically moving out of the country i will claim im from some other country.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
What a completely ignorant statement.

Herman Cain: Ferderal Reserve Champion, Tea Party Champion

www.theatlantic.com...

Although it hasn't gotten much attention, he was actually chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank in the mid-1990s. That's the epitome of the Establishment and the opposite of the tea party.[/ex

From 1992 to 1996, Herman served as a director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in the capacities of deputy chairman and then chairman of the Board.

"His views were pretty consistent with those of the Fed at the time. Alan Greenspan was, of course, chairman and Herman was in lock stop with the policies of the Fed." Jennings added that this was not atypical; he could not recall a single dissent from anyone during this three-year term.

So Cain's an insider posing as an outsider. Oh, and he's a Bildeberger attendee.
How can people be SO dense as to think Cain's just some average hard working joe.
Errr, my head hurts.

edit on 5-10-2011 by robyn because: add link

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Great news, folks! Our political candidates on BOTH sides are getting dumberer.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
its all the contrails and pills
thats all i can think of.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Damn right!! Herman Cain is SO WRONG! Doesn't he know that we are supposed to

BLAME BUSH!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Theoretically he is right in many ways.

I have seen others make poor investment and career choices that were dead ends. Heck I am guilty of some poor choices, not taking opportunities when given that could have lead to high paying jobs.

In terms of my investments, my choices kept me from losing money while the choices of others I knew cost them thousands or more.

Through hesitation, ignorance, fear, or even our own shortcomings, people have missed out or lost. We have to be honest with ourselves and take responsibility.

Success in finance requires us to be informed. It requires confidence in ourselves. We have to know our limitations and adapt around them. We have to plan for the long term. Most importantly we have to know when and where to take risks.

I have seen others splurge on possessions, dining out and travel, while they wonder why they have no money. I have seen people try to support a stay at home wife and then have mutiple children, while they wonder why they have no money. When people do those things they must take responsibility, but it hurts. Its very painful when we have to face the fact that we made choices and took actions that cost us, but if we face it, we can learn from it and adapt.

I know there are times when circumstances are totally beyond our control, but we still have to be proactive even in those times. If we fail to take action in those moments, it can result in even more damage. We also have to plan and be ready for these times.

I know that we have qualities that can limit our success, but if we face them and understand them, we can adapt to them. We may not end up as billionaires, but we can retire comfortably if we know and understand our limits as a person.

Lastly, sometimes we have to make hard and painful choices to achieve success. There are things we may not like or want, but in order for us reach our goals we have to make those tough choices.

If we don't do these things, its setting us up for failure and we have no one to blame but ourselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

no biden specifically said to blame obama not bush.

Biden: Voters should blame Obama, not Bush, for economy

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Vice President Joe Biden told Florida radio station WLRN on Thursday that voters should hold President Barack Obama, not former President George W. Bush, accountable for the poor state of America’s economy.

Conservative PAC American Crossroads circulated the startling statement Thursday afternoon, expecting it will take Democratic campaign strategists by surprise.

“Right now, understandably — totally legitimate — this is a referendum on Obama and Biden and the nature of the state of the economy,” Biden said.

Polls indicating that more Americans blame Bush for the economy than Obama are not relevant, Biden said.

“Even though fifty-some percent of the American people think that the economy tanked because of the last administration, that’s not relevant,” Biden stressed. “What’s relevant is we’re in charge. And right now we are the ones in charge and it’s gotten better, but it hasn’t gotten good enough.”

“I don’t blame them for being mad. We’re in charge,” Biden explained. (RELATED: Biden says GOP threatens cops, firefighters)

Biden did clarify that while the 2012 election is currently shaping up as a referendum on the Obama administration, “it’s soon going to be a choice.” He then launched into an on-air pitch for the president’s American Jobs Act.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

WOW THATS A FANTASTIC WAY TO THROW YOUR BOSS UNDER THE BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
No way I'd vote for Hermain Cain.

This dog won't vote for Cain to be head of any train.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
People shouldn't be required to be financial geniuses to not be poor.
Your attitude is unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
People shouldn't be required to be financial geniuses to not be poor.
Your attitude is unbelievable.

You don't have to be a financial genius.

Common sense and confidence are more important than any degree or class. Its simple common sense to stay informed. Overcoming hesitation, fear, and waste has nothing to do with genius or education.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Americans really need to wake up and realize that the vast majority of Dems and Repubs have been bought and paid for by the exact same corporate interests. There is no real difference in outcome for the run of the mill American.

Bush,,,Clinton,,,Bush,,,,Obama,,,DOES NOT MATTER.. They are not the power brokers in reality!!!!

As long as the corporate masters in cahoots with talk show hosts (Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity etc) and " tv journalists" can keep the American people diverted by the illusory battle between the two sides, they can retain their control

The only way things are going to improve in this country is for people to truly understand this fact.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

WOW THATS A FANTASTIC WAY TO THROW YOUR BOSS UNDER THE BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brings up the question whether Biden will be the Dem VP candidate in 2012, eh?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, so much for his campaign.

He just had his Howard Dean moment, and he's over politically.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
(CNN) – If you're dissatisfied with the economy, or unemployed, Herman Cain thinks you should take a long, hard look in the mirror.

And you will find that mirror was made in China.

In all fairness I think Cain was addressing the "Occupy Wall Street" protesters and not unemployed in general. These protesters are a bunch of Obama loyalists and hypocrites. They voted for Obama but don't protest the fact that Obama was heavily funded by Wall Street and has so many corporate crony connections it would make Dick Cheney blush.

Who is to blame for putting in office a President that listens to the needs of GE and Goldman Sachs?

Let's not lie to ourselves, the "Occupy Wall Street" protests have been hijacked by Soros, the unions, and Obama.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Vikus because: oop

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join